Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34905 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2022, 07:36:46 pm »

👁👄👁

You know I’m not that smart.

Egan

Feeling bandwagon-y, but we'll see what D2 brings.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2022, 08:06:30 pm »

Nine little birdies in a small cage. One was sent to feel her rage.

The agents discuss and argue.  Mother Hen stops in for a brief moment to calm them down, but as the fires die down, the group settles on Egan_BW.  Egan_BW steps forward, unpinning his feather, and walks into the separated room.  5 minutes, then 10, then 20.  Mother Hen exits the room, covered in blood, before she shakes her head.

"I'm afraid you've caught the wrong one.  This little chicken is innocent."

As you process what you've done, a crane slams into Maximum Spin, picking him up above the rest of you.  You look around for what could be causing this, but sparks fly from the lights, and they go out.

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 6 - TricMagic*, Maximum Spin*, FallacyofUrist*, Shakerag*, Lenglon*, Knightwing64*,
FallacyofUrist - 1 - NJW2000*,
TricMagic - 1 - Lidku*,
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - Egan_BW*,

Egan_BW has been executed.

Egan_BW was a Really Bad Day Challenge (Town).

Maximum Spin is no longer targetable by Town Players.

It is now Night.  Please send your Actions to me within 24 hours.

Egan_BW
Role:  Really Bad Day Challenge
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
{PT} (Auto) Challenge Mode:  Alignment Inspects show you as Mafia.  Survey Actions show your Action as the Mafiakill.  Track Actions show your target as any Players that died this Phase.
Tags:  Trigger

(Auto) Pool Points:  During Day 1, you may Choose up to three (3) of the following Abilities and add them to your role:
 - (Auto) Pretty:  You have an additional vote.
 - (Auto) Good Memory:  You cannot have your Abilities Removed or Stolen, and you cannot be Bussed, Redirected, or Blocked.
 - (1-Shot, Auto) Tough:  The first time a Mafiakill Action targets you, it fails.
 - {P0} (1-Shot, Night) Driving [target/self]:  You drive the target or yourself out of Town, becoming untargetable for the Night.
 - {P10} (1-Shot, Night) Fabrication [target/self]:  You give the target a toolkit, allowing them to Restore a Shot.

(Auto) Pretty:  You have an additional vote.

(Auto) Good Memory:  You cannot have your Abilities Removed or Stolen, and you cannot be Bussed, Redirected, or Blocked.

(1-Shot, Auto) Tough:  The first time a Mafiakill Action targets you, it fails.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 07:56:39 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Night 1: Really Bad Night
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2022, 11:19:10 pm »

You hear scrambling and fidgeting before the lights switch back on.  Busy bodies.  Luckily, no one appears to be hurt, but you notice that Lenglon appears to be holding a small feathered crown, spinning it in her hands.

“I suppose I’m the Mother Hen Today,” she says. She puts the crown on her head. “That means we all do what I say.  There’s a new pecking order here now!”

And then she laughed.

No one died.

Lenglon has become Ruler until the end of the Day.

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - Lenglon,

1 to Hammer. Day ends on July 18, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~92 hours remaining).

It is now Day.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 11:21:34 pm by webadict »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2022, 11:29:43 pm »

I stayed up late to get the first post, and I guess it worked out.
I originally just wanted to get in first to say this:
That thing with the crane? That wasn't my power. I don't know where it came from, and I consider it suspicious, especially that it occurred after I said I would be commuting.
But then, in my night resolution PM, I learned something even more fascinating.

FallacyofUrist used a Mafiakill on me.

Unfortunately for him, I was serious about being hidden. Even more unfortunately for him, I didn't let on that I learn certain actions that are used on me while doing so. FallacyofUrist, you tried to kill me! After I supported your possibly being town against NJW! At least now I see why you said that your actions will come up as "Mafiakill".

The action in question is called Mug, and it's clearly labelled a "Mafiakill".

(Yes I did read the post and saw that I don't have a vote today, but that's not going to stop me from using red text for DRAMA.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2022, 11:38:32 pm »

Well, if I could choose anyone other to myself to have the sole vote, it'd definitely be Lenglon.

... Heck, even if I could choose myself, I'd probably choose her instead, just out of a lack of confidence in my own abilities.

I maintain that Egan's behavior, aside from the hyper miller claim, was a mass of scummy tells, notably including the complete lack of suspicion. Regardless, they were town, and role flips are sane, so we can't really doubt that.

As I mentioned earlier, Egan actually being town means my confidence in NJW as scum has dropped (not by a ton, but somewhat) and I want to look more into Maximum Spin and Shakerag.

Not that I can vote, but that's not really an excuse to be inactive. Words are still power, even if the single vote is the most powerful of all.

Notably, nobody is dead. That's both a good thing in that the mafiakill failed (or was used on something delayed, but let's not contemplate that without evidence), and a bad thing in that we have less data.

I did some reading during the Night, and I think Maximum Spin had the least justified vote on Egan.

Tric elim isn't something I want, I want Egan or FoU.
I'll take you up on that. Egan_BW

This seemed like a vote for the sake of voting, not for the sake of eliminating scum. Where was the justification?

I stayed up late to get the first post, and I guess it worked out.
I originally just wanted to get in first to say this:
That thing with the crane? That wasn't my power. I don't know where it came from, and I consider it suspicious, especially that it occurred after I said I would be commuting.

... Wait, what? That was the whole reason I acted on you in the first place! I thought that you... oh jeez. Okay, now I need to seriously reconsider.

FallacyofUrist used a Mafiakill on me.

