Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 34472 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #435 on: January 26, 2023, 04:37:50 pm »

Kedia pets the dinos and attempts to socialize with the governor's children and talk about dinosaurs and cats and other such creatures.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 26, 2023, 11:29:07 pm »

"It's excellent to finally meet you in person after our remote communication. Have you already seen the trophies?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2023, 08:40:25 pm »

Although I dislike being so far from our Trader, I like having the other Trader's retinues being this far from the negotiating table far more. What I find interesting is the way this seemingly unimportant room is in such a secure area, and in some ways it reminds me of how the previously found eldar-psyker-statue-thing was hidden in nature. So I stay out of the way and very slowly and cautiously look around with not just my eyes, but that same weird-stuff-sense that has served me so well in the past. I'm specifically checking for both the possibility of psykers in the other retinues or possibly (though unlikely) even amongst the Governer's children, and after I've reassured myself of the lack of immediate threats I'm checking for the possibility of another eldar-dino-statue-thing somewhere nearby, probably behind a hidden panel of some sort.

You indeed see the blinding light similar to but overwhelmingly larger than the one coming from the eldar statue from before - the bright beacon visible throughout the world. But it is still far below your feet, well out of your reach with no guiding light like that which lead you to the cave. You don't detect any pskers in the garden, aside from those you brought with you.

Kedia pets the dinos and attempts to socialize with the governor's children and talk about dinosaurs and cats and other such creatures.

Both of his sons respond sociably enough, as do the dragons. They're more interested in talking about dinos than cats and other such creatures but make exceptions if the cat in question is particularly large and good at killing things. Their pets are notably friendly and, as they tell you, have been bred to defend the upper class for centuries with the best training available on the planet. Except the fish, which are just there for decoration and will probably get snatched up by a hungry dino so training them isn't really viable.

"It's excellent to finally meet you in person after our remote communication. Have you already seen the trophies?"

"Likewise. I can't say that I have."

"Nor have I. I'm afraid I still don't understand what you actually intend to do here."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2023, 03:35:04 am »

For his part, Tallion notes how the idyllic garden reminds him of similar ones he knew growing up on Craftworld Kaelor. Simpler and happier times those were, despite all the pressures his house put upon him to perform. He looses himself in a reverie of remembrance as he watches the governor's children playing with the dinos. A reverie only broken by the shouting match the two men from the other traders' retinues are having.

'What children... Exemplars of their species...' He thinks to himself.

Stepping between the two in an effort to momentarily break it up, Tallion says in a slight patronizing tone; like a parent would to their child. "Alright, alright... Back to your corners the both of you. I don't care who or what started this, but it ends now. We're supposed to be here to broker a peace, not start a whole new conflict." After a moments pause so everyone can take a steadying, calming breath to gather their wits, he goes on to add "Now as a neutral third party, why don't you two explain to me, calmly and without the vitriol, what's got you both so riled up. Maybe we can work something out, preferably before this comes to any blows... here in the Governor's estate, with his children present..."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 28, 2023, 02:05:01 pm »

Seeing Tallion's interjection, Kedia decides to casually take a lie down somewhere with cover from the imminent explosion.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 28, 2023, 02:10:41 pm »

Indaria moves over to be beside Kedia.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 28, 2023, 04:33:23 pm »

For his part, Tallion notes how the idyllic garden reminds him of similar ones he knew growing up on Craftworld Kaelor. Simpler and happier times those were, despite all the pressures his house put upon him to perform. He looses himself in a reverie of remembrance as he watches the governor's children playing with the dinos. A reverie only broken by the shouting match the two men from the other traders' retinues are having.

'What children... Exemplars of their species...' He thinks to himself.

Stepping between the two in an effort to momentarily break it up, Tallion says in a slight patronizing tone; like a parent would to their child. "Alright, alright... Back to your corners the both of you. I don't care who or what started this, but it ends now. We're supposed to be here to broker a peace, not start a whole new conflict." After a moments pause so everyone can take a steadying, calming breath to gather their wits, he goes on to add "Now as a neutral third party, why don't you two explain to me, calmly and without the vitriol, what's got you both so riled up. Maybe we can work something out, preferably before this comes to any blows... here in the Governor's estate, with his children present..."

Both men are large for humans - even the pilot was well muscled betraying both as locals. Pulling them apart physically would be an impressive feat of strength, but they seem willing enough to air their grievances to the newcomer.

"Nuts to the Governor! He'd have us all shot if it weren't for Boss covering our backs. Can't very well make him hate us more than he already does." The pilot speaks, spitting off to the side. "No, I take it back. If I can hate that empty headed fodder as much as I do I suppose the Governor's hatred could one day grow to match it. The idea that a hatred as deep as the void and as hot as the sun could end here is absurd."

"How dare you talk that way about my father in law? Having the lot of you shot would be the wise course of action. One can hardly fault him for it. It is unfortunate that my Lord-Captain happened to get lumped in with you in his mind - once we finish slaughtering you wretched whelps I'm sure we will have that little misunderstanding cleared up. Handing him your head and that of your false 'Trader' will brighten his mood enough for him to hear us out. Truly the Governor has but two faults, the second being that he takes that pretender seriously."

