Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 6: That's So Metal] <Waitlist Open>  (Read 4787 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance <Waitlist Open, Booting Up>
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 03:01:49 pm »

Turn 0: Wikipedia-on-Swale

A light rain drizzles upon the village of Ellerton-on-Swale, population 110. The residents of this sleepy, picturesque English parish stay mostly to themselves, blissfully insulated from the outside world. Until now.

Strolling up from the B6271 road from the south comes a masked individual, muscles bulging in a way only a professional wrestler's can. With a diploma under one arm and justice under the other, they stride towards the town square in a way that only the nobility can Knightwing64 lays down the law!

From the north approaches a doctor, pockets bulging with vials and tinctures. But these containers don't carry medicine, but horrible weapons of war! They scan the land around them, lip curling up slightly at the nonoptimal use of zoning and agriculture in the area, and also go forth into the town. Devastator swears to do harm!

From the skies sputters forth an antique biplane, piloted by a patron of the arts and sciences. Poetry, forestry, game theory, this renaissance man is familiar with it all. Touching down on the shore of Bolton-on-Swale Lake, they fill their lungs with the warm summer air and start moving east. TamerVirus knows it all!

Also from the north comes a person in the blue-and-white of the Edinburgh Accies, hauling a massive bell in their outstretched arms. With cleats crunching on the gravel path underneath, their mind briefly goes through the methods of fundraising they learned from their many years in broadcasting. MaxTheFox rakes in the dough!

Furiously paddling up the River Swale comes a New Zealander with a chuck of rock strapped to the bow of their canoe. Despite having hiked and paddled all the way from the Middlesbrough where a warship suddenly appeared in the dock, their immaculately pressed antique Japanese naval uniform has nary a splash of water on it. Unstrapping the mineral from their vessel, they quickly tie the canoe to the dock and enter Ellerton-on-Swale. King Zultan gets pumped up!

A crack of lighting suddenly strikes an obelisk in the churchyard, with the smoke clearing to reveal a caped crusader. Without a word, they whip out a grappling hook from their utility belt towards the church's steeple and survey the surrounding landscape before identifying their target. Fluffe9911 is vengeance! Fluffe9911 is the night!

A local grocer proudly gazes over their wares, proudly nodding to himself as he appreciates the finest produce in Britain. But what's this! The mangoes, are they... rotting? He watches incredulously as before his very eyes, the mangoes grow mold, then turn black, then putrefy in a matter of seconds. Just outside, a doctor nonchalantly strolls by. a1s lays waste to the grocery stores of the world!

Astronomers look dumbstruck to their telescopes as 1322 Coppernicus suddenly disappears from their sensors. Where could it have gone? Certainly, there's no way they could have know that it had suddenly appeared on the outskirts of an English town, where an attack helicopter is just now touching down. A spandex-clad individual jumps out the door with a frontflip before sprinting towards town with over-exaggerated arm motions. TricMagic borrows the power of your lights!

The confused villagers peek out of their windows as the eight figures approach. The sound of a warhorn rumbles from over the countryside, seemingly from nowhere. The games begin now.

Spoiler: Item Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

HEY FRIENDS!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I compose the most magnificent poem to capture the memory of this quaint little village
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile

I search for any place, like a radio tower, to start a broadcast from, and if one is found then I attempt to use my broadcasting skills to start a fundraising campaign for a local rugby team.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey, Warrior!  Got room for a doctor?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head into the town and search for some kind of farming or antique store and buy a shovel or something similar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run westwards, towards a larger town.  Not much to find in this village.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

Ominously squat ontop of a building looking for bad guys to beat up.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Acquire minions through incredibly good painting.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Turn 1: A Thing of Beauty

In the brief moments before the impending violence begins, TamerVirus composes a short poem so they might remember the charm of this quaint village [10+2(Poetry)]. It is beautiful. Too beautiful. Not a second passes after TamerVirus speaks the final stanza before a passer-by bursts into tears from its sheer weight. It isn't long before multiple other people stumble out of nearby buildings, faces awash with emotion. Across the world, in a hidden broadcast studio, a single tear rolls down a producer's cheek.

Jumping up, MaxTheFox scans their immediate vicinity for any hint of radio equipment [9]. A radio tower perhaps? No, there doesn't even appear to be a structure above a single story in this place. A radio station perhaps? No such luck, this place is far too small for something like that. Dashing away from the town square they finally see something: a home podcasting setup currently occupied by an oblivious civilian. Paydirt!

King Zultan also makes a beeline into town, barging through the doors of the town's general store. The owner barely manages to let out a grumble of dissatisfaction over the water trailing in behind the Wiki-Warrior before Zultan stalks into a side room and emerges with a steel shovel before slamming 12 quid on the counter before the startled shopkeeper. [-£12, +Asset: Shovel]

"Hey, Warrior!  Got room for a doctor?", shouts Devastator. Garnering no reply from any of the assembled wiki-warriors, they take on the ancient philosophy of "fuck this shit, I'm out" and sprint west towards the nearby township of Catterick. The path is interrupted somewhat by the presence of Bolton-on-Swale Lake, but they are able to make it through the muddy terrain with ease.

Fluffe9911 postures menacingly through the half-light before turning away, cape dramatically covering up their body. Under another crackle of lightning, they scamper up a ladder on the side of a nearby general store and squat upon the thatched roof. What neer-do-wells does this shadowy silhouette see? [3] Not much, as it turns out. The Finn is able to make out the fleeing figures of the assembled Wiki-Warriors scattering in all directions, but outside of that nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

HEY FRIENDS!” This exclamation is unmet, however, as none of the competitors here seem incredibly keen on killing each other just yet. In the confusion, Knightwing64 sees an opportunity to turn the local townsfolk into their willing minions. Yes, all they have to do is produce a painting so beautiful that the locals will be forced to accept him as their king! Yes, yes, perfect! There's just one problem, that being that they have no painting supplies on them. So, instead, they take a stick and produce an impromptu sketch in mud over the cobblestones [5+2(Painting)]. The painting is pretty decent, they do say so themselves, but why is nobody paying attention? Why are they staring at TamerVirus and crying?

Both a1s and TricMagic haven't moved a muscle, frozen in place as the rain falls off their clothes and into muddy puddles on the ground.

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn I almost forgot, buy some heavy duty tape so I could tape my piece of Arsendescloizite to the shovel to increase its power!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

"Hey, Warrior!  Got room for a doctor?"
"I am a doctor!"

Write to a local newspaper to complain about mangoes.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to the town hall and use my authority to get some minions. Also,

Flex with authority

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

”You trying to steal my thunder?!?”

Chase after Knightwing64 and violently apply the checkerboard to their head
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You wanna go bro? Well too bad.

Attacking unprovoked with intent to harm against knightwing64 is illegal. This expires in a turn.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 12:42:14 pm by Knightwing64 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6