Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom evil weather  (Read 2147 times)

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
Custom evil weather
« on: July 09, 2022, 03:59:50 pm »

Is there any way to mod in rain/fog that causes custom syndromes? For example, let's say I want a biome that spawns a fog which turns anything caught in it into a horse. Would this be doable?

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom evil weather
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 11:10:49 pm »

a fog which turns anything caught in it into a horse

How nightmarish.  Maybe you could do something like a rain that turns dwarves into animal people or something...  I have no idea if you can do anything like that, but the idea seems cool.  Since I didn't want to post and be totally unhelpful, I did find a thread on Reddit discussing someone's modded weather to include raining upvotes and downvotes that alter dwarf mood, so that's something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/46p0pp/reddits_kind_of_weather_modded/

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 03:59:01 pm »

Since I didn't want to post and be totally unhelpful, I did find a thread on Reddit discussing someone's modded weather to include raining upvotes and downvotes that alter dwarf mood, so that's something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/46p0pp/reddits_kind_of_weather_modded/

:D That's incredibly helpful, thank you! I completely forgot that it's interactions that can do that. Guess I should've perused the wiki a little more thoroughly!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 04:04:45 pm »

You can also find some weather examples in your df folder/raw/interaction examples/interaction_region.txt

newtyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 11:23:49 pm »

I have no idea if this would work directly in RAWs. I do know that DFHack has a transformation script aimed for spellcasting mod makers so you could link that script up with your syndrome if you don't mind touching that and making your mod DFHack dependent.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 06:27:34 pm »

well this thread is a cool find, kind of gives me ideas on trying my own hand into making my own weather types for maybe a small mod i could make for maybe some fun stuff i'll do in the future with dwarf fortress and such, actually i am curious, what's a way to make a rainy weather that rains a type of blood that turns people who are either dead or alive into undead? (i mean i had a idea of wanting to make a sort of undead infection/undead apocalypse sort of mod for a long while before infectious ghouls were introduced into DF and after i sort of already discovered a small undead infection mod for a old version of DF once, tho the idea is more different as it focuses more so on a weather that causes those who get in contact with it to become infected and become undead or the previous idea being that the mod would make it so that in any biome or region when any creature or NPC dies in any biome they will resurrect into undead sort of walking dead zombie outbreak style in a sort of way, where everyone is infected just everyone can only turn into zombies only once they die in which their corpses will then be resurrected or whatever though i scrap that idea and now after seeing this i think it would be more easier to do this by creating a rainy weather that rains some sort of infected blood that turns anything alive or dead that gets in contact with it to turn into undead so yeah
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod