Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to learn magic (5/8) Day 5  (Read 14770 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to learn magic (5/8) Day 5
« on: July 11, 2022, 04:25:46 pm »

Heyo. I'm back from the dead, and hopefully better and minimizing workload and preventing burnout. Not sure if any of the people I know from years past are still here, but I had the idea and figured I'd at least write it down and see who shows up. Looking for somewhere between 4 and 8 people for this, details down below.

For best results, read in Cave Johnson's voice.

All of you wake up in a grassy field, with missing memories. (At least, you assume they're missing.) You have some vague idea of who you were before, but everything seems blurry, practically illegible in your mind. Just feelings and flashes. The sky above you seems to be a deep blue, with only the wispiest of clouds. Despite the fact that there is clearly no sun visible in said sky, the area seems to be lit like its high noon.

Before anyone can react, a disembodied, booming voice rings out across the field. "Ah, yes." There's a sound of shuffling paperwork. "Now that you've all signed the consent forms, we can begin. I'll refresh your memory for you." You note the voice sounds rather average, volume aside. "You're all here, in this pocket dimension, because you've agreed to help me delve the depths of magic. You were all, in your past lives, the best and brightest mages in the world." He coughed, and then muttered to himself. "Well, not the best, after all none of the other archmages were willing to let me strip them of their defenses and memories and lock them in a pocket dimension for some reason. Paranoid bastards. But like, second best. Maybe third. Yeah, let's go with third." He cleared his throat again. "Anyways. Having delved the depths of magic as far as I can go, it is my hope that taking talented individuals and forcing them to work from the ground up will lead to new, even unprecedented magical discoveries. Just imagine! You all could rewrite the very laws of magic that we base our spellcasting on. No preconceived notion of how things should work, no stereotypes, and hardly any ability to even sense mana yet. Just raw talent."

"So that was our deal. You're here until you relearn magic well enough to force your way out of this pocket dimension. It won't be easy, mind you, but don't worry if it takes you awhile. The pocket's self sustaining, so there's no time limit. The whole things quite ingenious, really. All natural systems are either located inside, or duplicated well enough with dimensional trickery. There's plenty of raw resources to refine for enchanting or magical equipment, and that shed on the edge of the forest has a decent chunk of starting gear, nonmagically speaking. You won't have to worry about having a single change of clothes. No worries about starving either, there's plenty of fruiting trees, bugs, plants, animals. Oh! To keep things authentic, I did include a number of wild magical beasts. Look out for those, engage with caution, yadda yadda yadda. Don't piss off the blink deer, avoid the siren spiders, et cetera. If one of you do die, however, don't worry! We've got replacements."

"While I did strip your memories, intuition remains. Not going to make you all rediscover the concept of agriculture or metal tools, just the details." Another cough. "Well that's all for now. Time to get cracking! I'll check back in with you all at the end of the week. Well, end of the week for me, not for you. The whole damn thing's under time dilation, because I've not figured out immortality yet. Actually, scratch that, I'd time dilate it anyways. I'm impatient, and there's Science! to do. See you all in a month. Your time, that is."

Hmm. Just what have you signed yourself up for?

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bookkeeping (click to show/hide)

Depending on how many and how quickly people sign on, first turn might be as early as tonight, though tomorrow is far more likely. If signons are slow, first turn will be Wednesday assuming I have four by then. If I don't have four by then, I suppose the game could be considered closed. I've almost certainly forgot some critical detail or rule, but hopefully not! Been awhile since I've done one of these, but the idea of fleshing out my magical system from being more than just a framework as players try to uncover and break it sounded like a fun idea.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:20:21 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to learn magic
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 06:56:59 pm »

A new magical experimentation game? I'm in.

Spoiler: Nathan (click to show/hide)

"This will be grand old time! Nobody here is keeping me weak until I can.. Until I can.. Urgh, what was it again?

