Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 20219 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2022, 03:52:21 pm »

Alternate Charsheet added.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2022, 04:04:57 pm »

Well, all the landed characters have posted, sop let's see who gets squished by the latecomers!
(3)(5) whose pod ...(2) second posted character.
And also who gets affected by the smell!

Also, I'd like to remind you all ... so remind you I shall, right now: I like to put events that affect the whole squad at the bottom of the turns, so please remember to read the top portion and the bottom portion at least. Doesn't hurt to read each other's action outcomes either.

"Hey look, I have supplies. Really, that seems like it represents a shocking amount of effort paid towards keeping me alive, together with the sealed can and the parachute. Are the rest of you alive as well?"

Use senses to detect the source of bad smell, and large brain to determine if it is a threat to my safety, and if so whether it could be neutralized by shooting a flare into it.

As a secondary matter, use senses and brain to determine an ETA for the late wave of pods, and where they're likely to land so that I may avoid being scooshed.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
(3) The smell is nauseating. Not an immediate threat to life, but it could be? Or maybe the whole planet just stinks. It's coming from ... well, there's no wind, so it's local. Maybe one of your pods landed in it? as you ponder this, you glance at your pod, then up at the sky, at the bottom end of an incoming pod! (5) You terror dive-roll out of the way as the pod crashes heavily into your own pod, denting it pretty heavily and sending it tumbling through the makeshift camp. Now for the smell: (3) you lay there, adrenaline pumping, stomach lurching. You try to catch your breaht but it makes you want to heave, which makes you not want to breathe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your pod settles to the ground with a dull thump, and the door violently explodes outward (1) (3) , leaving your ears ringing. (the rolls are to determine if the door hit anyone, and who. I rolled based on order of character creation)

Your pod lands violently with a wild clang, listing heavily sideways and rattling [character TBD?] like those beans inside a maraca. (2) The pod eventually ends up door down, which is inconvenient when the door explodes "outward" into hard earth, sending a shockwave back into the pod, popping your eardrums and leaving you nauseated (or equivalent if you do swap characters before official introduction - the bundle of kittens is approved, by the way). you can already tell - this planet sucks. You have the status: slightly deaf, until your eardrums heal. For the sake of gameplay, I'll assume they heal over time and will roll a d6 each turn until I hit a 5.

A wheeled office chair, I assume?

((Yeah, sounds good, although I was thinking the poltergeist could make stuff levitate, too.  I figure if a human could lift something, so can the Poltergeist.))

Roll outside and see what I landed in!  Flick any levers or buttons needed to open the door.

The wheels are less for locomotion, since I assumed you could levitated objects at least of that size, and more for opportunity for squeakiness. You roll outside and (6) a tumbling pod bounces right over your chair back, careening off your pod, sending your pod rolling down a slight incline. It keeps rolling, then bounces, then lands with a loud, splattery plop! Then it begins to sink.

You landed in chaos. Figuratively speaking.

"Well, hello everyone.." Veron said somewhat wary, seeing all the unique, but possibly dangerous lifeforms that have crashed in the same area all around him.

Also, while Veron knew he has crashed on a Trash Planet, he found it strange that the aromas here were strong enough to bypass his helmet environmental protections. Or was his helmet damaged? Veron would have to do field inspections and repairs of all his equipment later.

After that small greeting- a greeting Veron wasn't even sure everyone had heard, Veron would tap the comm button on the right side of his helmet, trying to contact Mushroom Fleet CIVV. He hopes that his fleet was victorious against the Bowser Imperium. Veron was fighting two star systems over, close to where this planet is in, but had to eject from his starfighter after receiving critical damage from anti-fighter emplacements on a destroyer he was targeting.

(LOL! I just read SuperDino85's sheet and realized he's Bowser!)

You attempt to reach your squad comm center, but all you get are 1) some kind of announcement about trash, and quarantine protocols, 2) the loud clanging and banging of terrible things happening in your immediate vicinity, and 3) a pod door to the face (3) your helmet protects you from brain injury, but you are thrown vigorously across the small clearing, and itno the side of another pod. You feel something break. some bone equivalent. You have the status "wounded: fracture." Your helmet is damaged beyond repair, and you are very disoriented and in pain. Also: (3) your brain is filled with the nasty sulfur smell. It makes everything even worse.

(Sorry I'm at a loss for what the reference could be, but I would like to know what it is.)

"Hello I'm Debby and this place looks nothing like what the brochure described and it said nothing about being put into a pod thing and shot out of a spaceship, I have a feeling I was taken advantage of and this isn't the vacation I spent my savings on, also should we be concerned about the smell?"
Search the inside of the pod thing and see if there's anything useful inside and after that see how hard it would be to pull the parachute off this thing.
(2) sadly no, not even a single can of air. Fortunately, you avoid all the commotion outside, which is quite loud. (1) unfortunately, the sulfur smell intensifies, and you double over, vomiting. You have the status: nauseated, until you can be clear of the smell. As for the reference, Egan got it correct: Spaceballs. You'll have to check on the parachute when you can control your nausea.

OOOOHHHHH BOY! Look at all these new faces!

Now, before I get to know you guys, it’s hot and I just got banished, terrible experience by the way, it’s like somebody puts your whole body in a small suit case and punts it super hard. Kinda PTSD inducing, so I’m just gonna chillax for a bit first, alright?

Snap fingers and make a luxury villa. Walk inside and relaxxxxxxxxxx
(4) you snap your fingers, and your pod gets a window with awning and shutter, a little porch with a rocking chair taking up the bulk of it, a small stone garden out back with a little trickle of water making a halfhearted attempt as a fountain, complete with muddy basin, and a cushioned seat inside next to the window. (1) no toilet, so, moments after you settle into the little chair, you lurch back outside to vomit. You have the status: nauseated, until you can be clear of the smell.

