Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 6: That's So Metal] <Waitlist Open>  (Read 4367 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 5: Technicalities] <Waitlist Open>
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:53 am »

heh, I suspected that I am pushing too far

Frustrated that this place wasn't cleansed, go seek the nearest wikiwarrior and attack them dual-wielding my sword and hockey stick.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Revengance [Turn 6: That's So Metal] <Waitlist Open>
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2022, 03:54:55 pm »

Turn 6: That's So Metal

TamerVirus desperately squirms from side to side, but the Bat's vise-like grip only grows tighter. In an act of desperation, they claw a handful of muddy gravel from beneath them and throw all of their strength into breaking an arm free. [6-2(Pain) vs. 4] They push and push, face turning red as more blood foams out of their mouth, but just as it seems like they might be able to break free TamerVirus' battered and weary muscles give way as the warrior collapses to the ground, sapped of strength. Their vision goes blurry as Fluffe9911 begins to inch towards the fallen poet's head.

Fluffe9911 holds fast as the criminal underneath thrashes about, wearing themselves out. Once TamerVirus falls limp, the defender of Ellerton-on-Swale heaves their body up towards the torso, brings their head up to TamerVirus' ear and proclaims "Rikollisuus ei koskaan maksa!" before beginning the final assault. [6 vs. 7-2(Pain)] Despite exhausting themselves, TamerVirus is still able to squirm about enough to foil every would-be knockout blow. Instead the two wildly flail about once more, creating an indent in the ground as globules of mud comically fly forth from the scuffle. Though the foe may not be tied up like Fluffe9911 might have wanted, they are at the very least now thoroughly tuckered out (if only for a moment).

As King Zultan finishes fiddling with the ignition, a1s reaches over to the stereo and tunes the dial towards what they know to be a local metal station. As the engine hums to life, the sounds of electric guitars and synths begin to blast out of the speakers. They turn the volume knob to max, Sabaton's "To Hell and Back" now drowning out the alarm.

Drums and guitars blare from the stereo as King Zultan puts foot to the floor and speeds out of the side street and in the direction of the closest highway (Crosses grow on Anzio). On the way, they keep their eyes peeled for any other combatants that might happen to be in their path (Where no soldiers sleep). [6] Someone like, shall we say, a pair of mud-soaked combatants ineffectually slapping at each other in a prime running-over position (And where hell is six feet deep). This is too good of an opportunity to pass up, and so King Zultan violently swerves the vehicle off the road and directly onto the gravel beach (That death does wait). [Against Fluffe9911: 8 vs. 3] [Against TamerVirus: 5 vs 10-2(Pain)-1(Exhaustion)] TamerVirus' eyes go wide as the car rears up over the slope and curls up into a ball to make themselves as small a target as possible (There’s no debate). Distracted by their foe's apparent submission, Fluffe9911 fails to notice the sound of heavy metal increasing in volume and instead rears up over the fallen orator and just so happens to put themselves in such a position that the grill smashes directly into their back (So charge and attack). The Finn bounces like a basketball as they sail across the beach, leaving TamerVirus miraculously untouched as the car as it sails over them (Going to Hell and Back!).

Do so”, confirms Knightwing64 before they hang up. Then, they punch in another number - that being of the British Armed Forces - and starts trying to convince the military to attack the wiki-warriors in Ellerton-Upon-Swale. [2] They only manage to get a few words in before the operator on the other end hangs up, clearly taking this to be some sort of elaborate prank. Fortunately, however, it is only a few minutes more before the car arrives in front of a medical clinic.

In order to while away the time before the money comes in, MaxTheFox begins plugging in the credentials into a number of social media platforms. While they do get locked out of the vast majority of them due to an excessive number of incorrect guesses, they do manage to unlock a few accounts: a Twitter profile, and a Facebook account. [Money will arrive in 1-2 turns]

Devastator strolls towards the Meggido Lines before they are halted by a gate with an armed guard. Lucky for them, for this individual shall make for the first of a team of professionals that will elevate Devastator to dominance in the Wiki-Wars! [8] Talk of terrorists, and helicopters, and poison gas drives this soldier to action, who asks if he could get just one more bit of proof before he throws in his lot with Devastator.

Strongpoint grunts with disappointment as they hoist themselves down from the rooftop. Well, if you want something cleansed with nuclear fire you gotta do it yourself! They start stalking the streets of Ellerton-On-Swale in search of a fellow combatant, hockey stick in one hand and sword in the other. [7] They don't have to search long, however, as out of the corner of their eye they see MaxTheFox in front of a computer, blissfully unaware of the world around them. [2 vs. 7] The sound of a burly hockey player forcing themselves through the window is more than enough to alert MaxTheFox, who nimbly dodges out of the way of Strongpoint's clumsy swings. Seeing an opening as the hockey player charges across the room, MaxTheFox hurls their rugby ball at Strongpoint's head! [3+2(Rugby)] vs. 2] Though the ball itself doesn't do much damage, the strike does send Strongpoint careening off-course and crashing partway through the wall and lodging themselves therein.

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MaxTheFox (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffe9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a1s (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)

I've added a section to keep track of relevant NPCs. Behold! This'll just be for characters found in the wild, so to speak, since they aren't compelled to fight for you. Any allies you get through articles (when someone gets one) will be kept track of on your sheets.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2022, 11:57:24 pm »

Justice... will have to be delayed a bit! Go ahead and call in that tropical storm to cover my retreat while I use some gadget on my batsuit to hopefully get to a hospital quicker

(Also holy shit my luck)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2022, 03:14:50 am »

"Damn I don't think that guy's dead we gotta turn around."
Turn the car around and try to run the guy over again, if that fails try to run over the other guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2022, 05:11:37 am »

Use my architecture knowledge to find weak spots in the wall and break through to the next room, preferably making something collapse on MaxTheFox while doing so
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2022, 07:04:01 am »

Try to get outta there on my biplane and relocate myself to a local medical facility
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2022, 03:01:01 am »

RUN!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2022, 12:58:36 pm »

"I'm a paramedic, man!"

Break out the doctor talk and trauma assessment.  Did anyone one the base get hurt recently?  If so, go diagnose them.  If not, describe how things go down with some rather normal trauma, say a messy broken bone or an amputated limb.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]