Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nightmares?  (Read 2885 times)

sanpypr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Nightmares?
« on: June 21, 2022, 10:43:49 am »

Hi, first post here afaik, but i was wondering about some specifics of necromancy;

So on the wiki, it mentions Nightmares, which can be summoned by necromancers.
And naturally, as i'm playing a necromancer, i was wondering, can i get the power to summon these in adventure mode? I do know you can get multiple 'strains' of necromancy at once (i have like 3-4 'animate corpse' spells currently), just not sure if you can get nightmares

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmares?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 03:19:58 pm »

you need to find a strain of necromancy that pulls from the sphere of nightmares and death otherwise you might not get the summoning necromancer spells.
which might require digging through legends mode to see which deity is the nightmare and death one and if they made a slab for someone.
and or going around blindly attaining secrets until you find the one that gives you nightmares.
you might end up just getting to summon bogeymen though...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sanpypr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 04:48:26 pm »

sadly it seems that gods with nightmare + death spheres are exceedingly rare so i'll just have to go without lol, thanks for the heads up though

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »

You could increase the probability of nightmares+death by generating a world in which dwarven and human civs both have nightmares as a required sphere.