Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 20346 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Dumped
« on: June 17, 2022, 10:23:49 pm »

You've been dumped. Like so many before you, and like so many will be after. But life goes on, and so shall you.

Probably.

If the drop pod doesn't incinerate in a too-steep descent into atmosphere, or fall too shallow and bounce off the Trash Planet's atmosphere, sending you careening through the star system for centuries or more, alone and cold.

And if the beasts of the Heaps don't devour you, nor the toxic wastes poison you too severely.

Well, at least you are not allergic to water or oxygen, as this planet apparently has both in abundance.

At least, that's what the in-flight instructional audio said. Repeatedly. Most of the rest of the instructions are a bit of a blur in your memory. Or maybe they were rather blurred coming out of the speaker.

The rest of your reminiscence is cut off as your pod hits hard atmosphere, the roar of air burning away the thin protective plating loud in your auditory sensors for what seemed longer than it probably was, before your pod finally slowed enough to drop slowly (by cosmic standards) through the denser low atmosphere. And then, a couple tense minutes as you wait for the race between the parachute and the ground to be decided.

Lucky you, parachute wins, this time. You land with a mere bone jarring thud, rather than the cell shattering splat that might have been. A warning light appears and the warning message is cut off mid sentence by the explosion that sends your pod's hatch hurtling outward. You hear a dull clang - the sound of metal on metal - and immediately after a much louder, sharper clang - the sound of something large and metal rocketing into your drop pod at explosive speeds. Auditory sensors ringing, nauseous, and feeling somewhat heavy, you stagger out of your limited crash chair and peek from your hatch to see several very identical pods nearby. it appears you've landed in an open, sparsely grassed area alongside others who have been dumped.

Spoiler: The Heck? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet? (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 11:18:48 pm »

Ah screw it got nothing but free time hope this one lasts a decent amount of time

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 11:20:27 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 11:52:54 pm »

Name: Alice!
Species: Human
Species distinctives: Big stupid skull which kills mothers, graspy thumbs, slow but efficient bipedal run, etc. Some minor additional evolution geared toward surviving in microgravity, which won't help here. Always prepared for the previous war, you know.
Quest objectives: Be Alive
Inventory: Prisoner Clothes
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 12:53:55 am »

Name: Veron Maldrac
Species: Toad
Species Distinctives: Humanoid fungoid lifeforms that are naturally gifted at construction.
Quest: Attempt to contact and rejoin with Mushroom Kingdom Starfleet Navy
Inventory: Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Helmet, Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Uniform, Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Boots, Fire Flower Thermal Pistol

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 02:26:10 am »

Name: Geryon Vagante
Species: Poltergeist
Species Distinctives: Incorporeal creature with natural telekinetic abilities.  Must posess some object to survive for more than a few minutes.  Must occasionally consume objects, rendering them into ash, rust, or other high-entropy forms to regain energy.  Innate radar sense capable of detecting and analyzing nearby objects.
Quest Objective: Form awesome body capable of retaking to the stars.
Inventory: Currently posessing an office chair.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 02:36:45 am »

Name: Debby
Species: Deer person
Species distinctives: Has the body of a human but the head of a deer.
Quest objectives: Enjoy this really cheap vacation
Inventory: Casual clothing, Sunglasses, wide brimmed hat, cellphone, camera, suitcase filled with clothing
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 06:38:01 am »

Name: Mr: Zorak

Species: Fifth-Dimensional Imp

Species Distinctives: Fifth-Dimensional Imp’s are incredibly powerful beings capable of warping reality to their whims; from a human viewpoint, they appear to be nearly omnipotent, but there are actually quite a few limits to their abilities which the imps refer to as “The 3 Rules”

1: Imp’s are never allowed to say their name backwards or they’ll get banished.

2: their powers have limits. (Decided by GM)

3: They always appear as a small humanoid male wearing a bowler hat.

Quest: Have fun and mess with people.

Inventory: Bowler Hat, fashionable clothes and a glowing crystal.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 09:01:31 am »

Interested but exhausted because all-nighter. will follow-up after some rest. Might try to play Gwyn again? not going to hard-commit to that because tired me isn't allowed to make decisions.
I want in though!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 10:19:50 pm »

As per usual, it will help the GM remember your character if your sheet is posted in a spoiler with your actions.

The first thing you all notice is the smell. Except the poltergeist, which only really notices that it is a chair, and that the pod seems to have settled down, and that there is an outside.
As for the rest of you, the sulfur stink of rotten eggs is unpleasant at best, mildly revolting at worst. Might want to consider resolving that issue.

The second thing you guys notice is the very brightly glowing objects following your own planetfall trajectory rather alarmingly closely. There are possibly more than one latecomer soon to join your party, perhaps rather vigorously!