They were probably jealous over my phenomenal archmage potential. Yeah, that's it!

I'll start by trying to feel the elemental mana of earth and air. That seems like a promising start."

Sit down and meditate nearby.

Experiment 1,
Hypothesis: Earth and air mana are different, and this difference will help with learning to feel mana.
He will bury one hand in the topsoil, and hold the other in the air. While meditating, he will try to focus on all of the differences he can feel between the two.

Experiement 2,
Hypothesis: He has internal mana, which can be manipulated with mental imagry.
While meditating, he will focus on feeling each body part in turn. He will then try focusing on various mental images of moving mana, such as a bolt of lightning moving through his body and into a hand, a wave of water-like energy moving out from the center of his torso and into an arm, or earthy mana flowing into him from the ground like a tree, and will try to hold the images in his mind while feeling for differences.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 08:59:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apologies, I promise not to hurt you, but this will provide valuable data for me. Please do not be alarmed if something feels off.

Also sit down and meditate.

Experiment 1: Realize that if I need mana, why can’t I just absorb it from other mages? Try to make it as painless as possible.

Experiment 2: Inject some mana into the surroundings, in a attempt to gain some sort of control over it. Like a domain, or something.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 12:41:20 pm by Knightwing64 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 10:44:05 pm »

"...salutations."
Aaron looks at the two meditating supposedly-mages.
"Right, we're going to need to not starve while we're stuck in here, so excuse me while I go rifle through the shed for anything useful, and see if there's any river or body of water nearby."

Aaron does as stated: they go to look through the shed's contents, as well as try to locate a decent fishing spot.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:16:15 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 11:06:12 pm »

"Bah.  I'm going out exploring!"

Experiment 1.  The first distinction in all living things is between the self and not-self.  Identifying these boundaries sounds like a good beginning.  Find some other living object, and try to examine it magically.  Feel it, touch it, try to reach out with all my physical senses.  Try to remove these inputs and see what remains when the physical senses are discounted... can I sense where I end and where a piece of fruit begins?

Experiment 2.  Compare different locations.  It's possible for magic to be linked to places or environments rather than individual creatures or beings.  Nonphysical things, such as time or degree of sunlight or wetness may also matter.  Find two such different locations and see if they feel any different than they should when compared to each other.  Can I identify if such anomalous differences exist?  Try to find two similar places which differ only by one thing, such as a clearing with a rock in it and a clearing without a rock.  Does the rock make any inherant difference?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 02:17:03 am »

Sprint to the shed! Hypothesis is that motion is a kind of energy, so as I run I talk to the motion of my running and ask permission to use it! It should agree so long as I let it do the kinds of things motion likes to do.

When I'm at the shed I look for things I could use for killing things.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 02:18:55 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 07:44:17 am »

Welcome! These all look fine, though for the earlier joiners do note that I've updated the character sheet base with a couple more things like location and skills. I'll be tracking this myself of course but extra redundancy is extra redundancy.

An extra note on detail: I know there was an enchanter suggestion game awhile back, where people were actually drawing rune sigils to test out; we won't be doing that. I do have very clear mechanical ideas for how the base of the system interacts with everything, but trying to come up with a physical representation that fits all the edge cases and makes sense would be... no.

In any case, expect an update somewhere around nine hours from now. Got work, and all that jazz.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 12:40:39 pm »

Welcome! These all look fine, though for the earlier joiners do note that I've updated the character sheet base with a couple more things like location and skills. I'll be tracking this myself of course but extra redundancy is extra redundancy.

An extra note on detail: I know there was an enchanter suggestion game awhile back, where people were actually drawing rune sigils to test out; we won't be doing that. I do have very clear mechanical ideas for how the base of the system interacts with everything, but trying to come up with a physical representation that fits all the edge cases and makes sense would be... no.

In any case, expect an update somewhere around nine hours from now. Got work, and all that jazz.

