Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to learn magic (5/8) Day 5  (Read 15688 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to learn magic
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 11:51:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Guys! I caught something! Help me move it to the shack! And make a fire!"

Move deer to shack! The best discoveries are made on a full belly, with fresh good food!
If there's more time, gather stuff to make a fire and roast deer with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 12:19:02 am »

Ugh. Well, shit happens, and three fish were caught. Now they just need to be butchered and cooked. Which requires a fire.
Aaron walked off to the woods to gather sticks and kindling, before returning to the riverside to start a small campfire upon which he would cook his catch. The hatchet could be used to hack sticks off trees, the serrated knife could be used to saw stuff off if necessary or to make wood shavings to help the fire catch, the straight knife would help with the fish... hopefully, this would go well, and he could have a nice meal.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 01:43:20 am »

(I figure the uniform has a belt of sorts on it to carry the notebook and water.)

Stand well away from the old guy.  He might explode!
Leave four pears for him in case he doesn't.

Eat pears until I feel full again, and head back to the starting area.  Go look around for stuff in the shed.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 01:49:56 am by Devastator »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 03:16:37 pm »

Spoiler: Nathan (click to show/hide)

Collect the pears Alice left, eat until full, carry the rest, follow the catgirl's shout, and help bring the deer back to the shed.
Find a shovel or something shovel-like, and begin cutting the grass into squares of sod, with the intent to put them on the roof of the shed so it doesn't leak.

"I learned something useful, only try to control a tiny piece of mana at once. The magical backlash if you lose control and it snaps back into you is explosively painful."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 06:47:31 pm »

Hurry and eat some pears, take the ones left over, if none are left over, sneakily rob someone of a few pears.

Experiment with the tingling sensation, trying to see what it does.

Hey, has anyone learned anything about magic? I’m still kinda at a blank here, other then magical tingling sensation.

Find a animal to tame for a companion while on my way to the shed, these other “mages” aren’t a very talkative bunch.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 09:29:34 pm »

Day 1, turn 3. Mildly cloudy.

"Guys! I caught something! Help me move it to the shack! And make a fire!"

Move deer to shack! The best discoveries are made on a full belly, with fresh good food!
If there's more time, gather stuff to make a fire and roast deer with.

A friend shows up to help, and with great effort you manage to move the deer to the shed. Maybe the skinny older man and the young lady weren't the best choice for manual labor.

The butchering... does not go well. The butchering tools get covered in blood and all slippery, you manage to cut yourself a number of times, and the deer resists your best efforts. Meowch! -2 health, -2 hunger.

Ugh. Well, shit happens, and three fish were caught. Now they just need to be butchered and cooked. Which requires a fire.
Aaron walked off to the woods to gather sticks and kindling, before returning to the riverside to start a small campfire upon which he would cook his catch. The hatchet could be used to hack sticks off trees, the serrated knife could be used to saw stuff off if necessary or to make wood shavings to help the fire catch, the straight knife would help with the fish... hopefully, this would go well, and he could have a nice meal.
Twigs, sticks, and smaller branches are readily available on the forest floor. You even find a younger tree which had fallen over and broken to pieces. Before long you have quite the nice pile of various sizes of wood, out by the river. River details updated. Basic foraging learned.
It takes some effort, but you do manage to get the fire to catch. You feed slowly larger twigs and sticks in, growing the fire high enough that it can be used for cooking. Soon, you have a nice bed of coals, and some decent flames. River details updated.
Ouch! Knives are sharp. Numerous small nicks on fingers, and a decent amount of blood everywhere later, you manage to gut the fish and prepare it for cooking. A flat rock is lugged over and tilted towards the heat, and you do a... well, calling it passable might be too generous, but at least the slabs of fish are cooked. You eat one, and save the other for later. -1 health. 1 'cooked' fish filet gained. 2 hunger gained. -1 bluegill.
Unflavored fish isn't really the best flavor. Oh well. You fail to cook the other two fish, wasting time staring off into the sky at a rather pretty cloud.

(I figure the uniform has a belt of sorts on it to carry the notebook and water.)

Stand well away from the old guy.  He might explode!
Leave four pears for him in case he doesn't.

Eat pears until I feel full again, and head back to the starting area.  Go look around for stuff in the shed.

The old guy does not explode, thankfully. You leave him four pears, before nomming on three yourself. -7 pears. +4 hunger.

You see all the things in the shed. (Listed in locations.) Less, now, that the others have gone rummaging through it. Still plenty to equip yourself, however.

There's still quite a lot of time left, so you presumably just spend it practicing. Twelve minutes, now, and the sense of the energy becomes more defined.

Spoiler: Nathan (click to show/hide)

Collect the pears Alice left, eat until full, carry the rest, follow the catgirl's shout, and help bring the deer back to the shed.
Find a shovel or something shovel-like, and begin cutting the grass into squares of sod, with the intent to put them on the roof of the shed so it doesn't leak.

"I learned something useful, only try to control a tiny piece of mana at once. The magical backlash if you lose control and it snaps back into you is explosively painful."
You collect the pears Alice left for you. Yum, they're quite tasty! 2 pears gained. +3 hunger.

Dragging a deer through the woods is bloody work, and your back isn't what it used to be. You get it there eventually, though.

You spend the rest of the time trying to cut sod blocks out of the topsoil, but your back problems rear their head once more, and you don't make much progress. -3 hunger.

Hurry and eat some pears, take the ones left over, if none are left over, sneakily rob someone of a few pears.

Experiment with the tingling sensation, trying to see what it does.

Hey, has anyone learned anything about magic? I’m still kinda at a blank here, other then magical tingling sensation.

Find a animal to tame for a companion while on my way to the shed, these other “mages” aren’t a very talkative bunch.

All of the low hanging pears are gone! Your attempts to gather them result in falling out of a tree. Ouch! Lose 1 health.

The tinglexperiments go slightly better. You're distracted by a pair of people huffily dragging a dead deer past you, but you do make tingleprogress. The sense grows more defined, you're definitely feeling something. It feels more like a fuzzy blob, now.

Man, the world just hates you today. Your attempts at finding an animal companion result in you stumbling across a wolf. It looks angry, and you have no tools! Lose 1 health. Fighting wolf, 6/6 health.

Furthermore, your hunger grows from all these exertions. Lose 1 hunger.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

One more turn, and then the nighttime turn. If everyone votes on this coming turn, we'll just skip the night as everyone sleeps. If anyone wants to stay awake (beyond basic guard duty, if you want to do that,) they'll get a -1 to all rolls tomorrow but will get the extra turn.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 10:27:23 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 09:50:22 pm »

(Move deer corpse from forest location to shack, please.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 10:18:49 pm »

"Oh good.  If I'm going to explode it at least won't be quickly."

"Would you like any help with that deer?"

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2022, 10:27:53 pm »

(Move deer corpse from forest location to shack, please.)
(There's always something I miss. Fixed!)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2022, 10:44:47 pm »

"Yes! Need it have it cooked before nightfall ideally, so it doesn't go bad."

Butcher, fire, cook, eat, sleep.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2022, 11:06:48 pm »

Help Butcher.

Set up a shelter using one of the tents and bedding.

"Did you explode?  You're all messy."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 11:10:49 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2022, 11:11:44 pm »

"I'm fine. I guess a pickaxe isn't best for killing things cleanly. I still think it's good though, I recall having to punch through armor..."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2022, 11:14:08 pm »

"Oh.. Well, that sounds cool.  And awful.  Why did you have to punch through armour?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2022, 11:35:03 pm »

"T'kill things with armor, of course."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2022, 11:56:02 pm »