Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34876 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2022, 07:57:40 pm »

Lenglon: I mean, you seem to have words wrong there... I'll look through any edited version later, but sleeping now.
Yeah, i accidently swapped NJW and FoU in the conclusion at one spot, here's the fixed version:

NJW: There are four possibilities, not three:
1) Egan town FoU town. - possible, and not under dispute
2) Egan town FoU scum. - you are advocating for this
3) Egan scum FoU scum. - you have acknowledged this, and it's not under dispute.
4) Egan scum FoU town. - You are dismissing this for no reason, and your dismissal of this is the entire thing I'm pressing you on.
I'm not misrepresenting anything. You are dismissing out of hand option 4, and you have stated that your reason for doing so is that it is to aduacious to be true. I consider this reason completely unacceptable.

Unlike you, I am not willing to assume that Egan is town if FoU is killed and flips town, the contrapositive of what you have been asserting. If you dismiss option 4, then such would be a logical necessity. I will not humor attempts to set up treating Egan as full-cleared by mafiakilling FoU.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2022, 08:00:16 pm »

👁👄👁

Frankly, I’m quite irritated right now. I have been nothing but nice and cordial to you but you decide to insult me because I don’t want to answer all 50 of your questions? Look, you post like once every ten mins, I don’t read all of your posts.

Just….

Ugh.
Did you honestly think that ignoring the same ONE (and only one) question I've asked you over the course of the entire game six (now seven) times in a row wasn't going to get you voted?

Okay. *breathes in

I have answered your self explanatory, dumbass question multiple times. I am not a expert mafia player, I don’t know Egan’s “meta” or their tells. Now, knowing that, can you please shut up? I’m actually begging you right now.
Knightwing - when did I ask you anything about Egan? (hint: I didn't) Please actually read this post addressed to you.

Okay, it was Tric then. I already told you what my answer was and why, I’m not dealing with you anymore.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2022, 08:06:50 pm »

I'm going to blatantly rolefish here and ask Egan if there's any way they can prove they had an effect on the Night that wasn't the mafiakill during a Night when the mafiakill occurs? Because that's probably the key to unraveling this mystery.

Possibly, but it would be a disadvantage if I said it so stop rolefishing, scum~
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2022, 08:07:17 pm »

Okay, it was Tric then. I already told you what my answer was and why, I’m not dealing with you anymore.
got it.
switching from pressure vote to policy lynch vote, In my opinion Knightwing should die, not only for his lurking behavior as documented kindly by FoU here but also for his flat refusal to engage with or read the posts of any of the game's participants. Even if he's town, he's not going to have any insights, present any cases, answer any questions, or generally do anything more than waste our space and time. If he doesn't want to play, we should oblige him and remove him from play.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2022, 08:09:32 pm »

Why is nobody engaging me?
I know you were repeating the question, not actually asking this, but, since you asked, what do you think of TricMagic's meta in this game so far?

TricMagic has been heavily silent... I've often put up some rationales that he maybe doing IRL things, but even with that as a factor, he should at least check in. If he is Mafia, then it wouldn't be tactically sound to be this quiet, as suspicions will be casted on you eventually for being so inactive. TricMagic usually is very talkative and a non-lurker.

I can't really tell what TricMagic is doing at all, but it's a SMIDGE (emphasis on smidge) suspect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2022, 08:11:22 pm »

K, so very late to this thread today. And a lot to read. Tomorrow morning.

... or now I'd just move to No Lynch if possible, and recontextualize tomorrow.

Also, to your long ago question Lenglon, it was a pressure vote. But you pressing me on it shut me up. You got really agressive about people not answering your questions.

Ninja. To answer, today I worked out in the morning, then came back and moved
my mind forward a bit in an FEF. Followed by spending most of the day finishing a house in a minecraft server. Been a bit drained lately.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2022, 08:16:41 pm »

Why is nobody engaging me?
I know you were repeating the question, not actually asking this, but, since you asked, what do you think of TricMagic's meta in this game so far?