Gotcha. I’ll include that

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to learn magic (5/8)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 05:07:25 pm »

Day 1, turn 1. Clear skies.

A new magical experimentation game? I'm in.

"This will be grand old time! Nobody here is keeping me weak until I can.. Until I can.. Urgh, what was it again?

They were probably jealous over my phenomenal archmage potential. Yeah, that's it!

I'll start by trying to feel the elemental mana of earth and air. That seems like a promising start."

Sit down and meditate nearby.

Experiment 1,
Hypothesis: Earth and air mana are different, and this difference will help with learning to feel mana.
He will bury one hand in the topsoil, and hold the other in the air. While meditating, he will try to focus on all of the differences he can feel between the two.

Experiement 2,
Hypothesis: He has internal mana, which can be manipulated with mental imagry.
While meditating, he will focus on feeling each body part in turn. He will then try focusing on various mental images of moving mana, such as a bolt of lightning moving through his body and into a hand, a wave of water-like energy moving out from the center of his torso and into an arm, or earthy mana flowing into him from the ground like a tree, and will try to hold the images in his mind while feeling for differences.

...maybe? You're not sure if the difference you're feeling is just in your head or if there is some actual difference there. Might just be this is a valid technique, but something too advanced for now. Also, you chip a nail on a buried rock. Ouch!

It takes two hours of practice, but you're stone certain that whatever tingle of energy you're feeling inside isn't just imagined. It's difficult to grasp, though. Moves extremely slowly, and snaps easily if you pull too hard, retreating back into the central blob (or however you want to visualize it). A decent analogy might be how oobleck and other non newtonians have give, but yank on it too quickly and it tears.

Also, the purple robed lad seems to be tugging on your arm. Aside from the awkwardness of an unknown man touching you for an extended period of time in near silence, nothing seems to happen.

All this meditating has you worn out! Lose 2 hunger.

Apologies, I promise not to hurt you, but this will provide valuable data for me. Please do not be alarmed if something feels off.

Also sit down and meditate.

Experiment 1: Realize that if I need mana, why can’t I just absorb it from other mages? Try to make it as painless as possible.

Experiment 2: Inject some mana into the surroundings, in a attempt to gain some sort of control over it. Like a domain, or something.

Nothing really seems to happen. No idea if that's because it's impossible, or if you failed simply because of a current lack of skill.

While you don't accomplish your goals, after two hours of intense meditation you are fairly certain you feel a tingling energy deep in the core of your being. Moving it more than a metaphorical smidge is far beyond your current skill, unfortunately.

Whew, thinking is hard work! Lose 2 hunger.

"...salutations."
Aaron looks at the two meditating supposedly-mages.
"Right, we're going to need to not starve while we're stuck in here, so excuse me while I go rifle through the shed for anything useful, and see if there's any river or body of water nearby."

Aaron does as stated: they go to look through the shed's contents, as well as try to locate a decent fishing spot.

Right. Down to business. You're passed by a... sprinting catgirl? She beats you to the shed, though you arrive not long after. A fairly standard, if poorly provisioned affair. Basic tents, blankets, padding. Simple tools such as swords, knives, axes, shovels, pickaxes, all in limited qualities. Torches, linen, etc. etc. Nothing obviously magical, though. There also seems to be a day or two worth of smoked or salted meats. The shed looks extremely rickety. If it rains, leaks seem pretty likely.

You're not really sure if any particular part of the river is better than any other part, but there is indeed a river running from North to South, on the West side of the field. Seems to be coming from the forest. Presumably, there's fish in here? You're not really sure how a river works with a pocket dimension and time dilation, but presumably (and hopefully) won't be a problem.

There's still a good chunk of time left, but you just spend it reflecting on your current situation.
Lose 1 hunger.

Sprint to the shed! Hypothesis is that motion is a kind of energy, so as I run I talk to the motion of my running and ask permission to use it! It should agree so long as I let it do the kinds of things motion likes to do.

