Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, finally shooting v.v  (Read 6531 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, finally shooting v.v
« on: July 26, 2022, 07:07:28 am »

POWER &&& PULSE: Mission 1
CHARLIE FOXTROT

Google Doc with character options
OOC + Suggestions + Rules Thread

Westrealm, Mewlo badlands.
3PM local time, 1345 Rosetime
2 Months after first contact

Over the baren hills, a shooting star is spotted by a detachment of Starhammer. Unfortunately their mage leader has recently passed away due to natural causes. Nevertheless they decide to investigate the crash site.

Mayday! En route to an infiltration, a Shuttle Rig carrying a Haemic Corp squad encounters a fatal failure and undergoes a controlled crash. While most of the passengers survive, the Tech Gear riding under is crushed, killing the pilot.

Spoiler: mission rules (click to show/hide)

That's it, we're nearly ready to roll. Remember that you're not allowed to pick a (Hero) class for this mission, and to state your faction outside of your character sheet so that players of the opposite faction don't mistakenly check it. No peeking!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:24:24 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Natives team.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Choices are valid, though your shield and sword enchantments won't function with being Magic Incompatible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Will try to come up with a charsheet later if/when I find the time. What's the deadline, egan my boy?

Also, I'm giving RC and Leng 2 FP each for their help. Thank you.
Aww shucks, you shouldn't have.  :blush:

Quote from: not quoting to avoid peeking
syv being mage
This is some top 10 anime betrayals material right here.   :o
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:19:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haemic Corp
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Starhammer (aka the natives, aka the mage team), Faction.
Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:46:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Quote from: not quoting to avoid peeking
syv being mage
This is some top 10 anime betrayals material right here.   :o

Still gonna do mech if I get to play a hero unit.  Or regardless, really.  I mostly chose mage because this mission seems unpleasant to be mech on.  Choose the winning side, and all!  :v

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Haemic Corp. time to PMC!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:22:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will try to come up with a charsheet later if/when I find the time. What's the deadline, egan my boy?

Saturday.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Gonna do this now to avoid missing the deadline.))

Declaring for the correct faction best faction Haemic Corp. 
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Also, GM dearest, I've some questions that are mech-faction-related for you, if you don't mind:

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Charlie Foxtrot (no limit, come join pls)
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 01:04:33 am »

Quote from: RC
Starhamsters no peeking!
But the mission hasn't even started yet! if it's a mechanics or systems question shouldn't that be visible? I'm all sad now.

also, I suspect that without hero units Haemic is going to have the advantage, simply because they're able to get better gear for their footsoldiers. with hero units, I still feel like Haemic is going to have the advantage, because I don't think starhammer foot soldiers have a way to hurt mechs, but mages can still get shot just like anyone else.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 02:05:31 am »

But the mission hasn't even started yet! if it's a mechanics or systems question shouldn't that be visible? I'm all sad now.

((Heh, aww, sorry. It's mostly a mission-specific clarification that should primarily affect mechbois, but if egan thinks it's fine and not sensitive he can answer/reveal the question in the open and that's fine for me.))

((Actually, that reminds me I had another question I forgot, and this one is for both sides so best to ask in the open: Egan, can players assume to have radios to talk to their allies and coordinate, or should we try to account for distance and avoid doing so? It's mostly a quality of life thing I think.))

also, I suspect that without hero units Haemic is going to have the advantage, simply because they're able to get better gear for their footsoldiers. with hero units, I still feel like Haemic is going to have the advantage, because I don't think starhammer foot soldiers have a way to hurt mechs, but mages can still get shot just like anyone else.
I mostly chose mage because this mission seems unpleasant to be mech on.  Choose the winning side, and all!  :v
((Hmm...  :p 
Well, you do have an APC this time, so maybe take a cue from the game Planetside and turn the mech grunts into so much roadkill.  :D

Either way, if it turns out the mage grunts are underpowered then Egan can always buff them a little. Seems like framebreakers are meant to be a potential threat to mechs though and are affordable at 1 AP. I would agree that another 2 AP cost mage-aligned grunt could be nice and give more options. Maybe something you could request with FP if you have a cool concept for it?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 02:25:45 am »

I would agree that another 2 AP cost mage-aligned grunt could be nice and give more options. Maybe something you could request with FP if you have a cool concept for it?))
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
edit: honestly, this idea could be made available to both factions with barely any adjustment. It makes senese for both of them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 02:31:31 am by Lenglon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 06:51:21 am »

Egan, can players assume to have radios to talk to their allies and coordinate, or should we try to account for distance and avoid doing so?
HC has radios, SH have cellphones. Not going to list as equipment for every class but they're there.

It says we have to avoid them looting our tech to win, but also that us escaping is a win. So what is it that we should protect/escape with then? Is it the crushed tech gear that they could loot? The crashed shuttle? Because if it's these, and since we don't have anything to salvage them or transport them, we kinda have to defend them and fleeing isn't an option. Or would it be enough if we recover like the databanks/central computer or something and escape with that? I mean, there's no stipulation for us having to preserve the tech only prevent its capture, so boobytrapping/outright destroying would be advantageous, but seems rather mean and anti-game so dunno what you'd think about that.  :v
You seem to have already stumbled on a good way of completing the stated objectives. Can you think of any others?~
Taking out the computer equivalent would count for some but there's lots of other stuff to salvage. No bonus points for bringing stuff back intact.

Secondly, in our mission briefing it just says we were downed (presumably over hostile terrain?) but no mention of hostiles spotted. Can we start the mission assuming the enemy is incoming and prepare accordingly, or should we play it as not knowing that to avoid metagaming? If so, I think saying we'd set up a watch/patrol to avoid getting ambushed in enemy terrain would be reasonable behavior and not meta?
Don't worry about it. You start out in combat. You're likely going to always start in combat since not doing so last game didn't work out well.
Also, the crash was due to a malfunction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 06:58:23 am »

I mostly chose mage because this mission seems unpleasant to be mech on.  Choose the winning side, and all!  :v
((Hmm...  :p ))

((Haemic is definitely stronger in terms of footsoldiers. They get a 1 AP healer, and two proper 2 AP combat classes, while Starhammer gets the framebreaker and a 2 AP class that's explicitly unreliable and unarmored.  And their equipment seems to have less versatility, though it's RTD so I expect a gun to just be a gun.

I don't like the wincon for mech in this mission.  You both need to not die, and ensure mages don't get your tech, when you have a giant lump of tech sitting there.  It's a defense mission where you need to destroy your own fortification and flee; in effect, your wincon is actually "kill all enemies without taking heavy losses", while ours is much more flexible.  That being said, wiping a two-person team isn't so bad, but I expected more players on both sides.))

Edit:  Oh.  Ninja GM.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5