Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rapid-Fire minimalist ophan game  (Read 3946 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Rapid-Fire minimalist ophan game
« on: June 20, 2022, 08:43:44 pm »

Your parents got sick and died. They left you with 2 younger brothers and 1 younger sister, and 0 money. What do you do?

A) Join an orphanage
B) Work at the machine factory
C) Join a pickpocket gang

Also, choose a name for you and your siblings.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-Fire minimalist ophan game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 08:49:56 pm »

B

Name: Logan

Younger Brother: Kyle

Younger Brother: Caden

Younger Sister: Chloe

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 12:41:21 am »

So do we each get our own group of orphans or is it a everyone plays the same group game?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 12:47:20 am »

So do we each get our own group of orphans or is it a everyone plays the same group game?
Same.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 01:03:01 am »

B

Another question do we control individual members of the group or are we picking stuff for the group to do?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 02:02:55 am »

Another question do we control individual members of the group or are we picking stuff for the group to do?
The multiplechoice is based on the eldest sibling's perspective, and this game's protagonist.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022, 02:23:35 am »

The multiplechoice is based on the eldest sibling's perspective, and this game's protagonist.
Wouldn't that make this a suggestion game, rather than a minimalist game?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 02:37:24 am »

What makes those mutually exclusive?
(Also, the way SG is used here usually includes custom answers, so this is more old school CYOA.)

(So far.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:42:08 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 02:52:00 am »

What makes those mutually exclusive?
(Also, the way SG is used here usually includes custom answers, so this is more old school CYOA.)

(So far.)
Suggestion games are usually one character games with multiple predefined actions or custom actions, and all the minimalist games I've played have been multiplayer games with a vague plot given as a starting point then you can do whatever and be whatever from there.

Also I've always noticed that it depended on who the GM was as to weather ridged ABC answers were being used in the SG, but most are custom answer only SG games.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 04:56:46 am »

((The title is literally a homage to SPAMKINGDOM's original name, Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game. I didn't know that, thanks for teaching me. Let us continue this chat in PM if necessary. As far as my usage of terms, I will probably look at breaking down the etymology of the categories more than the common usage, moreso versus other GMs. Other than which option to choose, there are zero suggestions in a CYOA. I don't know what this game will be though, other than a discussion thread lol.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 05:10:40 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 01:43:59 am »

((The title is literally a homage to SPAMKINGDOM's original name, Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game. I didn't know that, thanks for teaching me. Let us continue this chat in PM if necessary. As far as my usage of terms, I will probably look at breaking down the etymology of the categories more than the common usage, moreso versus other GMs. Other than which option to choose, there are zero suggestions in a CYOA. I don't know what this game will be though, other than a discussion thread lol.))
Didn't know that about the first SPAMKINGDOM don't think I was here for that, no need for PMs I was just getting clarification on a few things no need to delay the game any further.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 05:22:08 am »

You go to work at the city factory, assembling parts for various machines you never see the complete form of. After a grueling first month, you get your first pay, which is quickly spent on on rent. There's nothing left for food.

Caden, the youngest sibling, says he is going to join you at the factory. He's deeply offended when you explain he is too small to work on the assembly line.

Somehow, you need to make more money for food.

A) Steal Food
B) Allow Caden to work at the factory
C) Move out of the house onto the street/into an orphanage
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:27:17 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 05:55:34 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 12:37:43 am »

A

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 02:21:13 am »

Things go badly at the factory as your hand gets caught...you lose your pointer and middle finger on your right hand. It may be time to consider leaving the factory.

Before you can think about that, your family needs food. You spot an apple vendor leaving to relieve himself, and hurriedly gather apples into a side satchel. A completely clean heist. Your sister and brothers are beaming when you drop them on the table, and mash away with happy little cheeks.

Chloe takes care of your hand each night. She begs you to leave the factory. Surely the orphanage can't be this bad...you're too young for this. You remind her you are almost 10.

Caden: 7y 2m
Chloe: 8y 8m
Kyle: 8y 8m
Logan: 9y 11m

A) Continue to work at the factory
B) Move into the orphanage
C) Join a pickpocket gang
D) Ask for a promotion at work
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:06:51 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: [1] 2 3