Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34924 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #855 on: July 20, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »

Typing after hammer is really fucking against the rules. Delete your fucking comments.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 3: God Is No Longer With You
« Reply #856 on: July 20, 2022, 09:43:17 pm »

Six little birdies, sitting in a row. One thought better and left the show.

Lidku looks from face to face to face, and understanding begins to form in his eyes. You hear him a whistle, watching as a crane slams into FallacyofUrist, picking him up and into the rafters alongside Maximum Spin and Shakerag. Lidku grabs onto the crane, as Lenglon attempts to grab onto his legs, barely missing.

When the crane lands, Lidku bolts, nimbly moving along the steel beams towards the window. As he jumps over Shakerag, he barely trips over an outstretched wing. He falls, gliding to a beam before Maximum Spin throws piece of rebar at Lidku, causing Lidku to lose his momentum.

As Lidku hurtles towards the floor, he simply chooses to fall.

Mother Hen collects his body. You only realize he's alive when she returns a few moments later.

"He cracked quite easily. That's one rogue agent down." She puts a talon on the light switch, but thinks better of it this time. Instead, when the door closes, the lights overhead smash into the ground.

Vote Count
------------------------
Lidku - 4 - Lenglon*, Shakerag*, TricMagic*, Lidku*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on July 21, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 39 minutes remaining.)

Lidku has been executed.

Lidku was a Planet Trade Organization Officer (Mafia).

FallacyofUrist is no longer targetable by Town Players. (Alongside Maximum Spin and Shakerag)

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to send in an Action. If you wish to use no Action, please send that in.

Lidku
Role:  Planet Trade Organization Officer
Alignment:  Mafia

Abilities:
(Day) Embargo [target/self]:  The target or yourself may not be the target of Actions performed by Town Players.  All Players are notified at the end of the Day of this choice.

{P10} (Night) Purchase [target]:  Pick one (1) of the following Abilities and give it to the target and yourself.
 - (Auto) Attack Ball:  You cannot be Bussed, Blocked, or Redirected.
 - (Auto) Saiyan Armor:  You Learn any Actions that target you.
 - (Auto) Ray Gun:  Mafiakill Actions you perform ignore Protections and Revives.
 - (Auto) Saibamen:  Inspects against you return Town.
 - (Auto) Scouter:  At the end of each Night, you Learn a random Town Player’s role.
Tags:  Gift

{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Buy-Out [target]:  You remove all Actions from the target.  If the target is Town, they gain an additional vote for the remainder of the game.
Tags:  Steal, Motivate
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 09:47:37 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Night 3: Traderous Scum
« Reply #857 on: July 21, 2022, 07:26:00 pm »

Five little birdies, flying all around. One lost flight and hit the ground.

Several technicians enter the room, placing floor lamps that turn the entire warehouse into a cheap haunted amusement ride, which goes fittingly with the Shakerag corpse hanging from the rafters.

As they bring the body down and into the next room, several additional agents burst into the room, and you recognize the Orpington feather they wear.  Mother Hen talks with them in hushed whispers before reminding you that these rogue agents must be dealt with.  She orders you to find them and then everyone else leaves the room.

Shakerag has died.

Shakerag was The Beginner BYOR 2 Role That Won’t Ruin The Balance (Town).

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - FallacyofUrist, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, TricMagic,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on July 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~72 hours remaining).

Shakerag
Role:  The Beginner BYOR 2 Role That Won’t Ruin The Balance
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
{P5} (Used, Night) Bodyblock [target]:  Whenever the target would be Killed by an Action, you are Killed instead.  This Action lasts for the rest of the game and does nothing on non-Allied players.
Tags:  Protect

{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Yawn [target]:  The target is roleblocked during the following Night.  The target is warned that they will be roleblocked.
Tags:  Block

{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Obliterate [target]:  Remove a random Ability from the target.
Tags:  Remove

{P10} (Used, Night) Redouble [target]:  Choose another Action you own.  Give a 1-Shot copy of the Action to the target.
Tags:  Gift

{P-1} (1-Shot, Night) 2 Times:  Choose another Action you own that can be used and remove it from your role.  Perform that Action twice, with separate targets and Choices for each Action.
Tags:  Super

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Shake Up The Balance
« Reply #858 on: July 21, 2022, 07:28:15 pm »

I Mugged TricMagic, as planned.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 21, 2022, 07:34:50 pm »

Time for me to fullclaim.

My role name is Catch Us
I started the game with three one-shots:
Arrogance, the inspect that inspects target 1 and gives the results to target 2.
Watch Us, which tells me what action the target performed.
and Coming Out Alive, a protect, which if it successfully blocks a Kill Action, I become notified and gain a Shot in the ability I choose.
I had thought previously that Coming Out Alive would count FoU's mafiakills as Kill Actions, however I checked with Web during the night and apparently a Mafiakill that does not Kill does not count as a Kill action.

