Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Warring Factions New Round(Neptunes Pride/OGame But Better More Sim)  (Read 2017 times)

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't though about this game in years but I got an email in an old account and a new round is starting. Ages ago I recruited Bay12 to support my coup over my faction as president, Trump eat your heart out loser, and we had some fun. New round is way more chill. You can play pretty casually or really dive in.

There's a very unique science system, decent colony management for a browser game and the military stuff is very unique. Think very open ended 4x ship design, 3d map where you can build secret "warpnets" above the galactic plane where sensor nets can't see you and bring in a huge unexpected fleet, and so forth.

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warring Factions New Round(Neptunes Pride/OGame But Better More Sim)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 09:48:58 am »

What is the site of this game? Searching "warring factions" doesn't turn up anything obvious for me.

edit: I find the site now. It's www.war-facts.com.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:08:50 am by bateau-de-coal »

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:48:19 pm »

What is the site of this game? Searching "warring factions" doesn't turn up anything obvious for me.

edit: I find the site now. It's www.war-facts.com.

Yes I am dumb and forgot that part.

Also people who want to be on my side, as the top science player, should join Yellow and message GreatVoid. You can find me in the juvenily named, I'm not the leader, Empire called something Member, or on high scores. Don't pay attention to the scores, they are actually meaningless.

Ranged66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 06:09:52 am »

This looks incredibily interesting. Deep and complicated persistent browser-based MMO games are absolutely my jam, I'll be checking this out.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 07:38:51 am »

Sweet. This round probably won't end up having more than 100 people, 200 if we're lucky. The difference is unlike OGame or something every player matters, there's 2 sides, and since the science system lets you send blueprints and shipdesigns to people you won't be "behind" like in individual linear static techtrees.

I do miss the 4000 player 8 factions + solos rounds of course but browser games are not exactly crushing it these days so you take what you can get.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:07 pm »

I'm lost. My colony has 100% corruption and I don't have Empire Administration building blueprints.
edit: never mind, got a blueprint from my Empire and now have 0% corruption. Still lost though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 03:39:46 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 03:45:37 pm »

I'm lost. My colony has 100% corruption and I don't have Empire Administration building blueprints.
edit: never mind, got a blueprint from my Empire and now have 0% corruption. Still lost though.

Well you didn't respond to my message so I didn't know you were from here. I'll send you the information I sent Ranged66. Also they shouldn't tech disclosure newbies... I prefer to send the top prints for relevant categories because it gets confusing.

I have reproduced the message I send to new Bay12 players below for convenience:

How's it going?

Some basic stuff to mention:
On your homeworld click Development Setup from the row of buttons on the same level as the red Disband button. Pick Urban Centers. Local Laws to the right pick everything except controlled media and martial law. Taxes should be 0/0 for now. The top left should say Democracy, Undeclared, No Group in descending order. Monthly wage should be 4000. Buy Storage on the far right and get enough to hit 10,000,000. Should be like 993000 or something. I'd recommend applying to the only Empire in the faction. A Giant Member. Annoying name but can't change it. I'll send you the top tier Entertainment Facility, Hospital, Police Station, and Mall and School. Build 10 of each of the things. Then check on the left where it says Malled People. Divide by 10, divide pop by that number, build that many Malls. After a turn passes, you can see turn times by going to Player Relations Starlog and clicking Starlog Pager which makes a popup, see if you need more buildings. Except Malls since we already know how many you needed.

Ah, also you'll want food. The trade station on the homeworld should have some. Local Trade on the top set of buttons. 1 food feeds 10 people per 24 minute tick/turn. So you want 60000 and then 60 ticks a day so 360000*10 = 3.6million. The homeworld has high fertility so if you want you could build Farms yourself and grow your own.

Corruption for single colonies starts at 400000. Food will offset all your costs at this point so you'll have 0 income. Taxes won't work because you have 100% corruption. I'll send you an EA which will handle all your corruption up past 1 million pop. It is quite expensive but probably worth it.

If you were ready for a deep, deep dive, we could show you how to found and population pump a new colony, and you could choose not to build malls or the EA and move 500k or so pop to a new colony. If you want to do science I would recommend this. However you probably can't compete with my science so you'd mostly be practicing for a later round. Warfare won't start for a while, maybe 2 weeks or maybe a month. Instead of doing science you could do mining, although we have a pretty good miner, scouting, although the empire has gotten a lot of scouting done, or you could aim to min-max your population growth.

The last one is probably the most powerful for new players.

I can walk you through whatever you decide to focus on.

Also I'm going to send you the prints you need, 1 by 1, even though you already have them, so you see what is good.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 03:47:11 pm by axiomsofdominion »

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 02:41:14 am »

Just finished a bunch of major improvements on key research in the dynamic research system. Now is the most cost effective, for your in game starter bank account, time to join the Yellow faction.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 09:07:02 pm »

Well, looks like I can't recommend this game anymore. The out of date security certs and lack of https connection means that AT&T now gives an erroneous safety warning and wants me to whitelist the site on the smart home manager for the accounts which is in my father's name and we can't get in to that specific part of the AT&T website. So I'm officially retired from space conquest...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 04:11:03 am »

That's weird, it still works for me. Doesn't complain about any certificates or nothing. (I'm not on AT&T, but still...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 08:36:45 am »

That's weird, it still works for me. Doesn't complain about any certificates or nothing. (I'm not on AT&T, but still...)

It is specifically fancy ATT security features for fiber home wifi. I can still play on my phone if I used data not wifi but it isn't worth it for me personally compared to playing on desktop.

Okay so I can't specifically allow WF to work but I can disable the phishing protection generally. And given it is a Fiber only feature, which normal users don't have it probably won't be an issue.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:37:00 am by axiomsofdominion »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 07:08:40 am »

Alright, I have achieved 100% happiness, feed everyone and mall everyone. What next? Should I just farm resources? All of them or just copper and iron (in which my planet is rich?)

Also, I disagree with the idea that Warfare won't start for a month. There are only 2 factions, so war is inevitable and we can not afford to be caught unprepared for their initial strike. Unless I'm missing something.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 08:37:37 am »

Alright, I have achieved 100% happiness, feed everyone and mall everyone. What next? Should I just farm resources? All of them or just copper and iron (in which my planet is rich?)

Also, I disagree with the idea that Warfare won't start for a month. There are only 2 factions, so war is inevitable and we can not afford to be caught unprepared for their initial strike. Unless I'm missing something.

It takes a long time to travel from where we have colonies to where they do. That's why.

What development index do you have? Typically at this point in the round we don't mine on the homeworld much. You can buy resources from the Empire trade stations under "Local Trade" in the Colony page.

You have a variety of options here. You can start to colonize other planets for various purposes like mining or a military colony. You could also just set up Urban Centralization colonies to grow pop and income.

If you colonize what you typically want to do is send a colony ship with 100 population only and land it when you have a full 22-24 minutes till the next turn. Then set up all your laws and your index to Urban or w/e you want to make and then set all taxes to 0 and wages to 4000. Then have a fleet of full colony ships and just load the colony to like 200k or 300k pop. That will overload the density and cause you to grow landmass much faster. Plus since you'll start with like 4-24 land depending on HAB you'll grow your index much faster towards 300 or so.

High indexes in a single type mean you are really good at that thing. So Military lets you build ships much faster and your colony defenses are super strong. Mining lets you produce way more resources for the same %available and the same building count. Urban lets you grow pop very fast.

Traditionally you want to land colonies on very large players with 20% or more Hab. Big planets grow land much faster. Usually 100bil landmass or better, ideally mostly 200bil plus. There's some debate on this but that is the side I am on. That makes the landmass of your colonies grow much faster.

Feel free to ask thes questions in Empire messages, since only you and me and maybe Ranged if he is still playing read this thread.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 12:17:57 pm »

So new players can still join and contribute, just started skirmishing with individual light capital ships, and you'll get a bonus to population as a late starter.

I almost had to quit but resolved the issue. Veteran players will move some of your population to the battlezone for you so you can get started.

Refined the starter guide a bit based on updated stuff. I last played years ago so there were some changes. In a month or so shit will get real so now is the best time to join and build up and prepare.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 02:29:11 am »

Does WF give a mysql error and a white screeen for everyone else? So annoying. Maybe heatwave crashed the servers.
Pages: [1] 2