Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Power &&& Pulse (3) OOC + Suggestions + Rules  (Read 7501 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

Also, in the interest of keeping things moving toward an actually playable game, I'd suggest some soft deadlines so we don't get stuck in eternally designing. Like have the trait list by date X, mech/mage powers by date Y, grunt loadouts and point cost by date Z, etc. Just a thought.

I have at least something in every category except powers and a few weapon classes already. So I think I'll make sure that I have a bare minimum in everything I need, then start signups. If someone wants something not on the list, then they can help design it.

Could everyone look at the negative trait list and tell me which one seems "safest" to pick? It seems like a danger to have one negative trait which doesn't really do anything.

Also, Radio mentioned mission rewards. I hadn't really considered them before and assumed that victory would be its own reward, but it might be prudent to have a carrot on a stick. I don't want to reward Advancement Points for the victorious party though, because that leads to the winners getting more powerful toys over time.
The worst kind of power creep is where only one side gets it. :v

I'm pretty happy with my design for AP, where you get 1 for killing an enemy and 1 for dying. The supply increases over time, but equally for both sides, and AP flows out of the ecosystem when someone buys a powerful class and the bites it.

However, I could also have a second type of points given from mission rewards which are spent on things not power related, such as picking the next mission or getting new character options available. Like, maybe if you wanted a stealthy Gear you could pay me 10 Favor Points and I'd design one for you?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes, Favor Points might also help the conundrum of who gets to be the hero unit potentially. Bid your mission reward points for it. :D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Right now magic incompatible looks like it isn't a real negative trait. Closely followed by Yellow.

Incompatible just wont come up for your disposible grunts.
Yellow will only proc if you make bad or selfless decisions.

Neither will harm you if you are careful with your actions.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yellow is a problem for the more expendable grunts because you're paid to die. Magic Incompatible breaks a lot of class equipment which are enchanted or arcane-powered. But yeah, that doesn't matter depending on what class you are.

Maybe it's not clear, but Incompatible is also magic weakness, if you get hit by an arcane bolt or something you'll be hurt extra.

How about these:

Magic Incompatible (Requires NOT Hero Unit)
Your body rejects magic. You're unable to use enchantments, do not benefit from positive magic, and offensive magic causes you physical harm.

Yellow
You would really like to not die, and will refuse to voluntarily go into dangerous situations. If you see an ally die, you'll lose your nerve and have Disadvantage on your next roll.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now those look like real penalties.

At the moment I'd probably pick fragile myself, but they all seem like solid penalties now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added a bunch of stuff today, but I'll probably have to stop and sleep on it.

I have rules for powers in the OP which I'm pretty happy with, but adding in all the actual powers is more brainpower than I have available at the moment. Perhaps I should have committed to less flavor text. ;p

Don't think I'll keep "mana tethers" as a distinct concept from all the other powers, but I'll certainly need to include familiars somewhere for Lenglon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll certainly need to include familiars somewhere for Lenglon.
Yay!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

ininIN
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Interested. time to bring back Adderson for another round of hell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 03:49:15 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice. If you have powers your class is "Mage", though. Mages can pick equipment though, so you can have the footsoldier items.

Only one mage at a time this game, not sure how to decide who gets the slot for first mission. Probably just random if multiple people want it.

Also, combining Athlete with Mobility is valid, but the * * Mobility from each doesn't stack, so Athlete is only getting you improved strength as is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Also, combining Athlete with Mobility is valid, but the * * Mobility from each doesn't stack, so Athlete is only getting you improved strength as is.
Darn, I was hoping they would stack. guess i'll swap for Aware then and take Power as a third mage power.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Starhammer
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 04:57:07 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warpick is enhanced with bonus kinetic energy to punch through armor, sword is frictionless to avoid getting caught in softer targets.
Shields suppress magic, distribute kinetic energy, and reflect light / lasers respectively.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we stack traits like In the first game?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Also, I just realized that neither of you followed the 14pt text saying to put your faction outside the spoiler. Shall I make the text larger?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6