Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 06 - The end  (Read 32552 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 06 - Götterdämmerung
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2022, 05:00:05 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty nice. There was kind of a meme bless of 4 points in blood (for blood surge) and 3 points in everything else that was popular early on.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2022, 02:15:16 am »

Oops wrong prophet commander recruited on turn 1, must delay prophet to turn 3 now. Forgot to double check which offspring of Heaven was the better priest.

I noticed most or all of you made your initial commanders into the prophet, now I'm wondering if I should have done that in light of the above.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2022, 02:58:27 am »

Who else is gonna bless my stuff?
Nice to know the 3-is-4 thing, I had no idea.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2022, 03:17:36 am »

Does a normal commander go up to 3 Holy for Divine Blessing? I thought it only went to 2 but I'm not even sure of that because I try to make a priest with 2 holy the prophet for Divine Blessing (or fanaticism if I can make a base Holy 3 chassis the prophet)

EDIT: Doh I was doing it wrong the whole time

https://illwiki.com/dom5/prophet
The Prophet is the most loyal herald of the coming god. Every nation can appoint a Commander to be the one and only prophet of their nation's Pretender God. Upon becoming a prophet, the commander's Priest level is either set to holy 33 or increased by +holy 11, whichever results in a higher level, and their Morale is set to 30 if they're not Mindless. A prophet spreads Dominion just like a temple.

--
I think that because Bogarus has a 3 Holy priest commander I got in the habit of making that the prophet for 4 Holy and never realized prophet sets it to 3 rather than 2. Well, turn resubmitted I guess
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:25:38 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2022, 06:01:11 am »

Gentlepersons, we seem to have forgotten to engage in the initial banter. Commence!

Priests lvl 2? 3!? What are those? We in Kailasa believe our looks are enough of a sermon. All our yakshas have beer bellies, and all our yakshinis have 3 folds across their midsection. That's right, not 2, not 4, but 3! That is so hot, the temperature in our dominion raises itself. And don't even get me started on the shape of their yonis.

But you know what busts our shapely balls/ovaries? Fish and forest creatures. They are for eating, don't they know that? And yet, here they come, playing mind tricks and causing panic. They should be put back in their places (which is on our tables) by, I don't know, an entente cordiale of all civilised folks. Just sayin'.

btw: somebody wants to be an emergency admin? I'll keep everything managed here, so no actual duties involved, other than having the password and obliging to step in in case I disappear for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:31:56 am by Il Palazzo »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2022, 07:23:47 am »

Ya'll are smull and/or cursed, maybe if you got rid if your ye-haw heat dominion you'd get some pretenders on your throne.

Open for NAP's and diplomacy, just lazy about it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:51 am »

Oops wrong prophet commander recruited on turn 1, must delay prophet to turn 3 now. Forgot to double check which offspring of Heaven was the better priest.

I noticed most or all of you made your initial commanders into the prophet, now I'm wondering if I should have done that in light of the above.
Even without any blessings to speak of, the H3 Smite spells are a pretty useful expansion tool, so yeah, I think most nations need a pretty good reason not to make a turn one prophet. Fanaticism is neat, but probably does absolutely nothing for you in the first year.

Anyway, the bands of Mictlan hope to be touring in a city near you soon! Heat or Cold doesn't matter, we'll play in any weather.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2022, 10:13:34 am »

We got cave-forest provinces, thats new.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2022, 10:17:21 am »

Turn 1 unrest event nuking income and derailing expansion? Just another day in paradise. #Blessed #PoorAndProud #Didn'tNeedThatDaiOniAnyway

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2022, 10:53:04 am »

Yomi is playing on hard mode. You have my respect.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2022, 01:35:22 pm »

Well. WRT waiting on prophetizing. For nations with outrageously-priced mages, making one of them your prophet can save you a couple hundred gold per year. Forex, to pull a completely random example out of the ether, a Mind Lord living on the dole will cost the taxpayers 336g/year, but if you show it how to solicit donations directly from your populace over an astral-access channel at 3am every night, it won't cost you a pence.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:57:53 pm by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2022, 03:40:12 pm »

It's worth also mentioning the Hotpoint boost that prophets usually get. But for most nations, that is Next Year's strategy, and not very useful for the early game.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2022, 05:29:34 pm »

Though we've already established that the gassy ones have the most hotpoints of any of us, so there's not much reason to compete.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2022, 05:45:58 pm »

Damn you, autocorrect!
But hilarious all the same.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2022, 07:59:57 pm »

Quick question. What is the turn timer, anyway? It seemed longer than 30h for the first turn. Now it looks like it's shorter (down to 24?). Is the value changing?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30