TricMagic has been heavily silent... I've often put up some rationales that he maybe doing IRL things, but even with that as a factor, he should at least check in. If he is Mafia, then it wouldn't be tactically sound to be this quiet, as suspicions will be casted on you eventually for being so inactive. TricMagic usually is very talkative and a non-lurker.

I can't really tell what TricMagic is doing at all, but it's a SMIDGE (emphasis on smidge) suspect.
This is very true, but I would prefer to lynch the active-lurker Knightwing over the passive-lurker Tricmagic, on the off-chance that Tric has a valid reason. After all, even if Tric doesn't come back, it's not like Knightwing is contributing any more than Tric is, and if Tric does come back we'll have more useful participation the moment they make a single post. Also, frankly, if Tric continues to be unable to post or act, they could end up force-replaced or modkilled, but Knightwing's active lurking does prevent that possible solution to his case.

PPE: well there we go. Tric exists.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2022, 08:21:10 pm »

Has Knightwing done anything particularly bad, other than glossing over your queries to them? How much support would making Knightwing the policy-vote even be?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2022, 08:27:31 pm »

got it.
switching from pressure vote to policy lynch vote, In my opinion Knightwing should die, not only for his lurking behavior as documented kindly by FoU here but also for his flat refusal to engage with or read the posts of any of the game's participants. Even if he's town, he's not going to have any insights, present any cases, answer any questions, or generally do anything more than waste our space and time. If he doesn't want to play, we should oblige him and remove him from play.

Well, that’s just untrue. You are the only person to directly ask me a question, I answered and have stated what I thought on my multiple occasions. It’s Day fucking 1. Forgive me for not having enough information for a stunning discovery.

Kindly fuck off. Okay, scratch the kindly, just fuck off.

Lenglon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2022, 08:30:35 pm »

In the words of yourself,

I think you are a fucking muppet.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2022, 08:31:25 pm »

No Lynch

AB-SO-LUTELY-FUCKING-NOT

D1 no lynch is always always always the worst thing you can do.  I'd vote you twice if I could.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2022, 08:31:35 pm »

Well, I haven't had much actual activity for the past IRL day or two, just answering questions I see. Anyone pick up on that? Just been feeling low energy and it's difficult for me to find the thread in this much activity without anything actually happening yet.

Knightwing (1x vote if that's allowed please?) and Lidku: It appears that you haven't made any votes yet this day, according to Mamobo at least. Is there a reason for this? I believe it's a good idea to use votes as pressure.

I feel like I should argue that Egan scum + FOU town should be discounted somehow, but maybe that's just because I already know my alignment. Omega Miller is a kinda extraordinary claim, I'm not sure if I could have thought of it without at least scumbuddy help it requires at least going through Wuba's OP carefully and checking what kinds of information powers exist and I'm not that committed to this game.

I'd feel a little suspicious of FOU for maybe copying the tracker part of my power. Honestly, if he is scum I don't feel like getting him outta here immediately anyways, let a fellow cursed player have a little fun.

reads: somewhat spooked by Max, Fal, Knight and Lidku. Just feels, you know. Activity is a bit too high for me to really remember everything which has happened so I'm not sure if I can bring up a more intelligent analysis right now. Have my monke feels instead.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2022, 08:33:42 pm »

In the words of yourself,

I think you are a fucking muppet.

Hey now, let's just all cool it here.

This is exactly why I believed that being so aggressive on D1 is not optimal. It just stokes up beginning tension when there is nothing truly to go off of yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2022, 08:34:28 pm »

Also: utilize the calm energies so graciously granted to us by our lord Toady. Even if it's a mask which helps you win, don't do it k

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2022, 08:34:34 pm »

No Lynch

AB-SO-LUTELY-FUCKING-NOT

D1 no lynch is always always always the worst thing you can do.  I'd vote you twice if I could.

*with a possible exception of bastard games, but this not one
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64