When I'm at the shed I look for things I could use for killing things.

You sprint past the red haired lad. First to the shed! Unfortunately, sprinting and baby level magic seem to not combine well. You get nothing.

There are indeed swords, knives, and axes in the shed. Buncha other useless crap, too.

Presumably you keep thinking about motion, afterwards. You might feel something inside? You're not sure if you're imagining it or not, and if it is real, it certainly doesn't taste, smell, feel, (or any other metaphorical language for discussing a sixth sense), like motion.

Your tummy rumbles. Lose 2 hunger.

"Bah.  I'm going out exploring!"

Experiment 1.  The first distinction in all living things is between the self and not-self.  Identifying these boundaries sounds like a good beginning.  Find some other living object, and try to examine it magically.  Feel it, touch it, try to reach out with all my physical senses.  Try to remove these inputs and see what remains when the physical senses are discounted... can I sense where I end and where a piece of fruit begins?

Experiment 2.  Compare different locations.  It's possible for magic to be linked to places or environments rather than individual creatures or beings.  Nonphysical things, such as time or degree of sunlight or wetness may also matter.  Find two such different locations and see if they feel any different than they should when compared to each other.  Can I identify if such anomalous differences exist?  Try to find two similar places which differ only by one thing, such as a clearing with a rock in it and a clearing without a rock.  Does the rock make any inherant difference?

You get nothing, aside from a piece of fruit. Add a pear to your inventory.
If there is magic inside, you can't sense it yet. You... might be sensing something inside yourself, however, in the process of meditation? Hard to tell for sure.

Same with the previous experiment, if there's magic in the air you're not sure you're sensing anything just yet. This grove of pear trees feels the same as out in the grassy area, aside from sunlight and such. That internal tingling sense does grow in strength, however. You're almost certain it's not imaginary.

Despite a number of hours passing, it still seems to be high noon, at least regarding the light in the sky. Your hunger grows. Lose 2 hunger.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

So, this did indeed take a bit to put together. Maybe an hour, or so? Some of that was thinking of formatting things, but definitely a good idea to limit this to eight. Hopefully this feels like the right level of progress ambiguity for everyone, certainly feel free to give any feedback you have as you think of it! Oh also just to reconfirm for everyone. I'm gonna be a lot more forgiving with ones and sixes than some people might otherwise be. Going for a fairly... realistic feel to things, so you're unlikely to randomly trip while sprinting if you roll a one, unless the terrain is really bumpy (as an example.)

Assuming your action and environment are fairly harmless, ones and sixes are unlikely to be very painful.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 05:09:16 pm by johiah »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 05:23:13 pm »

Serrated knife, straight knife, hatchet, flint and steel... all good stuff to grab. Good for butchering catches and making a fire. Actually, add a basket to that, best to carry stuff around like that.
Once those all were gathered, Aaron settled down and set about fishing. Having a solid food source was important.
As he waited at the riverside, he pondered the minds of the fish he sought to catch. They were attracted to the prospect of food, but ran from the sudden moves that indicated the possibility of predation. Balancing rewards with risks. Would that not imply that their manipulation would be predicated on the manipulation of their perception of each? Indeed, would that not be the method to control any mind, however primitive or advanced?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 05:33:25 pm »

"Hey, read haired kid! Do you like meat? I betcha do!"

Eat dried meat. Then take up arms to go make some more meat!
I like pointy things, let's grab a pickaxe and a small sword as backup.

Run off in a direction which seems like it'd have creatures made outta food in 'em. Big or small, so long as I can catch them!

If I can, try to think about what kind of energy is inside me. Or what it wants to be? If I let it go, what would it become?
I think it might want to be heat, if it weren't magic-stuff. Heat is... simple, primal. If you just put a lot of energy somewhere, you're sure to see some heat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:45:44 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 06:28:55 pm »

"Mana seems to gather in one central point inside me. I can sense it, but can barely move it. Maybe I can push it into something, to help with sensing practice."

