Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 6: That's So Metal] <Waitlist Open>  (Read 4783 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 2: First Blood] <Waitlist Open>
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:31 pm »

Combine Hip Hop and Land Management to break out about how this place is indeed badly utilized and how the fat boy here really does need my help.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 3: Serious Business] <Waitlist Open>
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2022, 10:35:50 am »

Turn 3: Serious Business

Knightwing64 seethes with a burning hatred for TamerVirus deep in their belly. “You really just attacked me? ME? Ohh, boy, you are going to regret that. Have fun dying a slow and painful death, you little shit.” As the last flecks of vitriol fly out of their mouth with their spit, Knightwing64 then immediately turns on a dime and starts hobbling away to find a clinic of some sort. They intuit that while there probably won't be sufficient medical treatment for their woes here in Ellerton-on-Swale, there almost certainly one in nearby Catterick. So a-limping to Catterick they go, the trail of blood behind them quickly washing away in the rain.

"The law might have saved you this time, but I'll be back! I'll be back!" TamerVirus shakes their fist in righteous indignation against the law as they retreat from the metaphorical light of justice. The heels of their shoes clicking on the cobblestones, they scan their surroundings for some sort of local publisher. [1] But despite fervent searching through the five streets of this town, no such place is to be found. If there is a newspaper or poetry journal to be located, it probably isn't in Ellerton-on-Swale.

Slamming the door to the general store open, King Zultan immediately ducks into the next-door alley and starts dumpster diving. [9] As it turns out, this general store's garbage is a veritable cornucopia of useful items, enough to make any seasoned hobo blush! The kiwi fishes several wooden boards, a length of rope, some assorted scrap metal, and a large quantity of cardboard from the newfound treasure trove and gets to work cobbling it into a set of protective gear. [6] While literal garbage might not, in fact, make for the best protective materials, King Zultan manages to make do. Wooden boards connected by bits of rope form a vest and leggings of sorts, with discarded soup cans covering the joints and cardboard padding serving to make it (slightly) less uncomfortable. [+Asset: Garbage Armor]

MaxTheFox flies into a frenzy of typing and recording, editing and production. [3+2(Broadcasting)] Almost immediately, however, a few issues with this amateur setup make themselves apparent. Long used to high-budget productions, the sudden downgrade to consumer-grade software and equipment slows down and confounds the broadcast. The resultant campaign is, ultimately, only slightly above average. While it will bring in a decent amount of cash due to their mystical fundraising powers, it won't be anything mind-boggling. [Money will arrive in 3-5 turns]

As TamerVirus runs through the streets of Ellerton-on-Swale, Fluffe9911 lurks from up above on the rooftops. Stalking, lurking, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. The moment comes when their prey passes through another alleyway as the bat drops from above, aiming land on the criminal to knock them to the ground! [4 vs 3] At the last second, though, Fluffe9911 slips on the gutter and crashes to the ground! Fortunately enough for the Finn, TamerVirus is also astonishingly unaware and fails to dodge out of the way and breaks the fall. The two wiki-warriors flail ineffectually at each other on the ground, unable to inflict any significant damage upon one another.

Unflapped by the massive biker towering over him, Devastator immediately lays down a funky hip-hop beat/lecture on the proprietor's poor management of their property. [9+2(Hip Hop)+2(Land Management)] One phat rhyme to make them listen, another to bring down their guard. One sick lyric to open them up to suggestions, another to authoritatively predominate sustainable scenarios and dynamically underwhelm client-based paradigms. It isn't long before the biker's will is ground to dust under the weight of Devastator's unrelenting rhythms, practically begging them to improve their business.

Once again, a1s stands perfectly still in the town square, slowly getting drenched in the rain.

A low fog quickly descends upon Bolton-on-Swale lake and just as quickly dissipates, revealing a figure on an unusually-shaped sailing vessel. They bear the heavily-padded uniform of a hockey player with two weapons strapped to their back; a wooden hockey stick and a foam sword that seems to bear a strangely sharp edge. In but a few moments, they ride the winds to the lake shore and saunter towards the sounds of combat within town. Strongpoint diagnoses you with a severe lack of imagination!

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2022, 01:40:00 pm »

Bottle of Guaifenesin, Bottle of Ibuprofen,

Liquid or tablets?

I try to find a place to buy a marker and write new labels on my bottles "micro nuclear grenades' and "Micro nuclear landmines" if tablets or "Nuclear grenade" on each if liquid. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:00:03 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2022, 03:16:17 am »

Keep an eye our for hostile people while I look around for an unattended car I could steal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2022, 03:38:06 am »

Keep an eye our for hostile people while I look around for an unattended car I could steal.
Will you drive if I help you look?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2022, 03:52:53 am »

Will you drive if I help you look?
Sure, team work shall make the dream work!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2022, 03:58:53 am »

Look for a vehicle King Zultan and I can steal.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2022, 04:01:21 am »

"There's some crazy terrorist bastards in a village just east!  I need to get wheels over to the military base to kick some ass.  They have a goddamn helicopter!  I'll make sure they know you helped out.

