Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dissapearing fortresses bug!  (Read 1848 times)

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dissapearing fortresses bug!
« on: July 29, 2022, 09:52:42 pm »

I first spawned in a mountain hall, with a party off two. I inquired for troube blabla. When i take the central staircase, it takes me to a tunnel network, and end of the staircase. I then walked all the tunnel until its end, where a hatch waited... Another underground mini 2z level dwarven outpost, without possibility to go to the surface. I do the same thing in another direction, until I reach the end of the second road, where I a met with the same results. I saved the game, and when i reloaded and walked back to the start point(the very first mountain hall) the hatch had dissapeared. Then I came back to the dead end where i came from and that hatch also dissapeared.
I revealed the map using dfhack, and behold, the outpost is still there, its just not connected to anything anymore? Now everutime i reload that save the same thing happens. Any idea why this and the no surface exist thing happened?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dissapearing fortresses bug!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 10:05:26 pm »

Mountain halls do not connect to the surface by design, because they are under impassable mountains. As for the disappearing hatch, it's a known bug.

All 3 stairs you found are part of the same mountain hall, and I don't know if that is intentional.

So, yeah, starting in a mountain hall is a bad idea unless you know its tunnels connect to a dwarven fortress, as you probably won't hav access to the surface.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dissapearing fortresses bug!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 10:52:01 pm »

Mountain halls do not connect to the surface by design, because they are under impassable mountains. As for the disappearing hatch, it's a known bug.

All 3 stairs you found are part of the same mountain hall, and I don't know if that is intentional.

So, yeah, starting in a mountain hall is a bad idea unless you know its tunnels connect to a dwarven fortress, as you probably won't hav access to the surface.
Thanks for the explanation!
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death