Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: All That Blue (Complete!)  (Read 4271 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
All That Blue (Complete!)
« on: June 14, 2022, 11:46:51 pm »

Just a lighthearted non-serious game, to help me fight my crushing writer's block.

Airshow registration: Describe your plane, balloon, helicopter, ect. up to modern tech. Setting is a vast expanse of farmland and a cozy village nestled in the hills nearby. and...

All That Blue

The better your rolls, the less fuel consumed. If you want to clarify some pros and cons of your chosen vehicle, these may factor into your rolls. There's no points, no winners, and no losers. Just a sandbox.

Update: Airshow will end June 19th.

Aircraft Regulations:
1) An aircraft.
2) No real weapons. (No hostile actions permitted!)
3) No fantasy or scifi tech.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 02:36:56 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All That Blue
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 02:54:48 am »

Have a WWI biplane, and be a angry looking man with a long mustache that is prepared to twirl it menacingly as he drops bombs on the cozy village.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ghost armor 1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 05:45:03 am »

An scifi enthusiast is putting the finishing touches on his full scale model X-wing and preparing to take it for a test flight

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 06:22:37 am »

A ork flying a plane of various makeshift parts, somehow flying as good as the latest model. He is ready to start some WAAAGGGHHHHSS

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 06:47:32 am »

Have a WWI biplane, and be a angry looking man with a long mustache that is prepared to twirl it menacingly as he drops bombs on the cozy village.
(6) The WWI biplane gets in bombing position ... A sinister, snarling grin grows to fill the pilot's face, then, Dive—Dive—Dive, the villagers look up and the roar of the biplane engine grows louder and louder, before, drop—drop—drop, something is being released upon the town! They whistle through the air, closer, closer, and... Pop! Pop! POP! Bursts of color! Pink, Green, and Yellow! The children cheer! The pilot's crook'd teeth beam with delight, as he struggles to right himself, and buzzes on by the town.

Spoiler: WWI Biplane (click to show/hide)

An scifi enthusiast is putting the finishing touches on his full scale model X-wing and preparing to take it for a test flight
The inspector is looking over your X-Wing inspired... (What? What is the actual vehicle?)

A ork flying a plane of various makeshift parts, somehow flying as good as the latest model. He is ready to start some WAAAGGGHHHHSS
The inspector turns to examine another plane... (Same question. Can be modified but give an example of an actual working vehicle for comparison.)
Scrawling "WAAAGGGHHHHSS" across the form is not going to be sufficient explanation of something up to Modern Tech alone, otherwise the inspector is gunna Banhammer 40k feet high aspirations.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:01:43 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 08:31:08 am »

A hot air balloon covered in sponsor logos.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 10:55:25 am »

It is powahwd by sum little gits energy granted by the brain boyz. Oh, I see dah problem, it’z has no war paints.

Step 1: Be Ork
Step 2: have scrap plane
Step 3: add magic war paint
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 02:45:56 pm »

A hot air balloon covered in sponsor logos.
(5) Fire erupts and a hot air balloon takes to the sky. Scrawled around it are many sponsor logos, like "THE MUSEUM OF FLIGHT", "STAR WARS", and "WARHAMMER 40,000". A strong updraft carries the balloon way up high.

Spoiler: Sponsor Balloon (click to show/hide)

It is powahwd by sum little gits energy granted by the brain boyz. Oh, I see dah problem, it’z has no war paints.

Step 1: Be Ork
Step 2: have scrap plane
Step 3: add magic war paint
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

give an example of an actual working vehicle for comparison
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 02:50:03 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 06:26:52 pm »

Whattt

That is a working vehicle, but fineee

Cough cough, it is called…. a DEFFKOPTA!

A Deffkopta is a rotary-wing aircraft that is often employed by the Orks.

Deffkopta is a one-Ork flying machine that is little more than a scavenged Warbike frame with its wheels removed and to which a set of whirring rotors has been attached, mounted above the pilot's head. Additionally, a jet engine has been added to the rear of the airframe.

The rotors hold the machine aloft as the jet engine propels it forwards, allowing the Deffkopta to scream across the battlefield in the general direction of the enemy, all the while firing its underslung weaponry in the vain hope of actually hitting a target.

The DEFFKOPTA is a machine of beauty, at least to orks. It generally doesn’t need to need to be upgraded, given that if the ork believes hard enough, it can basically do anything. Albeit with the chance of failure.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 06:37:29 pm »

Quote from: Knightwing64
A Deffkopta is a rotary-wing aircraft that is often employed by the Orks...It generally doesn’t need to need to be upgraded, given that if the ork believes hard enough, it can basically do anything. Albeit with the chance of failure.
No actual fantasy magic or scifi tech will be allowed, the posted limitation was "Up to Modern Tech"...that said it can be a replica with a pilot roleplaying an ork. I can see there may be interest in more fantasy stuff, but I feel real tech is open ended enough for the stress-free game I want to host.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 02:32:45 am »

(My plane seems to have been upgraded by one war.)

The pilot of the biplane is filled with delight knowing the people in the village don't suspect a thing because what they think are small capsules filled with confetti are actually filled with powerful chemicals that cause horrible mutations, after having that happy thought he starts flying towards the farmers fields in order to start stage two of his sinister plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ghost armor 1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 03:25:26 am »

The inspector is looking over your X-Wing inspired... (What? What is the actual vehicle?)

Oh, my X wing? it's actually a mildly used glider with four wings secured to the Fuselage with tapes and super glue, the Four "ion engines" that propel it is made from some  "Recycled" magnetrons I got from some used microwave from the local trash heap.

It's armed with four laser pointers that I personally modified to fire "bots" of light through a lengthy process involving among other things making a lense from the bose einstein condensate of Tungsten Hexafluoride along with a speaker that goes "pew-pew" whenever the laser fires to get a authentic X-wing experence.

It's all powered a Teslia car battary that "on loan"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 03:50:15 am by ghost armor 1337 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2022, 06:03:12 am »

Quote from: Knightwing64
A Deffkopta is a rotary-wing aircraft that is often employed by the Orks...It generally doesn’t need to need to be upgraded, given that if the ork believes hard enough, it can basically do anything. Albeit with the chance of failure.
No actual fantasy magic or scifi tech will be allowed, the posted limitation was "Up to Modern Tech"...that said it can be a replica with a pilot roleplaying an ork. I can see there may be interest in more fantasy stuff, but I feel real tech is open ended enough for the stress-free game I want to host.

Okay, take out the magic, leave in the absurd amount of weaponry.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2022, 08:48:58 am »

No vehicle, is a non-sapient pidgeon. No magic or technology.
Catch a bug.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2022, 09:13:59 am »

Rise even higher.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4