Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Lasting Clone War Multiplayer  (Read 2016 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lasting Clone War Multiplayer
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 01:51:07 am »

Oh man I'm starting to feel that a large industrial complex run by clones is probably not the best thing to use as a base to start a war, especially when the war not only includes fighting the country the complex is in but with the others around it as well.

1)Main economy producer:
Raw steel (such as bars and sheets), and reclaimed metals, probably not gonna be getting much money from this when I start fighting with my home country.

2)Highest tech researched:
I'm gonna say some where in the 1980s.

3)Time since last major conflict:
Probably never been in a conflict as its an industrial site.

4)Size of claimed land:
I'm gonna say somewhere around 100 to 120 acres, and most of it is probably covered in large buildings and scrap metal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 02:14:30 am »

The half-humans have a metal shortage and are willing to trade. Do you like meat? It is real tastyTM.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 03:32:53 am »

1)Main economy producer: Agriculture/Aquaculture.
2)Highest tech researched: Cloning rites. (Ducks have late-medieval technology, augmented with ritual magic)
3)Time since last major conflict: 15 years
4)Size of claimed land: about 65'000 km2
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 04:19:03 am »

The half-humans have a metal shortage and are willing to trade. Do you like meat? It is real tastyTM.
Are we talking just trading meat for steel, or are we talking trading and potential alliance as well?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 05:47:58 am »

Are we talking just trading meat for steel, or are we talking trading and potential alliance as well?
Trading is a good starting point for a potential alliance. Besides literal Meat, we can also add meatshields - cheap, expendable half-human clones, ready to be trained for war. ;)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 02:53:27 am »

Trading is a good starting point for a potential alliance. Besides literal Meat, we can also add meatshields - cheap, expendable half-human clones, ready to be trained for war. ;)
Liking the sound of meat and meatshields, what kind of metal are you after because along with steel I also can give metal scrap in such flavors as aluminum, copper, bronze, iron, and maybe small amounts of other stuff.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 04:37:15 am »

Liking the sound of meat and meatshields, what kind of metal are you after because along with steel I also can give metal scrap in such flavors as aluminum, copper, bronze, iron, and maybe small amounts of other stuff.
Sounds great, let's do a package deal? Besides Steel, we're especially interested in copper, aluminium and maybe some smaller amounts of cobalt, nickel and zinc if you have any.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 04:58:16 am »

Sounds great, let's do a package deal? Besides Steel, we're especially interested in copper, aluminium and maybe some smaller amounts of cobalt, nickel and zinc if you have any.
I can do that, but cobalt probably isn't something I can get you, maybe small amounts of zinc, while nickel is something I could probably get you.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 12:20:32 am »

1)Main economy producer: Rice
2)Highest tech researched: Battleships
3)Time since last major conflict: 2 Years (unification war)
4)Size of claimed land: Archipelago
Ah yes your unification war, that's why you want the clones.

1) Economy: growing genetically engineered TastyTM meat
2) Highest Tech: Advanced Fun Techniques
3) Last Conflict: 72 years ago against the centaurs to the south (they are dead / enslaved now)
4) Size: like Canada
I have my suspicions about your meat.

Oh man I'm starting to feel that a large industrial complex run by clones is probably not the best thing to use as a base to start a war, especially when the war not only includes fighting the country the complex is in but with the others around it as well.

1)Main economy producer:
Raw steel (such as bars and sheets), and reclaimed metals, probably not gonna be getting much money from this when I start fighting with my home country.

2)Highest tech researched:
I'm gonna say some where in the 1980s.

3)Time since last major conflict:
Probably never been in a conflict as its an industrial site.

4)Size of claimed land:
I'm gonna say somewhere around 100 to 120 acres, and most of it is probably covered in large buildings and scrap metal.
Ah yes your taking over from the inside, well most the army is on another continent so good luck.

1)Main economy producer: Agriculture/Aquaculture.
2)Highest tech researched: Cloning rites. (Ducks have late-medieval technology, augmented with ritual magic)
3)Time since last major conflict: 15 years
4)Size of claimed land: about 65'000 km2
Ah yes your magic clones.

You all receive a status report from your respective assistant and get to decide how to spend you budget for the next month.

