Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15273 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2022, 07:34:25 am »

@NJW:
Fine. But Tric claiming miller is still a good look.

@NQT:
Ur plan is dum

@Knightwing:
You're going to die today posting like that. I'm reading you as mafia hard.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2022, 08:18:44 am »

I’m just posting how I normally do…

Wth

Fine, whatever. Vote me out if you want.

Like, I can’t accuse anybody of being guilty like you can with nothing to base it off of, my brain doesn’t work like that. Maybe I’ll claim to have a blah blah meter next game and see if that gets people to vote you out

>:(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2022, 08:31:50 am »

Wth

Like, I can’t accuse anybody of being guilty like you can with nothing to base it off of, my brain doesn’t work like that. Maybe I’ll claim to have a blah blah meter next game and see if that gets people to vote you out

Okay, then explain to me this one: How is this you different from scum you?

I don't care how you explain it, but what would you be doing differently? What would you be doing the same? Show me some examples of you being scum that differ from your play here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:05 am »

Wth

Okay, then explain to me this one: How is this you different from scum you?

I don't care how you explain it, but what would you be doing differently? What would you be doing the same? Show me some examples of you being scum that differ from your play here.

Well, for one, when I’m scum I’m not really as invested as I am when I’m town. I joke a lot more and etc, I might make a joke here or there but I’m still mostly serious. Also, I would be making inane excuses instead of doing what I’m doing right now and genuinely trying to get you to realize that I’m town

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2022, 08:48:45 am »

I find NJW2000 and hector13 the most objectionable so far but since they're both Chaos there can only be one scum between the two of them. I think I pick NJW2000 between the two. webadict and Knightwing64 are both null but Knightwing64 seems pretty apathetic so far.

I need to pick one scum between ToonyMan, TricMagic, and notquitethere. I feel like it's not ToonyMan but I am terrified of his skill. I'd need to see more of TricMagic and notquitethere to make the determination between the two. TricMagic's role obsession is there but it seems muted compared to what I would normally expect. notquitethere is alive but sleepy.

Maximum Spin being ??? means we probably need to solve for him at some point. Not knowing if he's Law or Chaos complicates the solve quite a bit. If he were a third party it would make the rest of the game a lot easier since the ambiguity of what his alignment is wouldn't be there to wrestle with. He hasn't done anything I find objectionable yet though.

It's actually two lines right now. I'm being cautious cause deducing a demon allows the mafia to steal it, even if they fail to kill the target. I'd rather not lose mine, particularly since a lot of demons are weak to light.

That said, I'm not really afraid of being lynched either. And as has been proven in the past, I can't really draw a nightkill either, so.. Not really any pressure? If Mafia kills me, that removes a miller. If not, I'm still in the game. Healing debuffs is my game, since that's a Day skill. (Probably say too much though. At least it's fairly common.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2022, 08:52:05 am »

@Knightwing:
Who do you think is mafia in the Chaos faction?

Web, NJW, or Hector? Or do you think Max is more likely?

Webadict is serious you know, he wouldn't be prioritizing another Chaos member without confidence.

@Tric:
You are correct that mafia are...unlikely to try to kill you at night.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2022, 08:55:30 am »

I think I’ll triple down on that line of questioning Knightwing. The quickest way to get us off your back is having opinions on the other players in the game, so long as you can back ‘em up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2022, 08:58:10 am »

NQT, there is a fundamental flaw in your plan. We may be able to revive a player, but that also means Mafia has a 100% chance to steal one of their demons. Or did you miss that in your brilliant Role?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2022, 09:03:54 am »

I think I’ll triple down on that line of questioning Knightwing. The quickest way to get us off your back is having opinions on the other players in the game, so long as you can back ‘em up.

Okay. I won’t be able to post for a few hours, because run driving to a camping site, but once I’m there I’ll do that

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2022, 12:02:41 pm »

[shortened for legibility
Let me break this down because I'm gonna use your words against you here.

Well, for one, when I’m scum I’m not really as invested as I am when I’m town. I joke a lot more and etc, I might make a joke here or there but I’m still mostly serious.
This post does sound a bit disinterested, but that's taking things a bit out of context, but your opening post and a few of your reads seem joke-based, yes?

Hmm. I thought chaos and law demons were in the same side in this? One second, lemme reread the introduction 😅
The fact that max didn't respond to this, and didn't even give a joke in reply is kinda weird to me. Dunno, not much has gone on yet that I can base my accusations on. Web is sussing everybody but himself, but he always does that.
Of your 9 posts, none of them really contained any reads other than the preceding.

I'd be hoping for more meta-commentary from you, since you are a bit more lurky as scum, so this assessment is correct:
Also, I would be making inane excuses instead of doing what I’m doing right now and genuinely trying to get you to realize that I’m town
... But, you've been making several excuses for your lack of posting consistently so far:
Do you guys never sleep?  Of course I wasn't posting, I was sleeping. I guess it's just time zone differences.Also, I'm not mafia. Promise. (I suppose I could be mafia to the order faction but whatever) How can I prove to you I'm not mafia? Because the game just started and it would suck to leave so soon
Okay. I won't be able to post for a few hours, because run driving to a camping site, but once I'm there I'll do that
But, that's a little unfair, in that they're not exactly inane, but they DO match your previous modus operandi as scum, AND your scum description is, shall we say, a little too on the nose?

The point of this is that I'm still left at that single question: How exactly is this NOT you as scum? Shall I begin scouring the other games for better examples?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2022, 12:48:01 pm »

Damn, Max, can you even hear Knightwing over those blaring alarm bells?
I cannot.

