Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dashringed, A 1x1 succesion game!  (Read 9025 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Dashringed, A 1x1 succesion game!
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2022, 07:45:45 pm »

A sacred meadow is some sort of intelligent undead.

I thought 'sacred' is used only in priest titles, not in int undead names, so maybe they're an (intelligent) undead priest? (Or, more likely, I'm just wrong...)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »

According to Legends - Momuz Sakrithfikod is a priest and also...still alive. Horrible mistake there locking her up as an undead.

Sacred meadow is a title in The Doctrine of Dresses - who I have to assume would have some qualms about their priest being undressed and stuffed in a cage.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 10:54:41 pm »

My bad for assuming! Though she did fight alongside the undead.
I guess the warrior of Smuksmumosnun could also be a living creature, then?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 11:02:47 pm by Quarque »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 11:58:01 pm »

Yeah, experiments I think are randomly generated whether they are living or not (i.e., targetted by anything opposed to life), though the descriptions suggest they never really died, but were just magically transformed.

Anyway, the save runs and works. Didn't get to play this break, but I'll dig in soon. Just gotta figure out what to do with my turn.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2022, 12:50:06 am »

Started playing. Haven't done a ton worth note - a small fort which runs pretty fast goes by quicker than I'm used to (even though I tend to go 2x2 or the forbidden 1x3).

Mostly cleaning up, upgrading rooms, and labeling levers. Trying to get a infinite metal works going, but we'll see. Setting up a larger military to benefit from that metal loop, too. It has 4 babies in it.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2022, 01:42:42 am »

Never knew that babies can join the army. Excellent. The dwarven youth brigade.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 09:44:46 pm »

a small fort which runs pretty fast goes by quicker than I'm used to

You could cap the FPS if it feels too fast?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2022, 12:47:52 am »

No worries. I got the military all set with metal weapons and pierced another cavern. About a month or two left, so just cleaning up any of my mistakes for the next overseer. I'll write up a longer report when I'm done (maybe during the weekend.)

It flew by pretty quick, but part of that was me milling about trying to figure out a project to start. I figured the best path to get to magma would be to first have a military capable of not losing the fort to a cave toad or something and then seeking it out. Once I had that goal in mind, it was much more engaged - a lot of pausing and resuming.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2022, 06:06:42 pm »

A 1x1 fort tends to be pretty sleepy, overall - since the distance from map-edge to murdering your favorite dwarf is so short, people tend to play pretty defensively. I am no different, so I turtled like hell.

Here's a run-down of what happened this year:
Sold off some junk and crafts to humans and elves. The humans were kind enough to drop off a bronze trap component that I was able to melt and reforge enough times to make 10 bronze battle-axes. Once that was done, we dived deeper into the next cavern layer - it looks very cool. Bloodthorn only, red muddy floors and a it itself is a vertical piercing dagger aimed at the fort proper.

I built a little antechamber for sending the squad into that cavern layer, the lever is in the training room.

I did a bit of cleaning up. I allowed a few bins in some places, much to Quarqe's chagrin, I'm sure. Mostly this was because the Leather Bins from the dwarves were just sitting in the depot and I figured it'd be better to put them inside than let them be stolen by a giant kea or something.

I labeled the 1xn bridges as such so it's clear which way the lever should be pointed to determine if they're open or closed.

I built a small temple which has immediately become a huge success. It's crammed full of people, but hey - at least they're not having sex any more.

That last part is important because currently, we've got... 18 kids in our fort of 40 dwarves. The ratio was a bit better until twins were born right at the end of my turn.

I set up two cages in the training room - one filled with mongooses who kept wandering into our traps and the other houses the Sacred Meadow. I allowed the military to have some live practice on the mongooses, but when I was going to release the sacred meadow, there just so happened to be three children playing with puzzleboxes in a line right in front of the cage. Felt like a recipe for trouble. Besides...the room needed cleaning up after the mongoose massacre.

Finally, Ast, our bookkeeper and axedwarf, seems to be thoroughly cursed. We have no vermin in the fort except in his office, which now has mounds and mounds of vermin remains. Honestly no idea what's happening there - but I suggest you seal the office in and just give him a new one.

Dwarves need armor! Get to the magma for easier eternal forging. We have a lot of wood thanks to that cavern layer I pierced, food and drink are fine, as well. Everyone seems reasonably happy.

Save is HERE!

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2022, 06:27:38 pm »

Nice one delphonso  :D. BTW, How can I link to individual messages?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 09:35:49 am by ☼Obsidian Short Sword☼ »
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2022, 06:29:16 pm »

Will take a turn
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2022, 06:40:45 pm »

BTW, How can I have links to individual messages?

Right click on the subject/title of the message and choose 'copy link'.

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2022, 07:11:30 pm »

Thanks @brewer bob  ;D
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2022, 12:56:27 pm »

Nice post Delphonso.

I built a small temple which has immediately become a huge success. It's crammed full of people, but hey - at least they're not having sex any more.

lol, Dwarven Mormonism?

It flew by pretty quick, but part of that was me milling about trying to figure out a project to start. I figured the best path to get to magma would be to first have a military capable of not losing the fort to a cave toad or something and then seeking it out. Once I had that goal in mind, it was much more engaged - a lot of pausing and resuming.

this is very relateable, the pausing and resuming increasing as the game becomes interesting.

Looking forward to your turn Brit~

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2022, 07:07:22 am »

I did a bit of cleaning up. I allowed a few bins in some places, much to Quarqe's chagrin, I'm sure.
lol..

Nice writeup. I wonder if there's something Dwarfy that we could do with so many babies. Like, idk, seeing how far you can push it with an army of child soldiers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6