Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What should you do if you teleport to a world on another plane of existence?  (Read 947 times)

Shazial

• Bay Watcher
  • *hic*
    • View Profile

Hide from life forms until you've been able to safely conclude if they are civilized, communicate with talking, writing, or other means, and if they are friendly to outsiders. The best way to die is to approach a humanoid or other creature without any knowledge. Pretend you're in a museum or a zoo: Watch, study, and do not touch anything.
I'm surrounded by lunatics who don't even need a moon.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile

Talk about stuff to everything as you don't know what can and can't talk.

Also, talk slooowly and loudly using simple phrases to make sure they'll understand you regardless of whether they know your language or not.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretend you're in a museum or a zoo: Watch, study, and do not touch anything everything.
Best advice right there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Tricky question. Depends on the nature of that reality. It is a different on than here. Anything could be different.

If I can keep existing as a being and not immidiately turn into a cluster of subatomic particles and (in extreme cases, just) energy, then that means the laws of physics are at least similar to that of here. At the very least a force identical electromagnetic force is present and my biochemistry is still working.

Then wait for a few minutes. If I die, that means something else was amiss. Maybe it is too hot, too cold, too airless or otherwise inhospitable.

If I survive, look around whatever the place is for any signs of life, or at least movement in case the potential beings are not alive in our sense. The reality may be survivable, but not be suitable for life to emerge inside it in the first place.

If there is no life, then, I guess try to go back home? There is nothing there.

If there are, then be careful? I guess?

I can't come up with anything else.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

QUICK

YOU ARE ISEKAI'D INTO THE LAST BOOK YOU READ BY TRUCK KUN
You can take any object you can see around you right now. How do you fare?

In my case I get sent to the scramble for Africa with a cavalry sword and an Isengard banner. Presuming I don't die from Malaria, I'm gonna fuck up King Leopold II before it's too late and accidentally start WWI 30 years early somehow

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I get sent into the first Gotrek and Felix novel with a shitty laptop with low battery. I'm going to have to come up with some stellar bullshit fast...
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I wonder if you can recharge your battery with the winds of chaos

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

My battery would start draining my soul at 1%.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

I don't exactly read a lot of books any more so I don't remember. Maybe if I read a finished webcomic that counts as a graphic novel? Hmm, I think that one wouldn't actually require me to adjust that much.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last book I read was on small engine repair, so I guess I get transported to a random small engine repair shop with my laptop, I guess I'd just find out where I was then find a way to get back home. Not the most interesting trip, at least I'd be less likely to die from it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

And you wouldn't even finish repairing the broken engine? :[

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

Man I should go read some nonfiction real fast.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you wouldn't even finish repairing the broken engine? :[
As tempting as it would be to mess around in a professional shop and try to fix something, I highly doubt the people working there would be very happy with some random dude appearing and starting to mess with their stuff, and since I don't want to get arrested or shot I'd just leave stuff alone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My battery would start draining my soul at 1%.
Sounds great. Does it count as clean energy?
Pages: 1 [2]