Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: All That Blue (Complete!)  (Read 4282 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All That Blue
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2022, 01:08:55 am »

Be angry about my foiled plans and fly around in a angry way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2022, 09:41:41 pm »

There can never be too many bombs! Try to aim the bombs, using them to splash paint in a way that draws a ork. Graffiti!
(I know bombs don’t work that way. It’s the rule of funny, work with me and I will give you a free ork DEFFKOPTA at your local Walmart)
(3+1=4) Seeing the splotches and confetti on the ground, the greenskin pilot chortles and takes aim, dropping another POP green paint bomb. It takes a little creative liberties to see it but yeah, from up here, definitely one of the Boyz.

Spoiler: Deffkopta Helicopter (click to show/hide)

fly around in a angry way.
(6) The biplane pilot performs daring loops and twirls, like he is gunning down enemy forces. The crowd below grows quickly, and the faint cheers can be heard even way up here!

Spoiler: WWI Biplane (click to show/hide)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2022, 02:39:34 am »

Keep flying around getting even angrier as the crowd below must be mocking him and his failure, also throw the rest of my bombs over the side with a little satisfaction knowing that if they were the real thing everyone below would be mutated in horribly ways.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2022, 02:48:43 am »

Eh.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2022, 03:08:53 am »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2022, 05:43:34 am »

Reach into my pocket and throw out a bunch of mini toy orks, they are made out if sturdy stuff to handle the fall.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2022, 05:10:34 pm »

Eh.
?
Man, this game was tedious. I'm sure I lack perspective, perhaps the OP was unclear or something, and I am sure I come across as too strict or controlling. Fine, so what? This was just a peaceful airshow for pilots of various real aircraft. Not 40k orks, not pigeons, not genocidal murderers. I just wanted something simple to write. Like I said, I am sure some part of this is my fault since it has been so relentless, some how I am the common factor. I'm sure I'll be thinking about it for a long time.

Last day for actions, if anyone wants to have their realistic modern aircraft do peaceful stunts in an airshow without secretly coveting desires to murder everyone. Then it's finally over.

I'm sorry I didn't update more often, I was--besides sleeping--planning to wait 3 hours after an action to posts them, but so often I was just trying to pick my jaw up off the ground, let alone rally any enthusiasm. I hate to be a victim, I choose to believe I am empowered to avoid what ever caused this shit show, but I don't think I even understand what went so wrong.

I write stuff like this all the time to vent, then delete it. Not today.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2022, 05:18:02 pm »

Reach into my pocket and throw out a bunch of mini toy orks, they are made out if sturdy stuff to handle the fall.
(5-1=4) As the Deffkopta blades chop air, the villagers look up to see little specks falling. The rubber toys bounce off the ground, and the children drop to their knees to hunt for the collectible figures.

Spoiler: Deffkopta Helicopter (click to show/hide)

Awesome With Autism

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2022, 05:24:40 pm »

Like any game, it's a matter of give and take. You didn't provide much structure, but you did give boundaries which keep other people from making their own structure. That's fine, but the end balance ended up with not many people being interested. If you want participation to help you write, you have to consider how to grab attention and keep it. Which is also just generally a good idea with writing, make hooks to keep the reader engaged.

Since there's no goals, implied or explicit, the game is a sandbox. But you put intentional limits on the sandbox, so that what I'm left with is... flying a plane in a blank space. Not interesting enough for me to want to play with it.

The addition of characters, implied goals, or increased RTD wackiness might improve interest. I know you didn't want the latter, but it's worth considering why other people might want to participate in your game.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2022, 05:35:50 pm »

Throw paint bombs and backflip out of the DEFFKOPTA for one last show

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2022, 08:46:57 pm »

I suppose my personality type, is I'd rather have 0 players, than some players that reinterpret the rules...Despite that, I see a silver lining in Egan's words, that people wanted to play my game and find ways to insert their enthusiasm in it in a genuine way. Normally, I do try to not just be flexible, but wildly flexible like with ZL and map terraforming, or ArenaCraft with magic cards to summon almost anything. All That Blue was a recovery game for me to put the hot iron in water and let off steam.---The game did, help me to catch my breath...thank you for.. being here with me.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2022, 01:33:51 am »

I will say that the original OP said nothing about non-hostile actions only, so I was under the impression that this was a minimalist game with a theme of being an airshow, also the last few of my actions haven't been hostile just angry, I have a feeling that the game would have played out more like how you wanted it to if you had mentioned no magic, sci-fi, and hostility in the OP when you fist made it rather than adding it in a few days later.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2022, 01:41:10 am »

I understand, but it is good to hear it, rather than assume. I used catch all phrases, like "Up to modern tech" instead of no Sci-fi and magic, and "there's no winners or losers" instead of no combat, specifically.

I'll wrap up the last few actions later tonight.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2022, 04:21:14 am »

I kind of got the whole no sci-fi and magic from the up to modern tech part, but the no winners or losers thing didn't bring thoughts of no combat and instead made it sound like there wasn't a contest.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2022, 05:00:12 am »

Ah, yeah in retrospect that makes sense. I'm too tired! I've got King Z and KW64 moves, but if more sneak in before I get back, that's fine. Night.
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4