Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The City of Sin IC Thread. Chapter 2: Dog Days.  (Read 11843 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be spanked.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 01:13:00 pm by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: The City of Sin IC Thread. Prologue: Fresh Meat.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 09:07:46 am »

~~Prologue: Fresh Meat~~

"Uhambra, the city of fortune. Where if you're lucky you can get spat on by rich idiots instead of lowly thugs.

No matter how they try to spin it, this city and everyone in it is damned. No matter how they try to save themselves, they will all pay."

The Uhambra Guard Force Headquarters, one of the landmarks of the Gran Via, although not particularly loved, was as busy as always. Paperwork, people running to get to their posts in time, guards in training and training guards. And in one of the briefing rooms, six of those new recruits were waiting when their trainer entered the room.

: Good day, recruits. Today is finally the day, your last day of training.

"Sergeant Angstrom was one of those old dogs in a profession where they die young. Though in this case this was the result of him being too honest to be let near the action, lest he ruins the facade for everyone else. Had he only accepted to play ball, he may have been a lieutenant or even a captain. Had he tried to play too much, he'd have ended forcefully retired or under the ground by now.

: And for your last day your test is a fight with another squad of recruits about to graduate as well. I take it you all received your weapons and tomes by now, right? As for your machine, The sergeant turned to Nicoletta. It's been approved for use in this training, though barely. If it doesn't fall apart, the chiefs agreed to let you use for regular service.

//Sister Vervain, Rykvaard of Grenias, Valric Zales, Elyna Lavigne, Nicoletta Laporta and Philomena Watson are in!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Rykvaard had acquiesced to the training, though privately he felt he hadn't needed it; he had been trained for a similar duty his whole life already. Naturally he had done quite well, but he didn't draw attention to that fact. It wasn't important. All that mattered was successfully getting through the trials and getting access to a job that gave him the means to support himself and Valdemar and also gave him an excuse to investigate a little on the side.

"Yes, sir. I'll do my best."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While training felt pointless after all the hoops he had to jump through in hopes of making his magic affinity make itself visible to others, there was no point on questioning this. Hopefully they were going to be on the streets soon to deal with some serious and risky situations. So for now he gave a brief nod and reached for his rapier.
"Very well then. I am ready."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, yeah," Nicoletta said, crossing her arms even as her expression remained pleasant.

"It's not gonna fall apart, I'm the one who built it." A place like the guard headquarters, smack dab on the Gran Via itself - it wasn't like she was going to fool herself by thinking they'd have taken her in if they hadn't wanted to make use of the machine.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Philomena Watson was a woman of action, but not a woman of combat.

Getting her hands dirty was, usually, not Watson's oeuvre. Assault and murder were (technically) crimes in the grand city of Uhambra, and Watson had a strict rule against engaging in illegal activity. No weapons except where necessary, combat to be avoided at all costs.

It was easier to explain, after all. A dead body was harder to explain away than a man keeling over a latrine vomiting up the contents of his lunch after an ill-timed meeting with some dark magic.

Still, she'd picked up some skill, here and there. A knife hidden in the boot was, while cliche, not an inelegant solution to a rough, thuggish boor who mistook Watson for some naive newcomer with less sense than money. And if someone threatening Watson's client were to fall ill with a case of the shits for a little bit -never enough to kill, of course, but inconvenience- well, they'd never know why, would they?

It was still a learning experience. Watson was not a fighter, and this new assignment of hers was going to need a little more than her connections and her skills. She adjusts the cuffs on her sleeves, fiddling with her collar. Poise, practicality, precaution. That was the name of the game. A strong first impression.

"I assume this isn't a live-fire test?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:00:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: Of course not. Uhambra always needs new guards, we can't afford to let any recruit go to waste. There will be medical attendance after the test and healing staves are allowed for it, though you won't be provided any medicine for use during it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

A new batch, hmm. Hopefully they'd have a better fate than the last lot.

Standing close to the new recruits, Sister Vervain stood out even among the motley non-uniform uniforms of the guard. Unlike most of the others, she wore no armour at all, not even a pauldron or helm, and carried no weapon. Instead, she was dressed in the black-and-white of a nun, cloth covering her eyes.

Perhaps incongruously, she was smoking a cigarette on a long holder, letting out curls of fragrant smoke.

"Don't worry, darling. As long as the important bits stay on I can probably put you back together."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"I'll do my best to keep them on, then, sister."
Watson eyes her up and down.

Definitely no nun she'd ever met before. But then, people of the cloth weren't the most common procurers of Watson's services. Very little need for fine wines and cheeses or rare jewellry after vespers.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Receiving assistance of a healer instead of relying on medicine will be appreciated."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Why, I'm glad to hear it. The last group were very unappreciative."
She smiled, red, red lips curving in amusement.
"All the same, darling, please do try to avoid needing said assistance, if you can."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

An unusual group we have here...

Rykve eyed the other members of the team.

"I'll try not to tax you too much, Sister."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Student of White magic was still gathering some things, mostly her thoughts at this time, while trying to get ready for the upcoming ordeal of having a training session. It's not like she couldn't need one, Elyna had become a bit rusted over the years. She couldn't explain her failure back then otherwise. But this was a new opportunity and she should at least try to give it her all. (And maybe stay present with her thoughts for now).

"Yes, i'm ready in case anybody was waiting for me. I hope not, i do not wish to hold anybody back after all!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:38:37 pm by Sora »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: Very well then, follow me.

The sergeant led the recruits to a training room where six other recruits were waiting, who loudly complained when they saw the big machine being wheeled in.

"More fodder for the meat grinder that was the city's rough neighborhoods, they should be glad they would get some experience for their eventual end.

They shouldn't be allowed to have that kind of weapon!

: Criminals shouldn't be allowed to have any kind of weapons, but they do. You're going to have to learn to deal with it or be glad this is just practice. Now get ready!

Once everyone was in position, Angstrom gave the signal to begin the fight.

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info & Objectives (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18