(Sorry I'm at a loss for what the reference could be, but I would like to know what it is.)
Can of air makes me think Spaceballs. If I'm right can I have the items? :3
That is the reference, you may have one (1) of the items, since it wasn't your quest.
want me to reprise my character from PnP, too~?

Chatters looks outside instantly feels nauseous and skitters back into the pod "Grrrr sky light make me puke sick! Will stay rest bit longer in pod borrow thing yes yes?"
Chatters shall stay rest in pod thing bit longer very nice good!

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
Staying inside was probably for the best, what with the crash landing and all the stink. But it stinks in here too: (5) but not worse than you are used to.

Group status:
landed. stinky. sunny. A bit of a mess, thanks to the latecomers arrival in style.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2022, 04:21:27 pm »

I'll take a can of air, please. And crack it open quickly.

While the freshness lasts, use the Emergency Kit to set Veron's fracture.
Screw that, I'm not getting involved. Just go away from the smell with the deer person.

Do you mean reprise your P&P character in this game, or in P&&&P? Either way, I don't care. Was considering an anti-arcane field support gadget anyways.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:07:25 am by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2022, 04:24:55 pm »

Go float towards the soft stuff and my sinking pod.  What sort of place did we land in?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:21:44 am by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2022, 04:25:35 pm »

Refrain from talking much due to the terrible smell, snap fingers and clear away the bad smells. Maybe conjure up some air fresheners?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2022, 06:37:07 pm »

I look around, attempting to get all of me out of this pod and to get away from this smell

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

In an alternate universe: ((This'll be the only turn I'll keep things divided like this. I want to give Egan some time to think before I commit. I would enjoy playing either character.))

I check on Rose and make sure she's okay, then attempt to work my way out of this pod. Is the door still pointed down?

Spoiler: Tanya Xelcarostia (click to show/hide)

Going with Kit
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:31:55 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2022, 07:55:42 pm »

Veron balked and loudly cursed as he flew from the hit from the pod door. Seconds after crashing on another pod door, Veron hurriedly takes off his ruined helmet. It would be dangerous if any broken helmet fragments injured his head further. Veron is further heavily disturbed by strange sulfur-like smell permeating his immediate vicinity.

He clutched his head as disorientation began setting in. Veron looked up from his sitting-leaned position on the pod and saw Alice! was approaching him to help him with an emergency kit in hand. He could only give a wordless nod as he sat down in grumbling pain.

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 10:12:55 pm by Lidku »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2022, 09:04:48 pm »

Exit the pod with some degree of caution and take a good look around

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2022, 09:47:53 pm »

PTW!!

((grumbling, now Leng has me wanting to run off and start P&&&P, now with a presumably wiser setup. Of course I'd want to pursue my 'glory days' of... 4 years ago, though surely 2018 was only 2 years ago, right?
Now considering that it would make sense to have a setup which is 1 mech vs 1 mage, with more players being normal soldiers with less complicated abilities. It'd be easier, and make some sense in terms of in-world tactics, a squad with one elite unit leading it. But maybe it wouldn't be so attractive to players if only two get to use the cool toys... mmh.))
((I mean I played a mook in Pandas&Protocols 1 and it was great!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »

Even with being heavily disoriented, Veron still had some semblance of perceptionatory cognition.

"Y-you're.." Veron started at shakily, "..Emperor Bowser!" He yelled out loudly.

Despite his welling disorientation, Veron unholstered and aimed his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol at Bowser. "Your capture would mean the end of the war!" Veron yelled. "Emperor Bowser, surrender now!" Veron continued to yell, but this time with an iron determination.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2022, 12:26:30 am »

"Please don't fight."
That's all the canned air Alice! feels like blowing on stating something which seems like it should be blindingly obvious.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2022, 12:59:06 am »

Even with being heavily disoriented, Veron still had some semblance of perceptionatory cognition.

"Y-you're.." Veron started at shakily, "..Emperor Bowser!" He yelled out loudly.

Despite his welling disorientation, Veron unholstered and aimed his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol at Bowser. "Your capture would mean the end of the war!" Veron yelled. "Emperor Bowser, surrender now!" Veron continued to yell, but this time with an iron determination.

Bowser stares at the injured toad for a moment before speaking.
”You don’t look to good, pal. You sure you should be trying that by yourself in your current condition? What’s with the getup anyway?”
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:04:04 am by SuperDino85 »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2022, 01:00:32 am »

Chatters sniffs around then shrugs "Well not leave going anytime soon! Commense observe look around pod hovel thing I shall shall!"

Observe look around pod hovel thing.

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:03:36 am by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2022, 03:56:33 am »

Egan got it correct: Spaceballs.
(Dang I had a feeling that the answer would make me feel dumb, especially since it wasn't that long ago that I watched that movie.)

"Oh shit the air is awful I gotta get away from it, I hate this planet!"
Try to find somewhere near the pods that has breathable air, also look around and try to see what's near us besides the pods we landed in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2022, 04:48:14 am »

Quote from: SuperDino85
Bowser stares at the injured toad for a moment before speaking.
”You don’t look to good, pal. You sure you should be trying that by yourself in your current condition? What’s with the getup anyway?”

Veron huffed through the pain of his fracture, his hand still gripped tightly on his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol.

"I am Veron Maldrac, Starman 1st Class of the Mushroom Kingdom Starfleet Navy!" Veron reveals to Bowser, "Your Empire is in a state of aggressional war against the Mushroom Kingdom!" Veron yelled resolutely. "I ask that you surrender Emperor Bowser!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18