Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 34376 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 02:34:17 pm »

Latter.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 10:50:12 pm »

Latter.

You narrowly fail to give coherent directions to the Lord-Captain. He slams right into the Rift. As violent as that sounds it is the equivalent of a sailing ship going over a windless sea, you simply stop moving and drift forward at a snails pace. At least you don't stab yourself again.

Day thirteen and fourteen pass in the rift. The windless sea suddenly becomes a hurricane: you are engulfed in a Warp Storm. The Eldar is able to see the storm brewing and warn the stalwart Lord-Captain of a safe path. He finds it impossible to take with the rift slowing him down, it hits the Ark Royal head on. As a result the door on one of the Hangers is ripped off and lost to the Aeither, a Jovian Pattern launch bay has been holed.

If that wasn't bad enough you come into the opinion that a mutation is growing on your thigh, and once again chip away at your own flesh in a desperate bid for purity. You take four Wounds as a result.

Day sixteen and you finally reach the edge of the Rift. Running into it added four days to your journey. It will now end at twenty days...hopefully. Day seventeen has nothing to report.

At day 18 you finally reach the last trial. Another Warp Rift blocks one path, this one much more dangerous than the calm waters you faced before. It would be the equivalent to unsailible seas filled with insatiable sea monsters, if you find yourself trapped in it you will be attacked by Daemons every day until you manage to escape. On the other end is another familiar site, a hole in the Immaterium leading back into reality. One must wonder if it is a more tempting target now that we have faced so much in the warp, or if it is even less so now that your destination is so close.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2022, 12:30:17 am »

With our navigator having inflicted repeated injury upon themselves, I begin standing watch to make sure they don't harm themselves further. I'll rotate out with some armsmen, but I want to make sure we still have a navigator for the rest of the trip, and want to actively stop them if they start going for that stupid ritual knife again. Luckilly, since they're eldar instead of a the traditional navigator, I shouldn't have to worry about being psychically blasted for being near them while they're working.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2022, 03:02:46 am »

Nah, Path of the Mariner reroll the rift avoidance roll.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2022, 11:25:12 am »

With our navigator having inflicted repeated injury upon themselves, I begin standing watch to make sure they don't harm themselves further. I'll rotate out with some armsmen, but I want to make sure we still have a navigator for the rest of the trip, and want to actively stop them if they start going for that stupid ritual knife again. Luckilly, since they're eldar instead of a the traditional navigator, I shouldn't have to worry about being psychically blasted for being near them while they're working.

You put the Eldar on suicide watch. Hopefully you'll be able to respond in time should she decide to mutilate herself again.

Nah, Path of the Mariner reroll the rift avoidance roll.

You manage to pass thanks to your overpowered Eldar abilities. With your corrected directions, the RT is able to navigate away from the Rift preventing you from being overly delayed in the Warp.

Day thirteen and fourteen pass without incident. On the fifteenth day you run into what will hopefully be the final trial of your journey, a massive Warp Storm brewing in your path. You are able to detect the storm and send directions to the Lord-Captain at the helm. He is unable to hold steady in the sloshing Aeither - and you run into the storm in a much more literal way. The Hanger door on one of your Jovian landing bays is ripped from the hull and lost to the Warp. Jovian Pattern Landing Bay has been holed.

You then begin tearing at your own thighs with your bare hands. Your ever-watchful guardian manages to tackle you to the ground, but not before you chip two wounds of flesh away from your body.

Day sixteen. Your estimation for the length of the journey proves correct. You will finally be free of the realm of Chaos, at least until the LC decides it is time to enter the brink once more.

Right on course you appear within spitting distance of Rook's Crown.

Upon arrival to real space the ship is immediately hit with a range of scanners originating from the planet. Even from the Void you can see the main fortress of Rook's Crown with the naked eye. It is the size of a continent, a mountain of grey on an otherwise blue and green gem.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2022, 11:50:33 am »

Since it was probably missed in the OOC thread, FP re-roll the failed Warp Storm avoidance test.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2022, 12:16:35 pm »

Since it was probably missed in the OOC thread, FP re-roll the failed Warp Storm avoidance test.

I figured that was for the rift too.

Day thirteen and fourteen pass without incident. On the fifteenth day you run into what will hopefully be the final trial of your journey, a massive Warp Storm brewing in your path. You are able to detect the storm and send directions to the Lord-Captain at the helm. He manages to narrowly dodge away from the whirling warp before it can engulf the ship.

