Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 20394 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2022, 06:17:09 am »

Ooooooo, Drama!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2022, 09:59:00 am »

Veron huffed through the pain of his fracture, his hand still gripped tightly on his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol.

"I am Veron Maldrac, Starman 1st Class of the Mushroom Kingdom Starfleet Navy!" Veron reveals to Bowser, "Your Empire is in a state of aggressional war against the Mushroom Kingdom!" Veron yelled resolutely. "I ask that you surrender Emperor Bowser!"

Spoiler: Veron Maldrac (click to show/hide)

Bowser chuckles
”Your courage is priceless. I can only imagine the pain you’re in trying to hold that thing up right now. But usually Mario is the one to throw me to next week and save the princess. Where’s he at?”

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2022, 11:01:02 am »

Bowser chuckles
”Your courage is priceless. I can only imagine the pain you’re in trying to hold that thing up right now. But usually Mario is the one to throw me to next week and save the princess. Where’s he at?”

"Grand Admiral Mario is still in command, managing the Starfleet Naval war effort against your Empire." Veron replied plainly. Coughing up a little in pain, Veron narrowly shakes it off, steeling himself further. "Now it's my turn to interrogate you, Emperor Bowser." He said with a surprisingly neutral tone.

"How did you possibly get here? Was your flagship in the battle a few star systems away from this planet? Was it shot down?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2022, 07:32:31 pm »

split-universe situation resolved, am going with Kit, and action post is edited.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2022, 02:42:45 am »

"There are more important things to worry about then pointing guns at people you don't like."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2022, 03:14:48 am »

"This tyrant has killed trillions in his quest for expansion!" Veron yelled. "If he is stopped here, then the war ends!"

A sudden wrack of pain clubbed at the head of Veron. All the strenuous tone speaking had finally gotten to him. He was in no real means to do anything major at the moment, no matter how much he wanted to deny so. Slowly, but with great regret as Veron did so, lowered his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol back into its pistol sheath.

He angled his pained head toward Debby. "You're right.. but only for now." Veron relayed to them. He turned, straining his head back to give Bowser a wary look. "But once I get better, you're coming under my custody."

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2022, 01:01:16 pm »

"This tyrant has killed trillions in his quest for expansion!" Veron yelled. "If he is stopped here, then the war ends!"

A sudden wrack of pain clubbed at the head of Veron. All the strenuous tone speaking had finally gotten to him. He was in no real means to do anything major at the moment, no matter how much he wanted to deny so. Slowly, but with great regret as Veron did so, lowered his Fire Flower Thermal Pistol back into its pistol sheath.

He angled his pained head toward Debby. "You're right.. but only for now." Veron relayed to them. He turned, straining his head back to give Bowser a wary look. "But once I get better, you're coming under my custody."

Bowser smiled at the toad.
”Oh don’t worry, I’ll give you a fair chance at trying to capture me just for the occasion. Bwahahaha!”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2022, 01:21:02 pm »

"None of you two's petty border conflict will matter to us if we die here. Now shut up and work together."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2022, 01:55:01 pm »

Hating someone for killing trillions is petty to you? Wow, cold…

Eh, I don’t care. Wanna play tag?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2022, 04:10:41 pm »

”So I committed genocides. So what? I got people to protect you know!”

Bowser angrily stomps away a few yards.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2022, 04:15:15 pm »

((I'm looking forward to no longer being trapped in my pod so that I can interact))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2022, 04:24:01 pm »

((If you end up stuck after the next turn I'll help out.  Can help flip you over or something.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2022, 05:38:44 pm »

((If you end up stuck after the next turn I'll help out.  Can help flip you over or something.))
((Thanks!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2022, 11:20:10 pm »

I'll take a can of air, please. And crack it open quickly.

While the freshness lasts, use the Emergency Kit to set Veron's fracture.
Screw that, I'm not getting involved. Just go away from the smell with the deer person.

Do you mean reprise your P&P character in this game, or in P&&&P? Either way, I don't care. Was considering an anti-arcane field support gadget anyways.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
The can of air clears your lungs, long enough for you to stumble a couple dozen yards away from the landing zone. (1) You step onto what looks like solid, dry, cracked ground and turns out to be the cracked surface layer of a three foot deep bog. Good news is, you know know what is causing the smell. Bad news is, you are wearing a lot of it, right up to your waist.

((no, I didn't really mean either of those. It was a mild attempt at horror humor, since it went so~~~ well~~ that time. just ignore it))

Go float towards the soft stuff and my sinking pod.  What sort of place did we land in?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You landed in a relatively open place, and - as your fellow dumpee has discovered - right next to a bit of a muddy bog. Which is where you are going. (6) your pod stops sinking with the door completely above the mudline and everything, but it has stirred up a fresh wave of stink. Apparently, there is some sort of ecto-resonance too, because it is starting to make you uncomfortable a bit as well.

