Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: BECOME THE JUGGERNAUT (AR/SG) - Decision Phase - "Mustard-Colored Dust"  (Read 6340 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: BECOME THE JUGGERNAUT (AR/SG) - Decision Phase - "Mustard-Colored Dust"
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2022, 05:42:30 pm »

Prepare an elevated, concealed firing position using various debris to create cover.

Even if the thing can’t see us above it, I’m thinking if we take it out we might want to wait around for a little bit to see if some sort of QRF shows up to deal with an unknown armed opponent. If it’s transmitting to someone or something then they might get upsetti spaghetti if we break their toy

Prepare elevated, concealed position: (1) MoP

If they do then we are better off shooting the spider then GTFOing before they show up. Waiting around for them to show wouldn’t really help us.

This may be a good time to note that the Lightning Gun will 100% give our position away to anything that has a brain (dunno about the drones) and has eyes (presumably most drones aside from current company) since it arks electricity from our position to the target.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2022, 07:12:25 pm »

Except we also don't know what's out there or what direction they'd come from, and if we're forced to confront them then at least we have an advantageous position to leverage conversation from if not an ambush.

Most things will give away a position if you shoot them, but a little concealment and cover can go a long way if you catch someone relatively flat footed. In a theoretical combat situation that may well never happen, I'd prefer being behind some rubble than caught out on the road. I do not, however, actually expect Powder will just funnel combats into the same three feet of space. I don't expect him to hand out progress either though, so if killing the drone does wind up calling people in I imagine they might be more of a recovery team if you stretch the definition of recovery. Being in a position to control the situation would be pretty beneficial. If there isn't any follow-up, well, there won't be any timer to worry about (that we're aware of, beyond the timer that is the lifespan of one of these druidpeople), so no harm done.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2022, 09:26:14 pm »

If we're worried about observers we *can* also just set up an ambush inside the large building which we already know has catwalks and other vertical components from which we can observe the droid and possibly even set up a deadfall or otherwise rig something to make it look like a completely incidental loss and not as a result of enemy action.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2022, 10:18:43 pm »

Except we also don't know what's out there or what direction they'd come from, and if we're forced to confront them then at least we have an advantageous position to leverage conversation from if not an ambush.

Most things will give away a position if you shoot them, but a little concealment and cover can go a long way if you catch someone relatively flat footed. In a theoretical combat situation that may well never happen, I'd prefer being behind some rubble than caught out on the road. I do not, however, actually expect Powder will just funnel combats into the same three feet of space. I don't expect him to hand out progress either though, so if killing the drone does wind up calling people in I imagine they might be more of a recovery team if you stretch the definition of recovery. Being in a position to control the situation would be pretty beneficial. If there isn't any follow-up, well, there won't be any timer to worry about (that we're aware of, beyond the timer that is the lifespan of one of these druidpeople), so no harm done.

Lets see. PM says I can't be meme and corporate always says to use a compliment sandwitch when critiquing. So lets try that!

Those are some creative assumptions that took an innovative mind to come up with! :D

They just don't make any sense from the in-character or meta perspective.

In character if we think an armed response force would come at us for attacking it before we can make it inna woods that are a throwing distance away from the building, then attacking the spider should be the last thing on our mind since killing it would get us nothing but dead (since we'd be out maneuvered, out gunned, and if they instantly respond with force to a useless drone getting offed then they'll send more guys if we manage to kill those guys until we're dead). If in character we think a recovery force would be sent than we must be err...creative since the spider drone has been critically damaged for months(weeks?) and nobody bothered to do anything about it. Why would they speed to recover something when they can't bother to repair it?

It doesn't make sense from a meta perspective since literally all the framing devices are built around actions taking time and he's probably not going to completely change the game rules after one round. Assuming the timer would go away when all the rules assume some kind of timer is creative.

If hostile response comes we get nothing from staying around here instead of bolting. The risk of accidentally running in the direction of some theoretical fast response squad that responds instantly to the lowest drone getting destroyed is minimal. Theoretically the plot is going to move forward no matter what we do. We can assume that the timer will continue to be a thing so we should spend our time wisely and prepare for the future in some way rather than holing up for no real reason.

Being prepared for theoretical threats and cautious about moving forward are some handy traits to have :D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2022, 01:37:47 am »

I see no need to do any kind of prep work lets just shoot this thing and be done with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2022, 10:53:44 am »

Salvage: (1) m1895
I'm willing to risk getting caught with our pants down to get an extra salvage action in.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2022, 11:21:08 am »

To be clearer, though - actions won't get interrupted by incoming enemies unless they're using more Time Units than you have. (Trying to do a design, for example.) It's just that with the preparation action gives much more control over the state of the battlefield and your positioning beforehand.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2022, 03:29:21 am »

Salvage: (2) m1895, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2022, 11:50:31 am »

Salvage: (3) m1895, King Zultan, Stirk

The Australian government is forcing me to vote send help

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2022, 06:12:12 am »

Prepare elevated, concealed position: (2) MoP, Rockeater
Salvage: (3) m1895, King Zultan, Stirk
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]