You then begin tearing at your own thighs with your bare hands. Your ever-watchful guardian manages to tackle you to the ground, but not before you chip two wounds of flesh away from your body.

Day sixteen. Your estimation for the length of the journey proves correct. You will finally be free of the realm of Chaos, at least until the LC decides it is time to enter the brink once more.

Right on course you appear within spitting distance of Rook's Crown.

Upon arrival to real space the ship is immediately hit with a range of scanners originating from the planet. Even from the Void you can see the main fortress of Rook's Crown with the naked eye. It is the size of a continent, a mountain of grey on an otherwise blue and green gem.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2022, 12:40:39 pm »

The humans infesting this world are of little interest, I will spend my time charting out the route we just used.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2022, 02:16:20 pm »

Lord-Captain Marco spent nearly all of his waking time during the Warp travel on the bridge, whether he was managing morale and the macro-operations of the vessel or steering the Ark Royal through the Immaterium. Notably, he'd been asleep when the warning about the warp storm came down and he ended up maneuvering the cruiser away from danger while wearing his greatcoat over sleeping garments.

"Thank the Emperor, we have made it." Thankfully properly dressed to witness the moment as the Ark finally escaped the Empyrean, captain Guerra sighed, reclined on the throne, and began broadcasting the work chants.

"Execute the post-travel work routines and get us in contact with the fortress world."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2022, 02:17:23 pm »

Symonne downed a shot of amasec to commemorate leaving the Warp behind. It had been a rough voyage, though not her worst.

"The Emperor smiles upon us all. We have arrived."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2022, 04:27:36 pm »

Lord-Captain Marco took the time to make some relaxed announcements over the comm while the ship regained its bearings post-arrival into realspace.

++Another successful jump through that dangerous, despicable, dreadful darkness. Even this far away from the Light of the Astronomican, your faith and loyalty stay true and I trust will stay that way. Make sure to execute the routine maintenance and good job.++
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2022, 11:12:29 pm »

The humans infesting this world are of little interest, I will spend my time charting out the route we just used.

You make a Detailed chart of the route you've just traversed. A Navigator house would probably pay for it - but as an Eldar hated by Imperial society you'd probably have to have one of the 'ummies make the deal for you. Your kind tend to avoid the warp whenever possible. You probably discovered why during the last trip.

Lord-Captain Marco spent nearly all of his waking time during the Warp travel on the bridge, whether he was managing morale and the macro-operations of the vessel or steering the Ark Royal through the Immaterium. Notably, he'd been asleep when the warning about the warp storm came down and he ended up maneuvering the cruiser away from danger while wearing his greatcoat over sleeping garments.

"Thank the Emperor, we have made it." Thankfully properly dressed to witness the moment as the Ark finally escaped the Empyrean, captain Guerra sighed, reclined on the throne, and began broadcasting the work chants.

"Execute the post-travel work routines and get us in contact with the fortress world."

As it turns out the fortress world gets in contact with you. The scans on the ship finish unimpeded and you are greeted with a hail originating from the fortress.

++"Attention warship. Identify yourself immediately. Failure to comply will be taken as hostile action."++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2022, 11:49:24 pm »

They had arrived quite on point so it was understandable the fortress would be suspicious of a fully-armed warship showing up on their doorstep—despite the ship's military airs, it didn't have the armored prow in the colors of Battlefleet Koronus after all.

++This is Lord-Captain Guerra, commanding the Ark Royal. Our arrival was communicated before Warp translation.++
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2022, 11:54:44 pm »

They had arrived quite on point so it was understandable the fortress would be suspicious of a fully-armed warship showing up on their doorstep—despite the ship's military airs, it didn't have the armored prow in the colors of Battlefleet Koronus after all.

++This is Lord-Captain Guerra, commanding the Ark Royal. Our arrival was communicated before Warp translation.++

There is a pause. One fortunately not followed by a battery from the fortress.

++Our records indicate the Ark Royal to be a merchant trader. Do you have an explanation for this discrepancy?++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2022, 12:14:07 am »

++I am a Rogue Trader of the Guerra Dynasty, but the Ark has always been a military vessel, having proudly served the Imperial Navy before my house. Its ancient logs are proof.++ he calmly pointed out.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47