Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 20356 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Dumped
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2022, 06:59:51 am »

Veron tentatively walks up to one of the kitchens, with a goal of investigating the collars himself. What Debby was saying was correct. The collars on all eight of the kittens flashed sentences in response to either basic questions or statements from others.

"What the hell?" Veron asked aloud. "How are the collars doing that? Do each one of the collars have an AI installed?"

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2022, 02:28:28 am »

"But the collars seem to small to have an AI inside of it, they're ether really smart somehow or magic."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2022, 04:55:04 am »

Code: (3) [Select]
--Neurolink--
Code: (4) [Select]
brain->collar
Code: (5) [Select]
smartcuzall=1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2022, 02:24:55 am »

"So a bunch of baby cats all liked together somehow makes them smarter than baby, that's interesting."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2022, 09:45:19 pm »

Arrive at shelter, heal Debby's hand. If there's spare action, scrounge for new pants also treat Veron.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
(5) you get Debby's hand stitched up with some autostitches from the emergency kit. She'll need to be cautious with it for a bit, but it should heal good as new. You look at her once more, thankful at least that your mother killing head isn't quite THAT big and deadly. (3) you find a weathered and torn curtain that you can fashion into a long skirt. Maybe you can find something to stitch it into pants, or just tie the bottoms around your ankles or something. You find an old pot you could fill with water to at least scrub out the worst of the gross from your undergarments.

Arrive at shelter, shake the chair a little bit to see if the thing on it is still alive

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Move the chair a bit to provide my lizardy friend proof of my existance.
The chair is shaken and rattles in return. It's alive! Sort of.

Not exactly my ideal living place, but I’m sure I can spruce it up a little bit. Everyone, please back away a bit, exploding isn’t very good for your health. I think, dunno. Could be.”

“Nice to meet all these new faces, and I hope we can get to know each other better now that we have a proper home. :). You’re welcome about the teleport btw, couldn’t leave my new friends behind, you know?

Arrive at shelter, snap fingers, spruce the place up a little bit. Add some air fresheners, fix any obvious damage form age, add a fresh coat of paint, basic living necessities, etc etc.

If I have any energy left over after that house renovation, use it to create a Little Rock buddy for sanity purposes, literally just a small rock man that can talk and is full of optimism.

(4) THE containers are half buried under the trash, almost as if they were build to be mostly underground, so exterior paint is right out. But you tidy up the inside, removing a layer of rust, giving the containers a nice, smooth metal look and feel, straightening a few bent joints and clearing most of the dust, except in the northernmost container, where the rat went. You grow some grass above and in front of the main entrance, add a small white picket fence, a few flowers, and a few ceiling fans, which are a tad low for the human sized people, and definitely problematic for the big lizard.

As for basic living necessities ... (2) you create a wooden bucket with a word painted in black across it: "STOOL"

(1) you attempt to enchant a rock to be sapient, but discover two problems: first, it wasn't a rock, it was a smushed together conglomeration of old plastic toy soldiers, plastic dinosaurs, cars, and the heads of several plastic girls' dolls, caked in mud and sand and forgotten in a heap. The second problem is that they carried some emotional residue from their time as toys and after, and from their essence as anthropomorphic representations of human character. In short, the whole ball has gone mad and is now howling, crying, barking, sputtering, and moaning in a very, very unsettling way. And the second of your major rules comes to mind: no undo button. can't just reverse a mistaken action - instead you must solve the new situation brought about by your powers.

"What the hell just happened?" Veron glanced confusedly at Mr. Zorak. "..You have psionic abilites?"

Arrive at the shelter and attempt to find medical supplies
(3) you find an old sink that could be propped up or attached to a wall to hold water, a sturdy bench to lay victi - err .... "patients" on, and a hacksaw. And a liter of whiskey. For painkilling purposes? There's enough cloth around to work as bandages, and enough broken wood items to use something for a splint if necessary.

Understood about the "Control player characters" I changed it.

If I am able to: Arrive at shelter and introduce myself.

If I am not able to go to the shelter: View my surroundings and if I notice other beings head towards them and introduce myself.

Quote from: Cy-Borg Bob
Greetings, I am Bob, the first of my kind and I am a Cy-Borg. You may call me Cy-Borg Bob, Borg Bob, or just plain . . . Bob. I will be leaving this world and it's space and prove that Cy-Borgs are the superior race over humans by destroying the interlopers who tried to destroy me. If anyone would like to join me I will be willing to offer a portion of my power to you. Currently I have elevated healing and adaption. If you do not want to be injected with nanobots at this time then I will respect your wishes. This is an open invitation.

Spoiler: Cy-Borg Bob (click to show/hide)
(2)(5) It all turns out the same either way. You climb out of your damaged pod, climb to the top of your current junk pile, see the angry dinosaur, and think this is a great opportunity. So, yo uare in front of the shelter with the big koopa shaking a chair.

"That guy with a gun isn't as injured as he'd like us to think he is because I saw him moving around, also did anyone else suddenly teleport a few feet?"
Arrive at the shelter, after having cut the parachute free from the pod and leaving that bit of siding behind, then await the healing.
Your hand is stitched up, but you will roll at disadvantage for a while on complex actions with your hands.

I guide the various individuals that dropped from the pods like me to the apparently abandoned shelter, and collect all of myself together there.
((didn't notice the ear-healing roll this last turn btw Oz. I'll assume for now that all five failed.))
((after some interactions, here's my action:))
scatter and start poking around this shelter, seeing if I find anything interesting.

