Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 6: That's So Metal] <Waitlist Open>  (Read 4873 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

Do not let the criminal get away! Justice shall be had!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Call my subjects to assist me in my way to the hospital.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Quickly find the oldest looking car in the are preferably something pre-1990s, the try the doors, if they're locked bash the drivers window out and attempt to hotwire the car.
Inspire King Zultan to do better using my Leadership ability.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use my architecture knowledge to pick a sturdy-looking building and get on its roof. Then enter the full LARP mode and throw a handful of 'micro nuclear grenades' on the streets screaming "BE CLEANSED BY THE NUCLEAR FIRE, WORLD OF SIN." Then duck for cover.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Motor my way over to the garrison.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile

Check the computer for any interesting files.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 5: Technicalities] <Waitlist Open>
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2022, 03:07:00 pm »

Turn 5: Technicalities

It takes a few more steps, but TamerVirus is able to stumble their way into a tortured run. Jaw lolloping in the wind as they bounce across the cobblestones to the north. The biplane is right there on the shore, they need but reach it to be free of the bat! As the sound of bat-boots start rapidly approaching from behind, they close their eyes, do their best to ignore the pain, and start putting everything they have into making it to that plane! Muscles screaming, every step sending spikes of pain up the face, only 20 more meters, TamerVirus can do this!

Fluffe9911 takes a moment to brood ominously before chasing after TamerVirus, ready to teach them to fear the dark! Crikey though, if the bugger isn't fast! Even with a ruined face, the poet is able to run surprisingly fast despite their state. The Bat is forced to go for a flying tackle if they want to apprehend the criminal before they get in the plane. [8 vs. 6-2(Pain)] Fluffe9911 sails through the air, arms held out in front as their shoulder connects with TamerVirus' hips, sending the two sprawling onto the ground mere steps in front of the plane. TamerVirus tries in vain to drag themselves further forwards, but Fluffe9911 is able to pin them to the ground.

Back by the general store, King Zultan and a1s stomp over to the oldest-looking car they can find and smash open the window with the "arsendescloizite" shovel. An ear-piercing alarm immediately begins ringing out across town as TamerVirus reaches in, grabs the handle on the inside, and opens the door. Bending over the ignition as a1s takes shotgun. Using the shovel to pry the port open, King Zultan begins furiously hotwiring the car as a1s provides support. [a1s: 6+1(Leadership)] [King Zultan: 10+1(Support)] It takes mere moments for the two to connect the leads together, and the engine hums to life. [+Asset: 1992 Ford Taurus]

As their ride approaches Catterick, Knightwing64 asks if they can borrow the driver's phone. After grabbing it from the dashboard, they type in an international number and wait for a response. After 15 seconds a voice picks up over the receiver. "Greetings lord Knightwing, how may we assist you this fine day?" After explaining their desire for some subjects to come and help with the fighting, the servant responds "I am sorry to say my lord, but the Swedish military is controlled by the Försvarsmakten, not the nobility. Most of your assets are in real estate. However, I could arrange to send some of the house staff to your location."

With a crazed look in their eye, Strongpoint scans the hamlet for any sort of structurally stable buildings. [9+1(Architecture)] While "ability to survive a nuclear blast" probably wasn't on the minds of this town's construction crews, a nearby brick cottage seems like it would hold up the best to an explosion. They scramble to the roof with an increasingly unhinged grin, and reach the top with a cry of "BE CLEANSED BY THE NUCLEAR FIRE, WORLD OF SIN." Opening their bottle of guaifenesin "micro nuclear grenades", they grab a handful and toss them into the street whilst diving for cover behind a chimney. Strongpoint plugs their ears and waits... and waits... and waits... but nothing happens. On the screens of millions of rapt watchers across the world, a small ticker appears on the bottom of live feeds: "The Wiki-War Foundation would like to note that the actions of contestants do not reflect the opinions of the Foundation. The Foundation does not recommend or endorse the usage of pill bottles as toys."

Hopping on their new motorcycle, Devastator drives towards the Catterick Garrison. Well, that is to say, Devastator is already in Catterick Garrison, as legally all of Catterick is part of the garrison, making it England's largest military installation. But what Devastator rides to is the actual military installation located within Catterick. It is a fairly short ride by motorcycle, and soon Devastator finds themselves parked in front of the Meggido Lines, home of the 1st Close Support Battalion and the Royal Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.

MaxTheFox idly sifts through the computer files to pass the time. There's a dozen or so video games installed, some family photos. Digging a bit deeper into the computer files, they also find a word document that appears to have a number of usernames and passwords. To what platforms these credentials go to is unclear, but this certainly could prove useful. [Money will arrive in 1-3 turns]

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2022, 04:10:51 pm »

Grab some dirt and put it in his eye
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2022, 06:06:14 pm »

Waitlist please

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2022, 06:11:21 pm »

"Rikollisuus ei koskaan maksa!"
Incapacitate this evil doer with some good old fashioned rough housing then tie him up and take him to the nearest police precedent.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2022, 03:35:38 am »

"I've got a ship the harbor near here, I say we head to it."
Start driving towards the harbor where my ship is, also if I see any other fighters on the way run them over.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2022, 07:07:12 am »

pick an inspiring (metal) song for the ride.
Crosses grow on Anzio
Where no soldiers sleep
And where hell is six feet deep
That death does wait
There’s no debate
So charge and attack
Going to Hell and Back
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2022, 07:55:59 am »

Do so.

Call the military and alert them to the presence of criminals in this general area. They are extremely dangerous and lethal force should be authorized. Use my position of “authority” to convince them to believe me.

After this, try to contact aliens and tell the driver to hurry up please, this hurts.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2022, 03:17:12 am »

Start trying the passwords and usernames on various popular platforms.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2022, 03:36:59 am »

Start collecting a posse.  Describe the other combatants as the terrorists.  Use my canister of poison gas as evidence.  Mention the helicopter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6