Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Dfhack] Blueprint command not working  (Read 2274 times)

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Dfhack] Blueprint command not working
« on: July 19, 2022, 11:01:43 pm »

Recently I decided to use the blueprint command to help designate the walls for my aboveground towers. I tried to record the designations once they were finished, but the CSV came out really weird. When I played it back in quickfort, it originally complained that "CW" was an invalid key sequence. I did a find and replace to change it to "Cw". After that, the designation that I had copied (a simple 33-diameter circle) came out all oval-y and weird. Could this be because I'm using a square tileset (I don't think so, but it's the most recent thing in the game that I modified)?
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Dfhack] Blueprint command not working
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 01:16:58 am »

I suspect you have an old version of DFHack installed. There was a bug with blueprint producing an invalid "CW" key sequence, but it was fixed nearly a year ago. Recent versions of blueprint should behave much better.

Was the oval shape what you got when you played the blueprint back in gui/quickfort? or did it just appear as an oval in the blueprint file? If it was just in the blueprint file, it might just be due to the spacing in the file. You can specify the --format=pretty parameter to get everything to line up nicely.

Note that you can use gui/blueprint to select the blueprint area and set the options interactively.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 01:21:50 am by myk »

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 09:55:29 am »

Thanks, I'll try updating DFHack. It was ovular in both the file and in the game, when it should have been a circle (I have a square tileset). The CSV and the playback both had weird open spaces in them thay we're not there when I recorded it.
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 07:38:56 pm »

I responded to the post on reddit as well, but I'll copy my response here too:
Blueprint doesn't currently handle built constructions. It's next on the development plan for the blueprint plugin.

It *does* handle constructions that are just planned but not yet built, though. So a workaround is to designate your tower and take a blueprint of it before the dwarves actually construct it.

Edit: blueprint now handles constructions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:38:38 pm by myk »