Go to the northwest forest and pick a pear.

Experimental hypothesis: Mana can be moved from myself and into an object. At my current skill, Mana needs to remain connected to the core to be controlled.
Meditate with a pear in my hand (or a rock if I can't pick one), held up against my chest next to the mana blob. Try to slowly move a small piece of mana directly into the pear, with a stretchy string blob connecting them. If I can get it into the pear, try to hold it there. Verbally tell it to stay in the pear, then break the tether and see whether the blob remains, returns to me, or dissipates into the air.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 08:04:57 pm »

Eat a pear.

"Okay.  So I have magic, and it's inside me.  And it's coming from me, not something else.

Well, it might be coming from something else like the sky or the ground or something, but I'll decide how to test that later."

"I know something bad happened with magic before.  Maybe it's like air in a balloon.  Maybe I'll keep filling up with magic until I'll pop!"

"That feeling might have been a bit stronger than it was when I started.. maybe?"

Close my eyes for a moment and estimate how long it takes for me to feel the thingy.  Write that time down in the notebook.

For now, collect more pears.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:11:03 pm by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 08:22:20 pm »

Try to use some mana and force it into various crude constructs, like swords or arrows.

After this, try to find some food and maybe set up a basic shelter.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 11:15:35 pm »

Day 1, turn 2. Clear skies.

Serrated knife, straight knife, hatchet, flint and steel... all good stuff to grab. Good for butchering catches and making a fire. Actually, add a basket to that, best to carry stuff around like that.
Once those all were gathered, Aaron settled down and set about fishing. Having a solid food source was important.
As he waited at the riverside, he pondered the minds of the fish he sought to catch. They were attracted to the prospect of food, but ran from the sudden moves that indicated the possibility of predation. Balancing rewards with risks. Would that not imply that their manipulation would be predicated on the manipulation of their perception of each? Indeed, would that not be the method to control any mind, however primitive or advanced?
You grab all of those things, tossing them into a basket.
Ignoring the catperson, you wander towards the river. A number of fish are caught despite being baitless, though you also manage to snag your thumb on the hook. Ouch! Lose 1 health, gain 3 bluegills (fresh). Add basic fishing to your skills.

Might be too early in your magical journey to jump into mind manipulation. Hard to tell, though, as you have quite literally zero data points currently. If nothing else, at least the contemplation and fishing are somewhat relaxing.

Fishing would normally be low energy, but getting so many bites is quite draining! Lose 3 hunger.

"Hey, read haired kid! Do you like meat? I betcha do!"

Eat dried meat. Then take up arms to go make some more meat!
I like pointy things, let's grab a pickaxe and a small sword as backup.

Run off in a direction which seems like it'd have creatures made outta food in 'em. Big or small, so long as I can catch them!

If I can, try to think about what kind of energy is inside me. Or what it wants to be? If I let it go, what would it become?
I think it might want to be heat, if it weren't magic-stuff. Heat is... simple, primal. If you just put a lot of energy somewhere, you're sure to see some heat.

((Remember to add Location to your player sheet))

Red hair seems to be ignoring you. Rude! Shrugging, you eat some of the dried meat. Hunger refreshed.

A pickaxe and shortsword are grabbed, alongside a belt to hold them. Hmm. The dress might get inconvenient. Grumble grumble, incompetent planners grumble grumble. Then you realize that it's very well possible that you're the one that chose to wear this. Well, once you get out and get your memories back, you'll deal with them then. Add the above to your inventory.

Hmm. Creatures made of food? Forests probably have that! Small woodland creatures flee before your pickaxe, but eventually you stumble upon a lamed deer. Easy prey. Three swings, and the deer is dead. You scratch your chin. Butchering a deer with nothing but a shortsword and a pickaxe might be hard. Oh, you've also got quite a lot of blood on you, now. Pickaxes aren't the cleanest tool. 1 deer corpse added to forest details. Add basic combat to your skills

Hmm. You do a lot of thinking. The heat thing seems promising, but you don't get very far. The forest sounds are distracting, and you can't help but feel like there are eyes on you...