"She left you when that coward sent his ship away. We all figured you did the sensible thing and ran away with your tail between your legs after getting your nose bloodied. She knew you where a coward deep down too - you should have seen her face when I told her you where still around. Whole gauntlet of emotions, before she just started laughing. If you think the Governor will ever accept either of us into his bloodline you must be hitting your chems again. She's mine and we're going to do the sensible thing - getting as far away from his sphere of influence before he makes her a widow."

"You certainly learned from your master the art of ruining families - you do not content yourself with attempting to ruin mine, but you wish to destroy the sacred bond of father and child as well! Can't expect more from someone who willingly submits to a fratricidal drifter. When he sees our love is true he will accept me to insure the brightest possible future for his kin. We will have strong grandchildren and he will be glad of them!"

Finally acknowledging you, the swordsman turns his head away from his rival to you. "So you see this isn't something as petty as a spilled drink in a bar. This cretin is attempting to steal my wife - the love of my life! I would give my life before allowing such a thing to happen!"

"She left you herself. Marrying me broke off anything the two of you had. You drone on about respecting the ancient traditions but ignore them when it suits you. When it comes to love its the last man who is the winner - and the last one she swore her love to was me. Give up and go home. She doesn't want you any more."

Indaria moves over to be beside Kedia.

Seeing Tallion's interjection, Kedia decides to casually take a lie down somewhere with cover from the imminent explosion.

You hide behind a peach tree and listen to the shouted gossip. Nobody got shot yet. Aside from your retinue, everyone seems to be ignoring it. It is a cozy place to lie down, but would probably be significantly nicer if you where not in armored suits.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 31, 2023, 11:14:36 pm »

"I am honestly interested on whether this brushfire war of yours was started as a matter of fact to establish a pecking order, if the matter of the trophies truly worked as a trigger, or if there's any deeper reasons for the mutual hostility."

Captain Guerra is simple and to the point, since there is little to lose in this case.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 02, 2023, 10:27:36 pm »

Indaria simply waits for people to get on with shooting each other and keeps track of where the cover is and any noteworthy weapons or threats we might have to deal with when the negotiations break down.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2023, 01:48:42 am »

Kedia enjoys the peaceful garden while waiting for people to start shooting one another because it's fun to gib humans with monoatomic shuriken.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 03, 2023, 03:00:40 pm »

"I am honestly interested on whether this brushfire war of yours was started as a matter of fact to establish a pecking order, if the matter of the trophies truly worked as a trigger, or if there's any deeper reasons for the mutual hostility."

Captain Guerra is simple and to the point, since there is little to lose in this case.

The two traders nod thoughtfully and look around while skillfully avoiding any accidental eye contact. Eventually, the van Haustborg gets a look like he's just solved a deep problem, waves a finger forward a few times, and says, "Yes."

Kedia enjoys the peaceful garden while waiting for people to start shooting one another because it's fun to gib humans with monoatomic shuriken.
Indaria simply waits for people to get on with shooting each other and keeps track of where the cover is and any noteworthy weapons or threats we might have to deal with when the negotiations break down.

The only real cover available is the peach trees themselves. You could probably hide behind one of the larger dinos as well, if you don't mind cover that moves. Most of the retinue is equipped with small arms, the swordsman's weapon being the one odd exception. The most noteworthy threat is the armored Rex. While you where easily able to slay one in the wild, the armor and training this one possesses would make it much more difficult to kill. Luckily the dinos are under the control of the Governor's offspring and it is unlikely that they would try to eat you even if the two groups began fighting again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 03, 2023, 03:42:42 pm »

And yet Indaria's actions remain unchanged.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 07, 2023, 10:36:31 pm »

"That wasn't very helpful. May you elaborate for my benefit?" Marco has to stay calm, of course. He should stay calm.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2023, 01:48:03 pm »

"That wasn't very helpful. May you elaborate for my benefit?" Marco has to stay calm, of course. He should stay calm.

Icewhite pulls up sharply to the table and says "I'm just going to level with you."
The other trader turns in surprise, breaking the unspoken rule of no eye contact.
He continues, "We," gesturing between the two traders illustratively, "don't get along. There's history there, that I don't care to share, and it's been like this for a long time. It doesn't take much to get us to fight whenever we happen to meet. BUT. We're not completely irrational either. I mean, I'm not." (van Haustborg makes a contemptuous noise at this swipe.) "If you're feeling like this situation doesn't seem to justify the effort expended... I won't tell you otherwise. I've made some promises and I won't say too much, but I know that, on my part, this wouldn't have lasted this long if it weren't for a certain source of external support. Judging by the nature of that support, I would bet he" - a thumb toward the other trader - "could say the same."
van Haustborg looks levelly forward and doesn't say anything yet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 14, 2023, 12:25:04 am »

"I get the idea now. It's a vendetta." The Captain sighs before adding "What about this support of yours?"
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47