Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34833 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2022, 01:19:58 pm »

[[Both Town and Mafia players further their Win Condition by not being Lynched.
Mafia is obvious: They are outnumbered, and win by killing off enough Townies during the Night Phases to equal the Town players.
Town is less obvious: On Day 1, the only person that a Town player is ABSOLUTELY sure is Town is themselves. Therefore, any other player is preferable to getting lynched themselves.
I thought this would help both Town and Scum players as everyone decides on their Day 1 Lynch. Good Luck Everyone!]]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2022, 01:37:31 pm »

We're nearing day's end, time for me to put a reads list out there.
notation: (L) is my logical read, and (E) is my emotional read.

Egan_BW - (L) - Special, (E) - mild scum - Egan is in a bit of a weird spot for my read, and it's all about their claim. I don't particularly want to lynch Egan at this time, though I don't mind an Egan lynch either. Right now I'm inclined to think they're more likely town than not, and want to keep them alive to play things out. I have some expectations about Egan that depending on if and how they are or aren't fulfilled could very dramatically change my opinion of them very quickly, but at the moment, I prefer Egan alive.
FallacyofUrist - (L) - Probable Town, (E) - null - I'm aware that I'm a bit of an odd one out here, but I fully buy that FoU's claim is true at least as much as they've claimed so far. And their actual day-play, which worryingly I'm not seeing a single person talk about, seems to me to be that of a town player. FoU is honestly one of the people I want to see lynched the least of everyone here, second only to Shakerag.
Knightwing64 - (L) - mild scum, (E) mild town - Knightwing is currently coasting on their new-player grace period, and hasn't put themselves out there in a meaningful way. However, they're new, and I don't think it's intentional. I don't mind a Knightwing lynch, but I'm not going to push for it.
Lidku- (L) null, (E) null - Lidku is playing a very defensive game, and is making normal new-player theorycraft mistakes. They are willing to put themselves out there, engage, and express their thoughts, and so I much prefer them over knightwing. I do not want a Lidku Lynch at this time. If we are going to lynch a new player, I prefer a knightwing lynch.
Maximum Spin - (L) probable scum, (E) probable town - Yes, you're reading that correct, I have strong directly contradictory opinions on if Max is scummy or not. Max set off my scumdar really hard in the earlygame, and his reaction to when I pressured him about it was exactly wrong. Max showed me pretty much every sign I could have asked for that he's scum that got caught out. However, his recovery from that position was stellar. His entire attitude and approach to the game shifted, he started expressing himself in far better detail, he became engaged with the other players. In short, his behavior became everything I could have asked for, and his explanation for why he acted how he did early on was solid. This has left me more than a little uncertain on the subject. Max is one of the players I would most love to have someone provide me an alignment inspection of. Which of course couldn't work tonight anyway since he's a commuter.
NJW2000 - (L) probable town, (E) annoyingly town. - NJW annoyed me, yes, and his reasoning is trash, also yes, but the reasons he has done what he's done and said what he's said are clear and consisntent. I disagree with basically all his conclusions, but I don't think he reached them in poor faith. It would be nice for me if he was scum but I don't think he actually is.
Shakerag - (L) Special, (E) certainly town - Yes, again, like Egan there are certain expectations I have of Shakerag, and my future read of him could change very hard and fast, but despite that his presence and playstyle today has felt like the most towny of anyone here. I split my reads up like this for a reason, and I don't consider Shake as overwhelmingly town as I'd like to, and again, he's got that special tag for a reason, but for today at least Shake is who I want lynched the absolute least of anyone here.
TricMagic - (L) null, (E) null - Tric has been gone most of the day, and in terms of effective posting they had a single meaningful spree of posts. Their response when they did post things seemed good, and their comprehension of what happened during the day as a whole was good. But it's effectively the same as if a player has one really good post and a bunch of little mostly-meaningless ones. You just can't make a good read out of that. I don't want to hold their idleness against them, but I have zero issues with a TricMagic lynch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2022, 02:02:04 pm »

...Nah, doesn't really make sense, does it? And I don't know how dangerous double voting is from the mafia's perspective. Could someone TM me whether my power would be likely to get me targetted by mafia as town?
I would expect that it would.

I'm going to be gone for the next few hours. I should be back before the buzzer. In case I'm not, I'm comfortable with a TricMagic lynch today. I'm not sure it's my ideal pick but it's the best I can come up with in the couple of minutes I have right now! Got to go with your gut at some point. See you all later.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2022, 02:12:13 pm »

Kay, rude. But OK.

