Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sorry, my first game: question on item.  (Read 930 times)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
sorry, my first game: question on item.
« on: July 23, 2022, 05:16:01 am »

i have lost ( dead ) one dwarf and i have to take the item.. and i have found near my fortess several item ( i don't have any idea no who the owner was ) and want to take the item....but I don't know how to do it.

sorry for my english

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: sorry, my first game: question on item.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 06:06:18 am »

If you tell your dwarves to 'dump' an item, they will take it to the nearest dump zone (use 'i' to designate an area). This is the easiest way to directly control where an item goes. I am guessing this is the method you would try.

Dwarves will not collect trash or refuse from the surface by default. You must use the orders screen (press 'o', then 'r' for refuse) and tell them to collect refuse from outside. Anything designated to dump will be considered refuse.

Otherwise, you can just make sure you have a stockpile that accepts that type of item, and that the dwarves can walk to the item. They will get to it eventually.

Make sure the item is not forbidden. If you look at an item and the name looks like this: {item}, then it is forbidden and dwarves will never touch it. Press 'f' to forbid or unforbid. You can also forbid/unforbid many items at once with 'd', 'b', 'c' (claim) or 'f' (forbid)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sorry, my first game: question on item.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 05:19:06 pm »

in your settings menu, 'o' --> 'F' --> 't' will prevent items from being forbidden when enemy invaders die