Spoiler: Half-Humans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Racist Fantasy Humans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anthropomorphic Ducks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfmen (click to show/hide)

Ok a little on the different stats:
POP: Your total population, growth is a percentage with modifiers from tech level and economy.
Tech Level: The average of all your techs and the type of main exporter you have.
Economy: Based on your main export and tech level(the start is also when your last war was).
Budget: Taxes on your pop(5%), economy, and tech level
Workforce: a percentage of your pop with modifiers from economy and when you had a war last
Army: You start with your clones, can be supplemented from WORKFORCE.

You can spend your budget on anything, every multiple of 10(eg: 10, 100, 1 000) allocated will see a possible improvement in said area(eg a new stat, better pop growth, tech improvement, etc.).

Be aware that tech level matters in battle, a tech 3 army can match a tech 2 army twice its size, while would need to be 8 times the size of a tech 6 to match it.

That is enough of an info dump for now. If you have any questions please ask.
PS: Trading start at the beginning of the next turn.

Also: PLEASE HAVE YOUR NATION NAME IN YOUR TURN POST, ONLY POST FOR YOUR TURN WITH YOUR NATION NAME IN IT WILL COUNT!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 05:14:29 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2022, 04:35:50 am »

So when it comes to my thing being a small company VS the world do I only control the 7K clones or do I also control the the six million people as well?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2022, 11:28:58 am »

Half-Humans:

So no trade this turn.

The half-humans spend 100M on tech (learning more about metallurgy to prepare for imports)
They spend 150M on improving clone production.
They spend 150M on subsidies to stimulate economic growth.
The other 86M is lost to bureaucratic overhead.

They also send 10k half-human clone soldiers to the wolfmen as a preview delivery, along with enough TastyTM meat to feed them for a turn.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2022, 11:43:25 am »

So when it comes to my thing being a small company VS the world do I only control the 7K clones or do I also control the the six million people as well?
The 6 million pop is under your preview so yes, you control them as well and since you have 100% workforce you actually control all of them.

Half-Humans:
The other 86M is lost to bureaucratic overhead.
Ah bureaucratic overhead. Have fun with what that spawns.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2022, 12:18:58 pm »

Anthropomorphic Ducks:
Spend 10M on population growth (fertility rites)
Spend 10M on technological advancement
Invest 10M in the economy
Spend 10M to entice more ducks into the workforce
Spend 10M on clones
Spend 14M to create a network of agents (spies) in the wolfman lands, focused on industrial espionage.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2022, 02:51:40 pm »

Racist Fantasy Humans ESTANIAN ALLEGIANCE
Spoiler: statrack (click to show/hide)

Personal: (totals 15.2 mil.)
Pay an Intern $100,000 to add an economy bullet to our stats. I don't care if it's accurate, I want one like the other empires!
Donate another $100,000 to charity. Aren't I nice?

$10,000,000 Imperial palace please.
$1,000,000 Minibar.
$1,000,000 Swimming pool.
$1,000,000 Bowling alley.
$1,000,000 Sound system.
$1,000,000 Catering.

Military: (totals 100 mil.)
$10,000,000 to build more warships.
$10,000,000 more clones.
$10,000,000 tanks.
$10,000,000 Workforce mobilization.
$10,000,000 experimental infantry weaponry.

$10,000,000 colonization of any uninhabited (or primitively inhabited) land.
$10,000,000 "cultural consolidation": propaganda, jailing dissidents, etc.
$10,000,000 rice subsidies.
$10,000,000 blue sky tech advancement.
$10,000,000 scouting.

((Broke everything into multiples of 10. Which means I ended up with a lot of projects because that seemed better than sinking $100,000,000 into one thing for now. Is this the sort of orders you like or would you prefer I put things differently? Hopefully all the individual actions don't give you too much trouble.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2022, 05:18:06 pm »

Racist Fantasy Humans ESTANIAN ALLEGIANCE
Spoiler: statrack (click to show/hide)

Personal: (totals 15.2 mil.)
Pay an Intern $100,000 to add an economy bullet to our stats. I don't care if it's accurate, I want one like the other empires!

((Broke everything into multiples of 10. Which means I ended up with a lot of projects because that seemed better than sinking $100,000,000 into one thing for now. Is this the sort of orders you like or would you prefer I put things differently? Hopefully all the individual actions don't give you too much trouble.))
Opps, sorry here you go:
Starting Economy: 0.5(poor)

Your budget orders are fine, do what you want, I'll just figure out how to put stuff.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: 1 [2] 3