Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecraft: The Succession World - Day 16  (Read 4029 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Minecraft: The Succession World - Day 16
« on: June 23, 2022, 12:24:14 pm »

Not sure if this has ever been done before, it probably has, but here is my take on it: a Minecraft Succession World.

Each player takes 5 in-game days within one IRL week, and then passes the save along to the next player in line. Nice and simple. Screenshots and write-ups are a must have.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Archive (click to show/hide)

Well, that's it for now. Feel free to sign up to take a turn!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 03:28:30 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: The Succession World
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 12:43:22 pm »

Day 1-5

So I loaded in and spawned in a birch forest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Off to a sub optimal start, but oh well.

Almost immediately find some copper, the stuff is literally everywhere.

I head off in a direction scientifically chosen using the "This way looks good"" method. Almost instantly spot a plains biome over the hill

A shipwreck and a ruined portal await me past the hill.

I stop to murder some sheep and craft a bed to skip the nights, it is on hard mode after all. The shipwreck only had one chest and it contained a few iron nuggets and some paper. No treasure map, which was a bummer. I stop by a cliff and carve me a hole to cook some food and sleep the first night away.

Huzzah! Civilization. The village didn't have anything of note, so I looted the two chests there and moved on.

The ruined Portal had some decent loot, nothing to write home about tho.

I find a truly enourmous cavern entrance and spend the rest of the day mining the surface level ores, before sleeping away night two.

On Day three I stumble across a stony bay area with a village on side and a pillager camp on the other. Must be a sort of Cold War going on here.

I decide to set up camp in the village, leave raiding the Tower to another player. I spend the next couple days smelting my iron and copper, mining a bit in the ravine in the middle of the village, and trapping some cows and sheep.

Soon, dawn of the fifth day comes and I set to work readying everything for the next shmuck to join.

I soon have a full set of iron armor and breeding started on the cows and sheep.

I also use some copper to make me a little monument on a rocky outcropping in the bay.

As the sun sets on my final day, I feel pretty good about the small start up op I have going. Plenty of food and some resources to help the next guy in line.

I wish the next person good luck and fortune. I don't have much, but it's a start. The cow and sheep pen is just outside the village. I also took the liberty in locking as many villagers inside their homes as I could, so making the village safe should be easier.

Here is the save file:

Save

Version is 1.19, latest version as of today.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 02:29:41 am »

This sounds interesting, but I can't participate as my version is to old and I don't think my computer could handle a newer one so I'll just PTW.

Also what do the ship wrecks look like, that picture didn't load for some reason.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:34:33 pm »

You know what, I'll take a turn.

Updates to follow.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 12:17:38 am »

You know what, I'll take a turn.

Updates to follow.

Awesome, adding you to the list

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 07:19:38 pm »

Day 6

Well, here I am

This is certainly an... interesting collection of stuff

And naturally it immediately started raining.

I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was to find a cave and do some mining.

I wonder where this leads?

Somewhere big apparently.

That was a bit of a false start because it stayed along the surface, but while swimming (and almost drowned) I found a gap in the wall and came down this waterfall...

...right onto a creeper.

I survived with 2.5 health.

I don't want to deal with you.

Luckily some bows dropped from skeletons nearby, and it went down in three shots.

It was about now that I realized that I hadn't brought wood or a crafting table.

I boxed off a little bit of the lower layer before heading back up.

...and then found out that finding the way back through the caves before I drowned was going to be a real pain.

Stay tuned for more.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 09:07:14 pm by blueturtle1134 »
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 12:12:23 am »

Day 7

Damn, getting out of this maze is gonna be a challenge.

These bubble columns were a lifesaver both on the way in and on the way out.
Spoiler: Bonus (click to show/hide)

I SEE THE LIGHT

Wood in hand, the next task was to return to that cave. I opted for the much easier method of using doors to refill oxygen underwater this time.

Anyway, after a day of failing at that I gave up and went home.

Luckily I didn't emerge that far from where I went in, and found the village easily enough.

Day 8: Mining except I do it properly

Lemme take a look at that monument thing I see

Fun. I'm guessing I add my own block to the pole once I'm done with my turn.

Since there was some daylight left, I went ahead and crafted buckets, shears, and an iron sword, then built a proper farm.

Incidentally, it functions as an excellently defensible position against zombies, even this yellow guy, who dropped his helmet

I ran into the mine a bit hastily.

I AM A DWARF AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE

I found into another cave

As well as a few more unwelcome guests

Day 9

Eventually I had to turn around because I ran out of torches. Interesting that I have plenty of iron but ran out of coal, it's usually the reverse. Maybe it's the new ore generation?

On the way up I realized that I had committed a slight error with digging the shaft

Ah well, lowering the floor makes it easier to install stairs later. I found some coal on the way up:

And thus I was able to start mining downwards first, this time touching deepslate

That is... quite a far drop

I decided to explore the cave I found earlier before getting water to descend into the lower one. The caves turned out to be winding but fairly easy to navigate.

I was a bit shocked to find lapis here though

y=24, so I guess it isn't that high up, but again, ore distribution must have changed.

Day 10

The crops have begun to grow

After some replanting, it's full of potatos

The totem pole has fully oxidized, and is now a vibrant shade of green. The number of times I've mistaken it for a creeper on the horizon...

I ended up making the mine entrance this thing. Someone else can make it look nice, I guess.

It was getting dark, so I decided to build a house. Unfortunately phantoms started to spawn, and thus I had to build the roof as quickly as possible. I managed it just in time.

Opened a door into the mineshaft too. The door on the mineshaft is currently the only door into the house.

Time to descend into the deep

I walled off a small area around the bottom of the waterfall. This place is HUGE and warrants exploration later.

Finally, I went and put my name on the totem pole.

I did misread the clock and went to noon of day 11... we could correct that, or just leave the turn breaks at noon from now on.

This concludes my turn! Progress made:
  • Found a lot more iron. I think we have almost a full stack now.
  • Created farm
  • Dug a mineshaft all the way down to deepslate
  • Discovered a large cavern in the deepslate layer
  • Trapped two chickens
  • Built a terrible house

Possibilities for next player:
  • Explore the massive cavern at the bottom of the mineshaft.
  • I have a hopper in my inventory and a few chickens in the pen, maybe make an egg farm?

World download is here!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 12:18:47 am by blueturtle1134 »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 12:28:15 am »

Awesome stuff. Yeah caves and ore generation have been tweaked a bit in the latest updates.

Didn't envision my monument turning into a totem, but I ain't complaining.

Alrighty, That's turn 2 done with, the save is open to whoever wants it!

XIX_Vanguard

• Escaped Lunatic
  • 80000 FEET AND FALLING LIKE A ROCK
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: The Succession World - Day 11
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2023, 02:11:11 am »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QcGIAhtIuiMFKKL4tijPULZ8_f08ro-z/view?usp=sharing

Played a turn because this looks cool and should continue.

Built a big monument to my greatness out of all the deepslate I mined. Also got loads of minerals when mining.

organized all the loot into neat little chests.
What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fuelled by over four thousand years of total war.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: The Succession World - Day 11
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 03:26:50 pm »

Amazing, forgot I even started this, will add your name to the player list, and thanks for playing!

XIX_Vanguard

• Escaped Lunatic
  • 80000 FEET AND FALLING LIKE A ROCK
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: The Succession World - Day 16
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 03:45:09 am »

Bump
What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fuelled by over four thousand years of total war.