Unfortunately for him, I was serious about being hidden. Even more unfortunately for him, I didn't let on that I learn certain actions that are used on me while doing so. FallacyofUrist, you tried to kill me! After I supported your possibly being town against NJW! At least now I see why you said that your actions will come up as "Mafiakill".

The action in question is called Mug, and it's clearly labelled a "Mafiakill".
Yes, that is correct. Well, not the 'try to kill you' part. But I did act on you last night. Regardless, I am town.

I also received a hint to your role last night, most likely thanks to your ability. I'm assuming you don't want me to disclose it, at least for the time being?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2022, 11:42:51 pm »

Yes, that is correct. Well, not the 'try to kill you' part. But I did act on you last night. Regardless, I am town.
Dude, I get told what the action does. Don't even. It kills. It literally says that it kills.
Besides,
Maximum Spin is no longer targetable by Town Players.[/b][/font]
and you admit you acted on me.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2022, 11:48:06 pm »

Can anyone explain to me what it means by Lenglon being "Ruler for the Day"?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2022, 11:48:47 pm »

Yes. I acted on you. Regardless, I am town. My role is a flaming bucket of WIFOM, unfortunately.

When I said all my actions appear to be mafiakills, that's because they are in fact mafiakill abilities. They have the tag and everything.

However, my auto ability has two components.

Firstly, it lets me use abilities as though I was mafia-aligned, which includes using mafiakills. Turns out it also let me bypass that crane-shield thingamajig.

Secondly, it makes my mafiakill abilities not kill.

... I suspect if a mafia member manages to steal one of my actions, they will be able to kill with it, unfortunately.

Can anyone explain to me what it means by Lenglon being "Ruler for the Day"?
Lenglon is the only person who can vote, and the only person whose vote counts. For this Day only.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2022, 11:52:08 pm »

Oh right, I guess I should be fair and actually answer your question, at least for the sake of other people.
This seemed like a vote for the sake of voting, not for the sake of eliminating scum. Where was the justification?
I thought Egan was more likely than you to be scum, based on my understanding of your behavior. Obviously this turned out to be wrong.
I do have a habit of placing votes in these kinds of ways, sometimes acting like it's a joke, or often offering to "go along with" someone else, but, as I've said before, I promise I only place votes when I mean them. In this case, for example, I put it like that because NJW2000 had been pushing for a vote on you the whole time, but then said that as if he was open to either, so I wanted to see how far he meant it.

Yes. I acted on you. Regardless, I am town. My role is a flaming bucket of WIFOM, unfortunately.

When I said all my actions appear to be mafiakills, that's because they are in fact mafiakill abilities. They have the tag and everything.

However, my auto ability has two components.

Firstly, it lets me use abilities as though I was mafia-aligned, which includes using mafiakills. Turns out it also let me bypass that crane-shield thingamajig.

Secondly, it makes my mafiakill abilities not kill.

... I suspect if a mafia member manages to steal one of my actions, they will be able to kill with it, unfortunately.
I'm... well, I guess it doesn't matter whether I believe this or not, since I don't have The Vote. If I hypothetically pretend I believe you, does this imply that "Mug" is a real mafiakill ability the mafia also have?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2022, 11:58:30 pm »

If it helps, I submitted the role... always scum.

I'm... well, I guess it doesn't matter whether I believe this or not, since I don't have The Vote. If I hypothetically pretend I believe you, does this imply that "Mug" is a real mafiakill ability the mafia also have?
Fortunately not. Well, probably not. Nothing about my role suggests I'm copying mafiakills. My mafiakills are my own mafiakills. Which is good because scum don't have them and bad because I don't have theft immunity.

Oh right, I guess I should be fair and actually answer your question, at least for the sake of other people.
I thought Egan was more likely than you to be scum, based on my understanding of your behavior. Obviously this turned out to be wrong.
I do have a habit of placing votes in these kinds of ways, sometimes acting like it's a joke, or often offering to "go along with" someone else, but, as I've said before, I promise I only place votes when I mean them. In this case, for example, I put it like that because NJW2000 had been pushing for a vote on you the whole time, but then said that as if he was open to either, so I wanted to see how far he meant it.
This... is a reasonable enough justification.

Ugh, and I was so sure you were scum, too. Using the crane thing to hide while you chose someone to mafiakill, sure nobody could detect you due to being untargetable. I can't really make that argument at this point, though.

You get a promotion to likely town in my readometer. Unfortunately.
Generic Arms Race.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 15, 2022, 12:01:28 am »

Ugh, and I was so sure you were scum, too. Using the crane thing to hide while you chose someone to mafiakill, sure nobody could detect you due to being untargetable. I can't really make that argument at this point, though.
Nope. I'm actually a commuter, and... well, you've seen what happens when I'm targetted while hiding. Under certain circumstances I can take other actions not to be disclosed yet, but those circumstances haven't applied. Actually, because of you, I kind of lost out on that chance for now, because the thing that you know happened was supposed to happen to me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2022, 12:10:22 am »

Nope. I'm actually a commuter, and... well, you've seen what happens when I'm targetted while hiding. Under certain circumstances I can take other actions not to be disclosed yet, but those circumstances haven't applied. Actually, because of you, I kind of lost out on that chance for now, because the thing that you know happened was supposed to happen to me.
... Oops. Sorry. If it helps, at least I think you're town now?
Generic Arms Race.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2022, 12:13:16 am »

That's real great, how many votes do you have today again? :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2022, 12:14:20 am »

That's real great, how many votes do you have today again? :P
Same as you.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64