After collecting together, I form a line so that all my collars can be seen simultaneously:
I need to make sure they know that I'm here and that I'm not just a bunch of random kittens.
All of me together: "MEW!"
Code: (1) [Select]
Hi! I'm Kit!-
Code: (2) [Select]
each of me is
Code: (3) [Select]
linked to the
Code: (4) [Select]
others and we
Code: (5) [Select]
-are all one-
Code: (6) [Select]
being. Please
Code: (7) [Select]
look out for-
Code: (8) [Select]
-----me------
Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
I'll roll ten times this turn to make up for last turn. the sixth and tenth roll succeeded, so #5 and #8 are healed. Ding!
(6) you explore the shelter and find that it is, in fact, eight containers together. Two of them have had the walls between them opened to form a large open room, and in the same way the two behind those have as well. the other four are arranged along the sides of the back pair, facing perpendicular to the main rooms. So, in effect, you have a main room with the entrance facing west, then to the east a second large room that looks like a communal kitchen/storage area, with four "rooms" off that, two to teh north and two south. The entrances to those are small (for a human) but reinforced to provide structural stability. You find that one of the side rooms on the north has an exit into the trash heap, and one on the south used to, but that end of the container is collapsed. the trash pile outside would cover the entrance anyway.

You also find canned food in a pantry at the back of the kitchen! And a mousetrap that #7 steps in. He yelps quite loudly, and skitters off through the containers outside, howling, trap stuck on his foot.
You also find a plasma ball. you touch the surface and a little plasma arc leaps out from teh central ball to the glass under your paw.

"Ah finally! Hovel home is mine mine! Grrrrr Chatters claims left north space corner!"

Eat some spiders and claim the northern left corner of the shelter for myself keep intruders out of my corner

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
You take over the back north container and hiss at anyone approaching. You eat half a dozen spiders and a grub! Your corner is cool and dirty and smells of trash.

You have a shelter made of 8 cargo containers. Six rooms in total: tow big ones (double containers) arranged west to east with the opening at the west,

and four smaller ones to the north and south. the back north one is claimed by the rat, and the front south one has one end collapsed under the rubble outside.
the front north one also has an exit

The imp tidied the place up a bit so it's kinda nice inside. There are a few functional cots in the rooms, a table in the kitchen area, and a couch and some chairs in the front hall. the entrance is big enough for Bowser, but he wouldn't fit into the side rooms.

(3) There is a distant sound, like thunder, coming from ... hard to say which direction really.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2022, 10:02:46 pm »

"This is... emotionally tiring... Ok. Hello Kit, may I pet a kitten?"

Help Kit7.

Improve happiness by having a rest and petting a cat if allowed. Adorable little toxoplasmosis carriers.
While petting cat, ponder if I should add any new quests. Maybe fixing up a corner of the shack as a medical area? Could be helpful to be able to treat things with advantage or something.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:19:35 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2022, 03:26:43 am »

"This is... emotionally tiring... Ok. Hello Kit, may I pet a kitten?"

Improve happiness by having a rest and petting a cat if allowed. Adorable little toxoplasmosis carriers.
I start to respond to this but all of me visibly startle and jump simultaneously as I <7> accidently step into the mousetrap.
!!Bad trap!!! I hurry over to Alice and show her my <7> trapped paw. I do also allow petting afterwards and will want comfort and all but I want this trap off!
I <4> also spend some time playing with the plasma ball, it's fun and different, it also gives me something to focus on and play with to distract me from the trap on my foot.
The rest of me continue exploring our shelter, learning where all the tiny nooks and crannies and shortcuts and hiding spaces are.

Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2022, 03:45:35 am »

(Did I mange to get the parachute before I got to the shelter in the last turn?)

"Thank you for fixing my hand Alice!, if anyone needs me I'm gonna be looking around for anything nearby that could make this place less of a cave in a pile of garbage and more of a nice place to live.
Search the trash pile around the shelter for anything that could make our lives here easier or better.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2022, 10:02:08 am »

Huh. Can’t say I expected that, eh. Well… I don’t want it soooo, HEY, MAGIC FOX HIVEMIND, TAKE A SENTIENT BALL OF PLASTIC! FETCH!

I toss the magic tortured ball to one of the Kits.

Alright, now it’s time to get set up.

I bring out my magical glowing crystal and turn it into a servant golem to do all the chores I’m too lazy to do. Sit back and relax as I play Rock Paper Scissors with a conjured up illusion of another person.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:03:55 am by Knightwing64 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2022, 11:45:54 am »

I start to respond to this but all of me visibly startle and jump simultaneously as I <7> accidently step into the mousetrap.
!!Bad trap!!! I hurry over to Alice and show her my <7> trapped paw. I do also allow petting afterwards and will want comfort and all but I want this trap off!

"Ah, poor thing. Hopefully that's the last hand injury today, eh?"
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2022, 03:09:54 pm »

Investigate the area.

Quote from: Cy-Borg Bob
Greetings, turtle why are you shaking the chair?

Spoiler: Cy-Borg Bob (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2022, 07:36:08 am »

Now my entrance has been guarded begin creating my under dwelling by claw digging through the floor surface! Or try to atleast.

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2022, 09:04:20 am »

Attempt to use the bandages Veron found as a compression-aid to alleviate the head fracture pain

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2022, 03:37:49 pm »

Bring the chair with me to the trash heap and look for anything of possible use

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2022, 12:52:28 am »

Scavenge around by jumping from the chair to various other objects.  Start by looking for hand tools in particular.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18