Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help training hammerdwarves  (Read 606 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help training hammerdwarves
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:52:59 pm »

I’ve recently started training a squad of 5 hammerdwarves.  Currently, I have them training without weapons or armor in the hopes of getting them trained up in wrestling first.  I’ve got them scheduled to train every month with a minimum of 2 required for training.  Also, they have a barracks.  The problem, is that I only see at most 2 activated and training.  Most of the members (including the militia commander) have never done any training.   Is there any way that I could get them all activated and training?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Help training hammerdwarves
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 09:57:29 pm »

"minimum of 2 required for training" means it will attempt to assign 2 dwarfs to the activity (where "training" can mean a demonstration, sparring, etc). Some of the off-duty dwarfs in the squad may start individual combat drills, but they can be called away if there is work to be done.

To have more training at the same time, increase the number.

It is good to give the dwarfs some time-off during the year, so they can pray, socialize, craft, etc. If you want the squad training 12 months of the year, then change that "minimum of 2", to 6 or 8 dwarfs, so each dwarf will spend about 60% or 80% of the year training (at month end, you'll notice 1 or 2 dwarfs stop training and 1 or 2 dwarfs start training).
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?