Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34902 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2022, 08:57:42 pm »

And if it's your "meta" that you look scummy as town then maybe you're fucking doing it wrong.  Change my mind.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2022, 08:59:44 pm »

It's said that when tric looks like scum he is town and vice versa, or that him not making sense is a towntell for him. But I also haven't really watched him and paid enough attention to really know that distinction.

And if I was -very- paranoid, I'd say that's looking a bit chainsaw-y.  But that's a note for a later day. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2022, 09:07:12 pm »

I mentioned tracking powers before, they show as me targeting whoever died.

Interesting.  I just want to highlight this statement.  I'm not sure how I feel about it alignment-wise, but I feel it's important to remember.

All my actions show up as mafiakill actions, because BYOR.

I've made a wonderful decision.
You never followed up on this; why?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2022, 09:10:13 pm »

As a note to newbies:  Don't be complacent.  Just because you have a vote on one person does -not- stop you from continuing to question the other players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2022, 09:10:37 pm »

Ok, time to gather me thoughts.

Knightwing64 - looks new, but maybe an idiot.  Leaning scum because of lack of engagement.

Okay, first of all 🖕I’m not a idiot.

Secondly, I have been posting at a consistent rate. I’m juggling numerous other games and various RL things so forgive me if I can’t post every 5 minutes like you can.

3: Just a afterword, but how are you going to call me sus for “lack of engagement” but you gloss over the fact NJW has barely posted at all? Suspect.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2022, 09:14:26 pm »

I mentioned tracking powers before, they show as me targeting whoever died.

Interesting.  I just want to highlight this statement.  I'm not sure how I feel about it alignment-wise, but I feel it's important to remember.
Which is to say that if two kills happen during the night, Egan's miller-weird-thing can tell us which was the mafia kill, assuming that Egan isn't scum. Which isn't a fair assumption to make with no backup.

Or, in a more potentially useful case, that if Egan's ability does something verifiable to a player not hit by the scum kill, and we have a tracker on Egan, we can use that to prove the veracity of their auto?

Actually, question.

Egan:

What happens if someone watches the player you actually targeted, when that player is not the one hit by the mafiakill?

Player A uses Watch, which lets them learn who targeted their target, on player B.

The mafia kill player C, and you, Egan, use your ability on player B.

Does your action show up on A's investigative results?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2022, 09:18:55 pm »

Lenglon:  You asked the question, but what are your thoughts on "Shakerag vs Egan"?  Also are you still comfortable with your earlier Max vote? 

Knightwing64:
Okay, first of all 🖕I’m not a idiot.

Secondly, I have been posting at a consistent rate. I’m juggling numerous other games and various RL things so forgive me if I can’t post every 5 minutes like you can.

3: Just a afterword, but how are you going to call me sus for “lack of engagement” but you gloss over the fact NJW has barely posted at all? Suspect.
1:  That has yet to be determined.
2:  Perhaps valid.
3:  I did not gloss over NJW.  I stated they have only posted twice.  But perhaps you are correct.  I should say both you and NJW are lacking in engagement.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2022, 09:27:19 pm »

And, to clarify.  Engagement is not necessarily a measurement of how often you post, but the quality of said posts. 

You're doing a lot of responding and waiting, but not being the initiator of questions/threads of discussion.  That is why I say you lack "engagement". 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2022, 09:43:22 pm »

Egan:

What happens if someone watches the player you actually targeted, when that player is not the one hit by the mafiakill?

Player A uses Watch, which lets them learn who targeted their target, on player B.

The mafia kill player C, and you, Egan, use your ability on player B.

Does your action show up on A's investigative results?

My auto lists Inspection actions, Survey actions, and Track actions. I think that in this case Watching someone who is not me to see who targets them doesn't interact with my auto at all. So I would show up to A, having acted upon B.

...Perhaps I should mention that I don't have any targeted abilities to test that with. Presumably if I get Surveyed while doing nothing I still show up as having done the mafiakill despite having done nothing.

You never followed up on this; why?

I picked a BYOR which could have very reasonably been expected to make my life difficult, hence why I'm omega-miller. if you wanna feel sorry for me being miller, don't.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2022, 12:43:01 am »

And now for something completely different!

Is Knightwing, perhaps, mafia???

Are... Knightwing and Max acting the exact same way? Statements, no questions. Not committing to a position whenever possible. Deflecting attention? Meanwhile Knightwing is backing up Max.

To be clear, I wouldn't use this as evidence for a more experienced player (sorry Knightwing) but it's a little... buddying-like. Like someone who doesn't know how to play scum latching onto their partner.

This could actually be the scumteam.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 12, 2022, 01:23:26 am »

Not paranoid enough. Surely there could be some kind of grand conspiracy in play?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2022, 01:24:51 am »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.
Egan: where did you get this information?

Lenglon:  You asked the question, but what are your thoughts on "Shakerag vs Egan"?  Also are you still comfortable with your earlier Max vote? 
To me your fight was mostly show and little substance. It boiled down to Egan making an extraordinary miller claim, and you doubting the veracity of said claim. It was very useful for me though because it was flashy and I could observe the reactions of those around you to it, and to see who got engaged in it and why. From my perspective, Egan looked slightly towny for the miller claim, but even more so scummy because of the extreme and extraordinary nature of that miller claim, Egan's reactions to being pressed were reasonable however, so overall Egan came out about null. You looked like annoyed town to me, pressing a problem you saw but not building towards a lynch case, and came out looking more towny for it. I felt no need to be involved, and didn't think either of you deserved my vote for it.

As for if I'm still comfortable with my Max vote. Actually I'm not. My case still stands, but having learned that this really is fairly standard behavior from him I think it's not as strong as I thought it was when I made it. Additionally once pressed he did eventually get more involved and engaged. Logically, he's scum for sure, his actions and reactions were straight-up-textbook examples of scum behavior. Emotionally however, I can buy what he's selling, and have him at about null. So I'm leaving my vote on him, but have no intent to press him further, instead seeing what happens when I let off the pressure. I do still think he's the best one to lynch at this particular moment, but am currently open to swapping to policy-lynches or other cases if it seems appropriate.

Everyone: I'd like all anti-inspect claims out here on the table please. Miller claims, inspection block claims, whatever they may be, could anyone that has an anti-inspection mechanic of any kind (role, action, flavor, I do not care.) please speak up now so it won't be a viable claim for scum later. We've gone far enough into D1 for any gambits you wanted to play about how you reveal that stuff to have played out. Get them out here now please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2022, 01:32:03 am »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.
Egan: where did you get this information?
Meph's discord.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2022, 01:49:45 am »

Knightwing, I do agree that the question was a stupid one, but I asked it anyway because you had made a self-contradictory claim. Please explain at length what you think of Tric, their meta, their behavior, and if they are scummy or not.
Knightwing You have ignored this question, then deflected from answering it, and then ignored it once again. Answer the question.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2022, 07:29:37 am »

Knightwing, I do agree that the question was a stupid one, but I asked it anyway because you had made a self-contradictory claim. Please explain at length what you think of Tric, their meta, their behavior, and if they are scummy or not.
Knightwing You have ignored this question, then deflected from answering it, and then ignored it once again. Answer the question.

:-\

I think Tric is town, they act scummy as town and they act like a town when scum. There is literally nothing else to say. I already told you what I thought about Tric and you keep repeating the same damn question over and over again.

What do you think about Egans meta?  Their behavior, and if they are scum or not. I legitimately don’t trust you anymore lmao
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64