Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Lasting Clone War Multiplayer  (Read 1812 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Lasting Clone War Multiplayer
« on: July 10, 2022, 08:39:25 pm »

Well hello there, I'm your personal assistant and I will help you as you lead your people to victory. My designation is M-3 if you would to call me something else you can. In case you couldn't tell I am a clone. Please remind me of your name and which country you are leading in this conflict:

Name:(whatsoever you wish)
People/nation:(any fantasy/fiction race or species(all subject to OP(my) approval))

Now that that is out of the way let me introduce you to your clone army:

A)Small: 1d10+1 battalion + 1d10+1 squads produced/turn(good if you don't want to rely on clones as the bulk of your army, will require you to start recruitment campaigns and training camps to increase your army)
B)Decent: 2d10+2 corps + 2d10+2 companies produced/turn(good if you want a decent mix of non-clones and clones in your army and gives you enough of a fluff that you can wait a few turns to start recruitment campaigns and training camps)
C)Massive: 4d10+4 army groups + 4d10+4 brigades produced/turn(great if you don't want to tap your civilian pop for your army if you have to tap your civilians then you are already in trouble)
Note: All army sizes are based on the current US military definition and size as seen here.

You can always increase the clone production later, it will just require you to dedicate a large amount of resources and research to it.

We will get to the other stuff later once this sinks in a bit.

What is this?
This is a cross between 2 of my games: Clone Wars+A Lasting War.
Will this be 'single player' SG style or multiplayer style?
That is up to you the players if some want it multiplayer it will be:

Multiplayer:

1)Yes please
2)No thanks

If there is a mix I can make an single player and multiplayer version as people prefer.
If you have any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:26:35 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lasting Clone War
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 11:23:33 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 02:31:26 am »

Name: Big Bill McCoy
People: Wolfmen
Nation: Big Bill's Scrap Metal Recycling and Steel Foundry

Clone army:
A)Small:

Multiplayer: Yes please
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 07:53:18 pm »

Going to give this a couple more days before moving on to the next part. It looks like multiplayer is the choice so far(with the only vote). Remember if you have questions just ask.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 02:52:32 am »

If no one else is interested in multiplayer I'll go with single player.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 09:36:12 am »

Yeah, sorry, I prefer single player as well
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 02:24:29 pm »

Multiplayer yes please.

Name: Empress Estasia
Nation: Racist Fantasy Humans

Army: decent
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 03:37:03 pm »

I should probably not get involved in yet another game, but what the heck?

Multiplayer.

Massive army of clones. anyone who picks different is a fool.

Name: Aywen Ayes.
Nation: Anthropomorphic Ducks
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 08:26:21 pm »

Ok so it looks like there will be 2 going, a multiplayer and single player game. Still going to give another day for anyone else that wants to join. Will post the single player games soon.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lasting Clone War Multiplayer
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 08:53:27 am »

Nah, I was the only player wanting single player, and I planned to mainly watch anyway, don't count me in your choice.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 09:01:19 am »

Nah, I was the only player wanting single player, and I planned to mainly watch anyway, don't count me in your choice.
Fair point, enjoy the show.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:34 am »

I'm going to regret joining yet another game here, but oh well..

Multiplayer, please.

Massive army of clones.

Name: Jonathan Daily
People: Half-Humans (A race of clones that have been produced with an emphasis on quantity over quality. Most have some imperfection, like missing teeth, having too many fingers, only one eye..)
Nation: The land of eternal sunshine and happiness

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 10:22:33 pm »

Name: Big Bill McCoy
People: Wolfmen
Nation: Big Bill's Scrap Metal Recycling and Steel Foundry

Clone army:
A)Small:
Interesting, I think I have seen your enemies before.

Multiplayer yes please.

Name: Empress Estasia
Nation: Racist Fantasy Humans

Army: decent
That is very generic.

I should probably not get involved in yet another game, but what the heck?

Multiplayer.

Massive army of clones. anyone who picks different is a fool.

Name: Aywen Ayes.
Nation: Anthropomorphic Ducks

Have fun with those Humans.

Massive army of clones.

Name: Jonathan Daily
People: Half-Humans (A race of clones that have been produced with an emphasis on quantity over quality. Most have some imperfection, like missing teeth, having too many fingers, only one eye..)
Nation: The land of eternal sunshine and happiness
Hey Your like that Horatio guy, only he demanded that all his clones were beautiful.

Now I need to know a few things about your Nations:
1)Main economy producer
2)Highest tech researched
3)Time since last major conflict
4)Size of claimed land

Yes these a vague questions, build your nation as you want. I will use your answers to fill out pop, budget, tech level, economy, etc. Just keep in mind that if you decided to own anything bigger than a planet this will get big and I cannot make any kind of map for that(easily). I will let you decided how big the game gets.

Also there will be others out there(hint for those late you can join still) so you don't have to just fight each other(though you could).
Once you finish you nation building let me now if you want detailed nation stats or general. Detailed gets PMed general gets posted in spoiler. General will happen by default and even if you want detailed.

Once again any questions just ask them and thanks for playing.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 11:04:20 pm »

1)Main economy producer: Rice
2)Highest tech researched: Battleships
3)Time since last major conflict: 2 Years (unification war)
4)Size of claimed land: Archipelago
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 01:44:32 am »

1) Economy: growing genetically engineered TastyTM meat
2) Highest Tech: Advanced Fun Techniques
3) Last Conflict: 72 years ago against the centaurs to the south (they are dead / enslaved now)
4) Size: like Canada
Pages: [1] 2 3