Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wildlife Spawning Questions  (Read 731 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Wildlife Spawning Questions
« on: June 17, 2022, 02:02:03 pm »

Does wildlife have lower chance of spawning in larger biomes? Is it proportional to their population as well?

I already know there is some sort of a cap for their maximum amount per loaded map.

How does spawning of vermin work? Can vermin spawn in evil biomes where plants are dead? Do all necromancers have [DEATH] sphere that kills wildlife?

Has anyone ever got actually random encounters with hostile wildlife while traversing 0 savagery areas (we ignore here worldgen quests)?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:10:04 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Wildlife Spawning Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 05:56:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure one group of wildlife is active per biome (that touches the edge of the map) at any given time. If you've got a larger biome, you've probably got less biomes in total.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Wildlife Spawning Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 09:08:12 am »

I'm pretty sure one group of wildlife is active per biome (that touches the edge of the map) at any given time. If you've got a larger biome, you've probably got less biomes in total.

I intentionally created a world with only 3 biomes. Mountain, grassland and savanna, the last one being a side effect of mountains blocking rain.

Assuming it would be the largest world possible with only 12 mountain tiles, 4-6 (or something) savanna tiles and the rest being grassland, would it make chances of encountering mobs in grassland less likely as they would probably have to spread around?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.