Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34886 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #810 on: July 19, 2022, 10:33:18 pm »

Hm. I find it suspicious Shakerag would just remove his vote, worrying about a hammer of all things? His justification for removing it is really weird.

You know what?

I want to see something.

Lidku
I have a feeling you're about to propose something about as realistic as this:
True, we still haven't ruled out that a NPC Velociraptor was the true scum all along.
ಠ_ಠ
to which yes, Shakerag's reaction then was the right one, and the one that I'm going to borrow now:

ಠ_ಠ
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #811 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:49 pm »

Let me guess, you thing that will get people off your back? It might but uh.. There isn't any desperation. Use it with a case that you put together for when you flip town. Let your thoughts flow into the thread that will lead town to the right answer.

Not at all. With how everything is snowballing here from Lenglon and Shakerag, I KNOW I'm likely to be the D3 lynch. But I want to understand why Shakerag would cast off his vote off of me, for "tomorrow" for "discussions". If he's so preeminent on me and you being on a team, why would he withdraw his vote and be "afraid" of a hammer happening?

It doesn't make sense to me. Is he not confident in me being Mafia or not? If he is, why not just leave it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 19, 2022, 10:46:03 pm »

Because, that would mean day end. End of day means you can't make cases, and people can't discuss to find who the other mafia is. If you're town, you should probably do so yourself, look over things and make a case or two. Sure, you're likely to get lynched, but if you're town you can at least contribute to a game win.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 19, 2022, 10:46:35 pm »

[long and I don't want to include the whole thing but there's no obvious single point to snip]
Oh, and I just realized, a Fallacy/Max team is actually impossible because we would've hammered, unless you believe it isn't really MYLO.

Incidentally, the fact that it's almost certainly MYLO means that certain statements that have been made about whether any given team would be willing to go all in to vote out Lidku are invalid since voting out Lidku would end the game and there is then no more need to worry about any other problems. This also makes voting out Egan at the beginning more suspicious in my eyes due to his being a double voter, which I slightly forgot, and which would have put off MYLO.

I'm pretty sure I can't be paired with anyone but Fallacy either - unless you believe that I'm the one who roleblocked Fallacy, maybe? That doesn't make any sense from my perspective, though. And I'm not sure how it would work unless my roleblock was a super since it would be a block against a block in that case. Truthfully, if I put my mafia hat on for a minute and think about what I would do in that scenario, I think I'd want Fallacy to target me and confirm I didn't do the kill, anyway - I'm not convinced I couldn't argue that his own claim could justify the possibility that he had the ability to use his kills (maybe in a genuinely non-killing way like he said) while his partner also mafiakills. Usually people tend to fakeclaim things that are at least partially true, after all. So him being "confirmed town", or at least not the killer of Knightwing, doesn't seem like enough of a problem that I would want to waste my turn blocking him to do it. Also I've been calling him town all along, and he says I'm town, so I'd probably want to take him to endgame anyway, you know?

Actually, thinking about that and then reading Tric's last post, and maybe being just a little half-asleep, I can almost imagine a world where Fallacy is mafia but telling the truth about his mafiakills being fake, who roleblocks me to try to stop me from hiding so that the partner can really kill me. That's getting pretty velociraptory though. Might be an interesting idea for a future game...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 19, 2022, 10:47:55 pm »

Hm. I find it suspicious Shakerag would just remove his vote, worrying about a hammer of all things? His justification for removing it is really weird.

You know what?

I want to see something.

Lidku
Do you want to get hammered? Are you afraid of giving something away? Because I'm not going to hammer you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 19, 2022, 10:53:07 pm »

If the crane can't pick up mafia, then yeah. I theoretically can roleblock someone.

... If I haven't misunderstood my role again. It says "Ability I haven't yet Chosen", not an "Ability from a Player I haven't yet Chosen." I would have chosen an Investigation Ability if I knew that instead of the Crystal Ball.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 20, 2022, 01:13:45 am »

FoU: I have been considering the thought that the crane user (assuming they aren't Lidku) could make it difficult to coordinate actions tonight, and seems to be growing in power every night. For mechanical reasons I would benefit from targeting the same person you do, and I do not have a way to bypass the crane. Tonight when you are deciding on your action target, if you are uncertain of who to target with your action, and one of your potential targets is behind the crane and one is not, please target the one that is not hidden by the crane. Of course, if you do have a better target and a reason for it then you should go with your own idea. The synergy would be nice but it'd be far better for you to have a well-aimed ability. Thank you.
Noted.

People I can trust: Maximum Spin.
People I can't trust: Everyone else, including myself.

Is there any reason we're not mass full-claiming when it's literally MYLO?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 20, 2022, 02:11:55 am »

I think I'm the only one that hasn't fullclaimed at this point. Is there a need? I don't really want to reveal because I can be countered if the scum know what to do about me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 20, 2022, 08:27:10 am »

I think I'm the only one that hasn't fullclaimed at this point. Is there a need? I don't really want to reveal because I can be countered if the scum know what to do about me.
Probably not at this point given your actions so far.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 20, 2022, 11:01:42 am »

I don't really want to reveal because I can be countered if the scum know what to do about me.

That's quite convenient, given on how you've claimed two different Inspection abilities and nothing else of variance, and is now putting accusations on me that I did something malicious on N2. If you're decidedly sure I AM scum, then what's the true fear of revealing what your role is to Town, for the sake of transparency? 

The fact that you've already inferred that you have somesort of "big thing left hiding," already puts a target of Mafia wanting to counter you regardless. If you truly aren't Mafia, I think it would benefit the Town that you just say what your role is, especially considering the fact that you may be responsible for another Town person being lynched (and making us lose the game through MYLO).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2022, 11:02:49 am »

-outed scum going rolefishing-
I don't care.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2022, 11:09:25 am »

Then that's just unfortunate and quite confident of you, considering you wrongfully led the charge to get both Egan and NJW lynched, who were Town. Though it could very much be by design, with how you've been acting all game, Lenglon (along with your likely accomplice, Shakerag).

So whether you not care or care, I hope for the sake of Town your correct in your choice (if you're even Town, that is).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 20, 2022, 12:32:01 pm »

Yeah, it's Lidku at this point..

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 20, 2022, 12:59:02 pm »

I'm confident enough that I don't mind if Lidku gets hammered. I figure we can still do any pre-night-phase analysis and prep work in the meantime however, and there is of course the possibility that others are less confident than me and would like to ask questions or verify things before we vote Lidku out. So no need to rush.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:05 pm »

'm somewhat confident it's Fal or Shakerag. If I end up dead tonight, it's probably not Fal since I'll be role-blocking them.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64