Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 34519 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2022, 01:37:53 pm »

"Copy. If you don't know Gothic, don't come. That's asking for trouble."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2022, 02:17:27 pm »

"...Sigh ...I do know Gothic.... Unfortunately."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2022, 02:29:38 pm »

"I will admit that it is unrefined. I will reiterate that it is necessary down here."

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2022, 03:52:25 pm »

"Unrefined? Unrefined!!! How dare you!!!" Tallion responds over the vox in Low Gothic, clearly offended. "I was trained by some of the finest tutors that House Ansgar of Craftworld Kaelor had to offer, and I've spent years more traveling the void with the Twilight Swords. I assure you I speak this gutteral, common, tongue that the Mon'Keigh use quite well..." His pride and temper getting the better of him momentarily. "I just don't like using it when I don't need to."

He then takes a second to recompose himself. "But if you insist... Sigh... I'm on my way down now, where should the shuttle land?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2022, 12:31:26 pm »

"Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to say 'you poor thing, it must have been hard to endure the mental horrors of learning and speaking this barbaric language, putting your very soul on the line, risking corruption from the She-damned apes.' If you've traveled the void you have no doubt seen the enemy though the gaps in the webway and yet here you are complaining about the fucking livestock, at least they make better conversation than pompous asshat pirates!

Ah yes, and our co-ords are [***.**/***.**], I look forwards to working with you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2022, 01:48:33 pm »

"And I suppose my part is for the teeth? It is certainly something unexpected. I can make something that would fool an armature with little effort even in my current state. How soon will you need this done, my lord?"

"Yes, your part are the teeth and I would like priority if possible. We longer the wait, the more time my fellow Traders spend warring uselessly."

"Are you able to recommend a hide-worker capable of doing the appropriate work on the skin?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2022, 07:44:16 pm »

"Yes, your part are the teeth and I would like priority if possible. We longer the wait, the more time my fellow Traders spend warring uselessly."

"Are you able to recommend a hide-worker capable of doing the appropriate work on the skin?"

"You have full priority, my Lord. I simply wish to know if I will spend the next day, week, or month on the project. The more time I spend the more details I can add. The more detail I add, the harder it would be to spot as a fake."

He taps his stick thoughtfully.

"I'm afraid I can think of no one with a talent for aging hide artificially. Best hidworker I've met was a drum maker two villages over. She ended up worse than I did, think she taught her daughter before going to the Emperor's side. Now that I think of it there was another who might help. When my bonded mount died I had a visitor in the medic tent. A fan of my scrimshaw, he said. Someone who specializes in making replicas of fallen Dinos. People get real attached to their Dinos. Loosing mine was worse than loosing me leg. Some arn't right in the head after, and making a statue of them to keep around is supposed to help with that if its good enough. Supposed to be popular with powerful chiefs and peachkeepers. Didn't mean much to me. I'll never see again and will meet back with him before too long anyway. But a rider can recognize a bounded mount better than they can recognize themselves in a mirror. If what he said is true then that's the type of man who could make a fake hide that'd trick just about anyone."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2022, 09:41:39 pm »

A few hours after Tallion is given the coordinates a shuttle lands and out he steps, Long Rifle in hand. Upon seeing Indriana though, he pauses; eyebrow raised in confusion. "I didn't know you had a... pet?... with you." He says to Kadia. "Now I see what you meant by 'She-damned apes'... I've never encountered anything quite like it... Is it capable of higher thought, or is it more bestial in nature?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2022, 10:00:38 pm »

Kedia shrugs.
"I'll introduce you to our Head of Security as soon as you introduce yourself."

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2022, 11:36:37 pm »

"Oh where are my manners, I'm Tallion of the Twilight Swords. It is a pleasure to meet..." He pauses mid-sentence as something the seer said fully registers. "Did you just say it's our head of security? This? Our Head of Security?" He asks, incredulously. Letting out a deep sigh, he wonders to himself once more just how far his people have fallen.

Shaking the thought from his head momentarily, he tries to press forward. "Where was I... Oh yes, a pleasure to meet you... both." He glances once more at Indra as he says the last bit. "Pray tell, towards what purpose are you so far from local 'civilization'? What is it exactly we seek here?" He asks, gesturing towards the nearby village.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2022, 02:23:28 am »

A few hours after Tallion is given the coordinates a shuttle lands and out he steps, Long Rifle in hand. Upon seeing Indriana though, he pauses; eyebrow raised in confusion. "I didn't know you had a... pet?... with you." He says to Kadia. "Now I see what you meant by 'She-damned apes'... I've never encountered anything quite like it... Is it capable of higher thought, or is it more bestial in nature?"

Fool
Indaria remains silent, letting the fool make the same mistake as many other prey have made, simply watching, waiting, and considering exactly how she'd go about killing it if it decided to attack.
Kedia shrugs.
"I'll introduce you to our Head of Security as soon as you introduce yourself."
"Oh where are my manners, I'm Tallion of the Twilight Swords. It is a pleasure to meet..." He pauses mid-sentence as something the seer said fully registers. "Did you just say it's our head of security? This? Our Head of Security?" He asks, incredulously. Letting out a deep sigh, he wonders to himself once more just how far his people have fallen.

Shaking the thought from his head momentarily, he tries to press forward. "Where was I... Oh yes, a pleasure to meet you... both." He glances once more at Indra as he says the last bit. "Pray tell, towards what purpose are you so far from local 'civilization'? What is it exactly we seek here?" He asks, gesturing towards the nearby village.
Have to work with it apparently.
Mentally reminding herself that it's a person, not prey, Indaria then internally acknowledged that she needed to try to work with him.
"We're checking the psychic imprint here for chaos containation. Gives us a chance to see how well trained these Raptors are and how effective they are in combat."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2022, 08:44:48 am »

"Assume at least a week. Perhaps more depending on how much time the hide-worker will need to do their part."

"Thank you. Do you have any further information that could help find that famous replica creator?"

Let's see if we can find the hideworker's daughter and the replica-maker.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2022, 06:58:25 pm »

"Assume at least a week. Perhaps more depending on how much time the hide-worker will need to do their part."

"Thank you. Do you have any further information that could help find that famous replica creator?"

Let's see if we can find the hideworker's daughter and the replica-maker.

"I do not. Unfortunately I had no reason to gain or retain any information on him. Your request simply reminded me of his offer. I will begin working in earnest as soon as it is delivered to me, or me to it."

He returns to his day job as you pursue your next target.

The drum maker's daughter is in fact two villages over. A young woman who would be around enlistment age on a less militaristic planet, wearing the standard camouflaged pattern padded armor with a cloak of the same material. On her back is a lightly modified lasgun with a prominent scope. She has a black eye, presumably from a fist fight rather than an unfortunate incident with said scope.

"You wanna buy one of my mom's old drums? Don't know what to charge for them in all honesty."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2022, 08:38:55 am »

Send the message to get the scrimshawer transported to the corpse's storage so he can begin work asap.

"I actually wanted to confirm whether your mother passed on her knowledge to you, as I need a skilled hideworker for an important assignment."
>Yes?

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2022, 02:25:04 am »

By the gods! It can speak... He thinks to himself, jolting in surprise when Indaria speaks.

"Ahem... Well... Good then... Lead on and we shall see if there is any contamination by the dark powers..." He replies, motioning to the other two. Though he does eye Indaria warily as he does so, given her clear mutations.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47