All this fighting, thinking, and paranoia has you worn out! Lose 2 hunger.

"Mana seems to gather in one central point inside me. I can sense it, but can barely move it. Maybe I can push it into something, to help with sensing practice."

Go to the northwest forest and pick a pear.

Experimental hypothesis: Mana can be moved from myself and into an object. At my current skill, Mana needs to remain connected to the core to be controlled.
Meditate with a pear in my hand (or a rock if I can't pick one), held up against my chest next to the mana blob. Try to slowly move a small piece of mana directly into the pear, with a stretchy string blob connecting them. If I can get it into the pear, try to hold it there. Verbally tell it to stay in the pear, then break the tether and see whether the blob remains, returns to me, or dissipates into the air.

Pear acquired! Gain 1 pear.

With great difficulty, you slowly and painstakingly stretch out a blob of that energy inside you towards the pear. When it snaps, the effect is instantaneous, and painful. You lose hold of the remaining part, and it dissipates to nothing. The string rebounds rapidly into your core, sending the whole thing shaking and spinning. Pain lances through your body, waves of shakes and sudden sweat roll across your skin, as you feel like you are burning up and freezing simultaneously. The experience is... enlightening, in some sense. You definitely grabbed too much when you were trying to stretch it, and certainly know not to do that again. Lose 2 health, 2 mana.

You spend the next two hours trying to manage your breathing and recover some semblance of normalcy. The pain and experiences fade, slowly. By the end you feel mostly back to normal. Was that... mana sickness? Something else? Lose 1 hunger.

Eat a pear.

"Okay.  So I have magic, and it's inside me.  And it's coming from me, not something else.

Well, it might be coming from something else like the sky or the ground or something, but I'll decide how to test that later."

"I know something bad happened with magic before.  Maybe it's like air in a balloon.  Maybe I'll keep filling up with magic until I'll pop!"

"That feeling might have been a bit stronger than it was when I started.. maybe?"

Close my eyes for a moment and estimate how long it takes for me to feel the thingy.  Write that time down in the notebook.

For now, collect more pears.

Reestablishing your connection to that tingling sensation, with your current skill level, takes maybe fifteen minutes. Presumably, this practice will make it faster for next time. Your concentration is broken when the white robed man strides over, and snatches a pear.

You grab more than half of the pears in the grove, (how are you gonna carry all these with just your hands!) stopping only when the white robed man gasps aloud and topples over from his seated position in the grass. The hairs on his skin seems to be doing the wave, and sweat and tensed muscles are rippling across his body. It looks intensely unpleasant. Gain 9 pears. Add basic foraging to your skills.

Lose 2 hunger.

Try to use some mana and force it into various crude constructs, like swords or arrows.

After this, try to find some food and maybe set up a basic shelter.

Another task that seems to be far beyond your current skill. You do, however, get faster at connecting to the tingle, as well as moving it around, and even stretching it slightly. Pulling a strand off, and out past your skin feels extremely odd. Your face beads with sweat holding the strand out, and it soon recedes back into your core, sending the whole thing wobbling slightly.

Hmm. Basic shelter. There's a shed over there, and some trees off in the distance. Do those count?

You spend the rest of your time pondering how to build a shelter, but don't actually accomplish any of it.

That was some hungry thinking! Lose 3 hunger.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Hmm, an hour while engaged in a fairly involved conversation at the same time. Not too shabby!

Oh, and regarding magic skills. I'll tell you when to add a skill to your notes, but bookkeeping your magical abilities is entirely up to you. I don't want to affect your observations by labeling anything. (Though I will, of course, be keeping track on my personal doc)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12