Refrain from talking much due to the terrible smell, snap fingers and clear away the bad smells. Maybe conjure up some air fresheners?
(2) you snap your fingers and remove a pocket of air from inside the pod. More air comes rushing in immediately. As does the (now somewhat more intense) boggy smell. (2) you conjure a bunch of air fresheners, but they really only add to the odors. The smell now is a mix of boggy rotten egg smell, pine scented car fresheners, whatever Febreeze smells like, and, like, all the Pine Sol (which is pretty strong cleaning stuff). So, whatever this is, you are sure it wasn't progress.

I look around, attempting to get all of me out of this pod and to get away from this smell

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

In an alternate universe: ((This'll be the only turn I'll keep things divided like this. I want to give Egan some time to think before I commit. I would enjoy playing either character.))

I check on Rose and make sure she's okay, then attempt to work my way out of this pod. Is the door still pointed down?

Spoiler: Tanya Xelcarostia (click to show/hide)

Going with Kit
I'm still chuckling at the image of eight kittens rattling around like beans in an awkward, oversized maraca. Well, anyway, (5) the door blew enoug ajar that the kittens can crawl out pretty easily. Now, as for getting away from the smell: (5) you scamper upwind of the bog  a ways. the smell diminishes, rises again because of the characters interacting with the bog, and then slowly fades a bit. It's still fairly strong, as you are not far from the bog, but it's manageable, for now. You find yourself in tall grasses, with insects and the sounds of other animals around. there are evidences of trahs already, as litter is all over the place, and some of the larger "rocks" you've climbed were tires. Ears: (2) no luck this turn.

LIDKU
I don't see a bolded action, so you remain where you are, talking and injured. (3) and distracted by the stink.

Exit the pod with some degree of caution and take a good look around
(6) you exit the pod in the most ominous way: reaching out and grasping one side with an oversized, clawed fist, then grabbing the other in a similar fashion, before slowly ducking your head to look out the door while shifting your body to step through the rather constrictive doorway. You then stand up, towering over the other characters, including the toad. Your eyes slide over him briefly, then away, as if the threat he represents were utterly unimportant. You are in a rocky clearing.

A stinky mud bog is to the south, where two of the characters are at the moment.

To the east, the bog edge gives way to hills of trash - the very dumping grounds that give this planet their name seem to stretch on to the horizon. And you are sure this is only one patch among many.

Toward the setting sun, greenery. It appears to be swampland, perhaps the source of the bog, but with flowing water and life. there are trees in that direction.

To the north is a patch of arid wilderness, hemmed in by a series of cliffs that rise up a few miles away from your current location. What lies above and behind the cliffs is unknown. (5) you notice signs of civilization - and not just trash. Some sort of settlements exist toward the base of the cliffs, surprisingly, they seem concentrated more toward the trash heaps than toward the swamps.

Chatters sniffs around then shrugs "Well not leave going anytime soon! Commense observe look around pod hovel thing I shall shall!"

Observe look around pod hovel thing.

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
(6) you find a ration pack, an emergency kit, and a grooming kit. You find a button with three symbols: a flattened teardrop with a parachute at top, an arrow pointing from that to the third symbol, and a symbol depicting a small living pod. You push this, and the ceiling raises a foot, the walls sort of slide outward into more a cylinder shape, and the roof extends to create some overhangs - good for shedding rainfall. Unfortunately, the transformation unbalances the pod (you did roll a six) and the structure ends up tilting on it's side and rolling slowly.

Egan got it correct: Spaceballs.
(Dang I had a feeling that the answer would make me feel dumb, especially since it wasn't that long ago that I watched that movie.)

"Oh shit the air is awful I gotta get away from it, I hate this planet!"
Try to find somewhere near the pods that has breathable air, also look around and try to see what's near us besides the pods we landed in.
You and Alice! wander toward the dry basin to the south, only for Alice! to step waist deep in bog. You stop and consider going the exact opposite direction, covering your nose to block the smell, and your mouth to block your laughter. as for what else you see - check Dino's section for a summary of the area. Also, (4) you don't gag or vomit or anything.

split-universe situation resolved, am going with Kit, and action post is edited.
Noted. Meow meow.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2022, 12:15:40 am »

Go land at the edge of the wet stuff, and do a quick check of the pod insides (and the hidden below-sludge area) for loot.  Are there any interesting items hiding below the surface?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18