The ability I was given by Shake was:
2 times, a one-shot, which lets me pick another action and remove it from my role in order to do it twice at once, with separate targets.

My plan had been to use 2 times on Coming Out Alive, one on Shake and one on Max.
This was of course ruined because the crane effects didn't die with the crane operator.

Last night I used 2 Times on Coming Out Alive, and had both uses target TricMagic, since that's literally the only person I could target. They did NOT trigger, but all three actions were successful, so I was not roleblocked.

I am now literally powerless. I have no remaining uses on my 1-shots, and am a vanilla townie.

So here is my current working theory on what happened:

N1, Lidku used Purchase, and because he was defeated by a godfather in his last mafia game, he chose the Saibamen option, making both himself and his scumbuddy inspect as town.

N2, Lidku did the nightkill on the only townie that had not fullclaimed other than myself -> Knightwing. because nobody would believe that they only had a single 1-shot. The reason it wasn't used on me was because Shakerag bodyguarded me.

N1, either Tric or FoU performed the mafiakill on Max.

N2, they did something similar to Purchase, possibly a roleblock.

My current working theory is that FoU is the last scum, that Tricmagic told the truth all game, and that on N2 when Tric bussed themselves with FoU, FoU had been attempting to roleblock Tric, and he ended up roleblocking himself.

However, it's still very possible for it to be Tric, therefore:

TricMagic, could you check with web and make sure that if you are today's lynch you can hammer the last scum tomorrow? As in, could we theoretically win just by lynching you be you town or scum?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 21, 2022, 07:38:46 pm »

By the way, for obvious reasons, I strongly suspect that I will be nightkilled on the upcoming night if we go with the Lynch Tric plan. and it'll be left as a 1v1 between Max and FoU. So... just putting that out there.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 21, 2022, 07:48:13 pm »

by the way:
Tric:
I understand why you couldn't target FoU, but you should have roleblocked ME last night. That way I could confirm that you didn't perform the mafiakill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 21, 2022, 08:11:35 pm »

TricMagic, could you check with web and make sure that if you are today's lynch you can hammer the last scum tomorrow? As in, could we theoretically win just by lynching you be you town or scum?
Yeah, hopefully this is the case.

Currently my suspicion is that TricMagic is scum, but it's still technically possible (if very unlikely) that Maximum Spin is the last scum.

In the interests of full disclosure, my other mafiakill is Bleed Out. It kills at the end of the Night (prevented by my Auto, just like Mug), and both tracks and watches the target, but gives the results to me in one list without filtering. So I learn the players who targeted them and the players they targeted, but not which is which. Like Mug, it is a 2-shot.

Definitely feel like my role is the most underpowered here. I guess the ability to directly stop someone from performing the kill is worth something? Unfortunately I don't think I've succeeded in that all game.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 21, 2022, 08:20:02 pm »

by the way:
Tric:
I understand why you couldn't target FoU, but you should have roleblocked ME last night. That way I could confirm that you didn't perform the mafiakill.

Probably, yeah. I was seriously worried about interrupting whatever action you had planed though.

Alos, Falacy is lying, nothing happened to me last night. Let me check my abilities really quickly, though I have access to Dragon Cloak still.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 21, 2022, 08:21:36 pm »

by the way:
Tric:

Probably, yeah. I was seriously worried about interrupting whatever action you had planed though.

Alos, Falacy is lying, nothing happened to me last night. Let me check my abilities really quickly, though I have access to Dragon Cloak still.
Like I said, I think it's FoU, but if you will be able to hammer from the grave then we can cover all possibilities.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 21, 2022, 08:24:16 pm »

Asked them, just have to wait for the answer.

As of right now, it can only be either me or Fal, I think. NJW got Town as a result. Just as well I never picked an inspect.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 21, 2022, 08:25:24 pm »

[[Hi, I'm dead but since this is technically a beginner's game I can still post in a neutral way.   It may behoove you all to look back at previous lynches and see who voted for whom.  Also it may be beneficial to look at interactions between players given roleflips.  This late in the game, previous posts become all the more important.]]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 21, 2022, 08:28:51 pm »

FoU: Could you please explain why it is highly unlikely to be Max for us please?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 21, 2022, 08:30:32 pm »

[[Hi, I'm dead but since this is technically a beginner's game I can still post in a neutral way.   It may behoove you all to look back at previous lynches and see who voted for whom.  Also it may be beneficial to look at interactions between players given roleflips.  This late in the game, previous posts become all the more important.]]
((To be fair, I think the newest player left here is Tric, and I don't think Tric is all that new))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 21, 2022, 08:32:51 pm »

Vote Tracker Day 1
------------------------
FallacyofUrist voted Shakerag [#78]
Lenglon voted TricMagic [#83]
Egan_BW voted FallacyofUrist [#89]
Shakerag voted Egan_BW [#110]