Ah screw it got nothing but free time hope this one lasts a decent amount of time

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
You squint a lot and shy back into your pod. It's bright out there, yo. Landed on the sun side of the planet, apparently.

Name: Alice!
Species: Human
Species distinctives: Big stupid skull which kills mothers, graspy thumbs, slow but efficient bipedal run, etc. Some minor additional evolution geared toward surviving in microgravity, which won't help here. Always prepared for the previous war, you know.
Quest objectives: Be Alive
Inventory: Prisoner Clothes
Alice and her big, stupid, matricidal skull have achieved their first objective: be alive! Yep, definitely alive. As a reward, your ration pack and emergency kit are both actually functional! put those in inventory, I'm sure they'll come in handy. Also a flare gun, with flares, assuming you want anything on this planet to know where you are, ever.

Name: Veron Maldrac
Species: Toad
Species Distinctives: Humanoid fungoid lifeforms that are naturally gifted at construction.
Quest: Attempt to contact and rejoin with Mushroom Kingdom Starfleet Navy
Inventory: Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Helmet, Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Uniform, Mushroom Kingdom Starfighter Boots, Fire Flower Thermal Pistol
If that uniform/helmet combo were meant to be a sealed environment, something is clearly wrong, as environmental smells and sounds are leaking in pretty easily

Name: Geryon Vagante
Species: Poltergeist
Species Distinctives: Incorporeal creature with natural telekinetic abilities.  Must posess some object to survive for more than a few minutes.  Must occasionally consume objects, rendering them into ash, rust, or other high-entropy forms to regain energy.  Innate radar sense capable of detecting and analyzing nearby objects.
Quest Objective: Form awesome body capable of retaking to the stars.
Inventory: Currently posessing an office chair.
A wheeled office chair, I assume?

Name: Debby
Species: Deer person
Species distinctives: Has the body of a human but the head of a deer.
Quest objectives: Enjoy this really cheap vacation
Inventory: Casual clothing, Sunglasses, wide brimmed hat, cellphone, camera, suitcase filled with clothing
You are thankful for the sunglases and hat: it's pretty bright and fairly hot out there. You wonder if you remembered to pack sunscreen. Or bug spray. or antiradiation pills. Or a spare can of air.
You have your first objective! Name that reference! No penalty for failure. Reward: sunscreen, bug spray, antirad pills, and a can of air.

Name: Mr: Zorak

Species: Fifth-Dimensional Imp

Species Distinctives: Fifth-Dimensional Imp’s are incredibly powerful beings capable of warping reality to their whims; from a human viewpoint, they appear to be nearly omnipotent, but there are actually quite a few limits to their abilities which the imps refer to as “The 3 Rules”

1: Imp’s are never allowed to say their name backwards or they’ll get banished.

2: their powers have limits. (Decided by GM)

3: They always appear as a small humanoid male wearing a bowler hat.

Quest: Have fun and mess with people.

Inventory: Bowler Hat, fashionable clothes and a glowing crystal.
Getting banished sure is irritating. And you can't return for a year and a day, no less! Why did you even try that rhyming game after that many Zaphodian Vodkas? Well, at least these ... people ... look relatively amusing. Might not be too boring a year, if they stay alive, or if you find more like them. You idly wonder if there ARE more like them.

Interested but exhausted because all-nighter. will follow-up after some rest. Might try to play Gwyn again? not going to hard-commit to that because tired me isn't allowed to make decisions.
I want in though!
You'll arrive on the second wave of dropships, along with any others who still want to join. Welcoem to teh shi ... errr, Ozshow!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 10:34:44 pm »

"Hey look, I have supplies. Really, that seems like it represents a shocking amount of effort paid towards keeping me alive, together with the sealed can and the parachute. Are the rest of you alive as well?"

Use senses to detect the source of bad smell, and large brain to determine if it is a threat to my safety, and if so whether it could be neutralized by shooting a flare into it.

As a secondary matter, use senses and brain to determine an ETA for the late wave of pods, and where they're likely to land so that I may avoid being scooshed.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 11:39:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 12:22:10 am »

Alternate:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 03:55:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 12:34:09 am »

man, that game was complicated

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 01:59:45 am »

A wheeled office chair, I assume?

((Yeah, sounds good, although I was thinking the poltergeist could make stuff levitate, too.  I figure if a human could lift something, so can the Poltergeist.))

Roll outside and see what I landed in!  Flick any levers or buttons needed to open the door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2022, 03:09:00 am »

man, that game was complicated
facts :P I like complicated though. It is kinda funny how complicated even the super-condensed version I put here was.
by the way, I don't know what happened to the discord for that game, so I actually don't have a lot of the PM'd stuff anymore (and it's been long enough I forgot most of it).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18