I take back what I said about it being preliminary.
@Max: you don't think much of D1 elims, you do like being townconf, NQT claims a res. Do you want people to vote you out today? If not, why not?
No. I don't like being killed and relying on someone else who could easily just be lying, and even still could end up screwing it up. Besides, my alignment is private for a reason, presumably, and even if it's totally fine to have it revealed, I don't want my powers stolen. Besides, I don't have any problem with a d1 lynch if it actually finds mafia, such as, for example, Knightwing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2022, 01:04:09 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Knightwing64 - 2 - hector13*, webadict*,
notquitethere - 2 - ToonyMan*, TricMagic*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - NJW2000*,
TricMagic - 1 - notquitethere*,
hector13 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Jim Groovester*, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin*,

Would like to see more votes from Jim and Knightwing. I would also like to see a vote form Max as well, but less of a concern.

Let's also take a look at the long arm of the Law side...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2022, 01:15:19 pm »

… the fact I only placed a weak rvs vote not register, or are you just zeroed in on Knightwing and Jim?
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2022, 01:57:11 pm »

Ninja, at the top with you!
… the fact I only placed a weak rvs vote not register, or are you just zeroed in on Knightwing and Jim?
Blah blah blah, whatever, I don't really care. You're never voting out Maximum Spin on Day 1, and you're definitely gonna have a hard time convincing me that Maximum Spin is mafia here, which will make me complain a lot about your vote. If you wanna complain that I'm focused on Jim, then you're not paying attention to what I'm saying. But, I don't care about what you're saying because it doesn't matter to me right now because you're not making a case, since you're effectively Town if Knightwing is scum, and if Knightwing is Town, then you're scum!

See? Easy logic. Not a problem. Moving on.

I find NJW2000 and hector13 the most objectionable so far but since they're both Chaos there can only be one scum between the two of them. I think I pick NJW2000 between the two. webadict and Knightwing64 are both null but Knightwing64 seems pretty apathetic so far.

I need to pick one scum between ToonyMan, TricMagic, and notquitethere. I feel like it's not ToonyMan but I am terrified of his skill. I'd need to see more of TricMagic and notquitethere to make the determination between the two. TricMagic's role obsession is there but it seems muted compared to what I would normally expect. notquitethere is alive but sleepy.

Maximum Spin being ??? means we probably need to solve for him at some point. Not knowing if he's Law or Chaos complicates the solve quite a bit. If he were a third party it would make the rest of the game a lot easier since the ambiguity of what his alignment is wouldn't be there to wrestle with. He hasn't done anything I find objectionable yet though.

It's actually two lines right now. I'm being cautious cause deducing a demon allows the mafia to steal it, even if they fail to kill the target. I'd rather not lose mine, particularly since a lot of demons are weak to light.

That said, I'm not really afraid of being lynched either. And as has been proven in the past, I can't really draw a nightkill either, so.. Not really any pressure? If Mafia kills me, that removes a miller. If not, I'm still in the game. Healing debuffs is my game, since that's a Day skill. (Probably say too much though. At least it's fairly common.)
Alright, TricMagic is a Miller => More likely to be Town than random chance. Tric hasn't really said anything, though, which I find worrisome, so I'm willing to switch my stance here to TricMagic potentially being scummy. I'm mostly changing my mind here because I'm thinking of who could be partners with Knightwing. Without Knightwing, TricMagic is meh? Which means he's still kinda scummy, but less so.

Jim Groovester is next. Jim Groovester has 4 posts, but I'm not liking his (lack of) takes against Knightwing. By this time, Knightwing had posted 3 times with very little content, but NJW2000 had posted 5 times with only a little more, but Jim really seemed to think that the minor difference in substance was enough to indicate that NJW2000 was among the scum in the Chaos faction. Honestly, I find this a bit hard to swallow, and it feels like covering for Knightwing, which I could see Jim doing as scum for Town or scum Knightwing.

Also, he brings up 3P, which should automatically make him sus.

And lastly, ToonyMan. ToonyMan's got a bunch of posts going. I know I called him Town, but that's just what I'd like to see. If anything, my biggest issues are these two posts:
@NQT:
Ur plan is dum

@Knightwing:
You're going to die today posting like that. I'm reading you as mafia hard.
@Knightwing:
Who do you think is mafia in the Chaos faction?

Web, NJW, or Hector? Or do you think Max is more likely?

Webadict is serious you know, he wouldn't be prioritizing another Chaos member without confidence.
These feel like warning posts towards Knightwing. I'm not a fan.

Oh, and NQT, I guess:
NJW, Max might be, yeah. I think that's a cross-that-bridge-when-we-get-to-it kind of problem.

And if scum want to waste their night action interfering with my plans... that just means they're not interfering with other town players who may be cops, vigs, docs, etc.

Web, flat dismissal. Interesting. So what's the argument for launching Knightwing?
notquitethere came up with a small plan, blah blah blah, if he can actually revive someone... Woo? It's a great backup plan, and a confirmable Action.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is NQT being more or less Town. I can't decide. Toony and Tric are voting him... I'd be willing to bet that ToonyMan is more likely to be scum here than NQT.

So, my Law order is completely jacked. It's probably not NQT, but it could easily be NQT. But, that's not the point. The point is by removing the Mafia from the Chaos side, we've effectively protected NQT, since he can never be killed before all the Chaos players and Maximum Spin are dead (Or, I guess the Mafia can totally kill NQT, whatever, I don't care!)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2022, 02:02:36 pm »

Okay, obviously, the lack of posts because I am traveling right now and have really bad car sickness so I can’t go on the phone is utterly irrelevant and means I’m scum!

I did what you said. You dismissed it and then called me scum anyways, so I doubt anything I could do will convince you at this point.

I will just take solace in the fact that you are wrong and smile as I fall asleep.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21