Go get a bike from the guy and burn rubber west, over to the army garrison.  If the biker wants to come, the more the merrier!

(I can know about the helicopter, right?)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:04:50 am by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2022, 06:17:41 am »

Hitch a ride to catterick

HEAL

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2022, 08:06:12 am »

Clobber the man dressed as a bat with my golden globe and flee back to my biplane
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2022, 04:26:19 pm »

Use some wacky gadget from my bat suit to tip the scales and deliver justice to the evil doer!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2022, 05:32:18 am »

Examine the room I am in for anything valuable.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Turn 4: Friendship is Criminal

Without missing a beat, Strongpoint immediately runs into town, deftly maneuvering about the still-smoking crater in the square as well as the several dozen burning chunks of meat strewn about. A store is relatively easy to find; not only is there a large sign denoting it's location, but it would also be pretty hard to miss all the trash littering the street out front. Slamming open the door, they flick a single pound at the befuddled shopkeeper before grabbing a sharpie from behind the counter and re-labeling their pill bottles as micro-nuclear weapons. [-£1, +Asset: Sharpie]

King Zultan is momentarily startled by the sound of the general store's door slamming open and shut once again, and breathes out a sigh of relief as the newest combatant passes them by. Emerging forth from the alleyway in their trash-suit, they lock eyes with a1s. A look is all it takes for the two to come to a mutual understanding. The feelings of jolly cooperation, teamwork, and grand theft auto fill the two wiki-warriors as they immediately start scanning the street for vehicles to steal. [King Zultan: 1] [a1s: 2] However, their criminal aspirations are soon dashed as an examination of the nearby cars reveals that they are all locked shut and their windows closed. If they want to go on a joyride, King Zultan and a1s are going to have to go loud.

"There's some crazy terrorist bastards in a village just east!  I need to get wheels over to the military base to kick some ass.  They have a goddamn helicopter!  I'll make sure they know you helped out." pleads Devastator, taking a different method of approach to getting some free wheels will work this time. [9] "Terrorists?" growls the biker. "So that's what those sounds were! Why didn't you say so?" Immediately, they lead devastator to the showroom and presses a set of keys into the paramedic's hand. "You go on ahead to the army, I'll round up my boys. We'll make those fuckers regret ever coming to our neck of the woods!" [+Asset: Yamaha MT-09 Motorcycle]

Unable to see straight, chest heaving with every step, and blood pouring from the nose, Knightwing64 pauses at the side of the road. They need to get to Catterick, and get there fast before they pass out from the pain. So, with no other options available, they stick their thumb up in the air and pray to the producers that a car will pass by. [9] A few minutes pass before a car thrums down the empty road and skids to a stop. The driver only needs a single look at the bloodied luchador to let Knightwing64 get in their car as they speed towards the nearest clinic.

TamerVirus' hands flail about the ground around them as they gasp for air. Fortunately enough, it seems that the caped crusader currently on top is in a similarly confused situation, so TamerVirus has just enough space to clutch their golden globe from atop the cobblestones and swings it at the assailant's head! [4-1(Winded) vs. 8] But the swing is slow and clumsy, giving Fluffe9911 more than enough time to deliver a counter-attack to the chin. [Counterattack: 9 vs. 2-1(Winded)] TamerVirus' vision goes pure white as they feel their own jawbone fracture, loose teeth clattering onto the pavement as blood bubbles up from their ruined mouth. A wretched yell gutters forth from TamerVirus's throat as they collapse to the ground.

Left punch-drunk from the counterattack, TamerVirus attempts to stumble away towards their biplane but Fluffe9911 is two steps ahead. For if not even you know what it is you're about to do that puts you a step ahead of yourself, and this dark knight is already one step ahead of their foe! Bending forward at a 90 degree angle at the hips, Fluffe9911 presses a button on their cowl right below the temple. With a comedic TWANG!!!, the pointed ears of the suit detach from the hood and fly directly towards TamerVirus's back! ((Yes, this is a real bat-gadget)) [6 vs. 8-2(Pain)] But the criminal's uneven lurches cause them to lurch out of the way at just the last second as the ears fly through the air and impale themselves in a telephone pole.

As MaxTheFox waits for the money to flood their bank account, they perform a quick once-over of the room for valuables of any sort. [6] While the computer setup does seem to be the most expensive thing here, there are a few other objects of note. There are a couple signed books stacked on top of one another perched on an end table, as well as a few Star Trek commemorative plates hung on the wall. [Money will arrive in 2-4 turns]

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Flee! Flee with my biplane to another town! Preferably one with a functional healthcare system!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quickly find the oldest looking car in the are preferably something pre-1990s, the try the doors, if they're locked bash the drivers window out and attempt to hotwire the car.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6