All I have at the moment is my roleclaim. Put simply, I'm an entire game of BYOR Mafia, Again. At the end of the day I can pick an ability the previous game had, and if it's active it becomes 1-shot. I was planning on using it to grab the vote after death power.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 13, 2022, 02:12:58 pm »

Granted, this literally no longer works as well, since I had hoped to draw the kill. But instead I drew the lynch.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 13, 2022, 02:20:39 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 3 - Shakerag*, Lidku*, Maximum Spin*,
Egan_BW - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist - 1 - NJW2000*,
Lenglon - 1 - Knightwing64*,
Lidku - 1 - TricMagic*,
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Egan_BW*, Lenglon*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (5 hours and 39 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2022, 02:23:08 pm »

For the record, currently onboard a Lidku or Max lynch. Pretty sure at least one of the three voting me is Mafia at this point.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2022, 02:35:08 pm »

Kay, rude. But OK.

All I have at the moment is my roleclaim. Put simply, I'm an entire game of BYOR Mafia, Again. At the end of the day I can pick an ability the previous game had, and if it's active it becomes 1-shot. I was planning on using it to grab the vote after death power.

What do you mean "again"? I just checked the last BYOR game documentation and your role was as Totori Helmond.

Unless you're referring that you took up Maximum Spin's role from last game? Looking at the details of what that role had, none of it discloses an ability to pick up abilities from a previous game...

What are you talking about TricMagic?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2022, 03:06:56 pm »

... Really Lidku? I just explained what my role ability was.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 13, 2022, 03:14:40 pm »

Ugh, Tric is either town or being so obviously scummy that I think he’s town because of my reads on him.

Lidku.. could be scum? I mean. They’re acting pretty much the exact same as they did last game when they were town but it could be a ploy, and something about them just gives me a bad feeling.

I believe Lenglon is a incredibly aggressive town player, however it pains me to admit. Other then myself, I’m most sure of that.

Fallacy: someone mentioned them having a very nervous response to Egan saying “I guess we’re both scum” I feel like both of them being scum wouldn’t do that, but I suspect Fallacy as being scum and Egan just being a trolly town as usual.

I believe max is town? I could be convinced otherwise, but for now it seems probable.

Shakerag is kinda null for me, they act like Lenglon but not? If that makes any sense. I’m getting a town and scum feel on them, which is weird.

Dunno if I missed anyone. Those are my thoughts on players right now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 13, 2022, 03:30:34 pm »

You missed me.

Quite busy rn but I'd just like to note that voting someone other than one of the miller claims means you believe both miller claims or you're more than 50% on that person. Tric elim isn't something I want, I want Egan or FoU.

No real thoughts on his power... seems potentially overpowered, and capable of giving some info, but quite random?
One wheel short of a wagon

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #446 on: July 13, 2022, 03:43:19 pm »

You're saying that your role is "An Entire Game of BYOR Mafia," which was Maximum Spin's chosen role for the previous BYOR game we were in (and like I pointed out before, a role you didn't have in the previous game, but something else you had). His role didn't have the ability you claim it does; the ability to supposedly grab other abilities from a previous game?

Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to explain about your role? Does it have the same abilities as Maximum Spin in the previous game; or is this some new ability you're claiming this previous role has, as something new that webadict had added to it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2022, 04:05:39 pm »

You're saying that your role is "An Entire Game of BYOR Mafia," which was Maximum Spin's chosen role for the previous BYOR game we were in (and like I pointed out before, a role you didn't have in the previous game, but something else you had). His role didn't have the ability you claim it does; the ability to supposedly grab other abilities from a previous game?

Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to explain about your role? Does it have the same abilities as Maximum Spin in the previous game; or is this some new ability you're claiming this previous role has, as something new that webadict had added to it?

Do you really think webadict would just reuse a role? I've already explained it, I can grab an ability from the previous game at the end of each day. And active abilities become 1-shots. Useless if I get lynched before I can even get one though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 13, 2022, 04:16:20 pm »

What's the saying, dead air, dead townie?

Well, not like I want to get lynched. I'd accept it, but not be happy about it. Egan, got any arguments to be left alive as an omega miller and double voter?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2022, 04:24:07 pm »

Okay, no, this is town Tric now. No question for me. "MY ROLE, MY ROLE, MY SPECIAL ROLE"

Also, it's kind of flattering that you took my idea.

Tric elim isn't something I want, I want Egan or FoU.
I'll take you up on that. Egan_BW
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64