Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My head  (Read 1699 times)

Escobar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
My head
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:00 am »

I'm really enjoying exploring the generated worlds, and figuring out everything by experimentation. Unfortunately, my guy has a large dagger stuck in his head... is there any way of getting it out?

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My head
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:36:00 am »

Use alt-i to pull things like that out. You can also use alt-i to pull weapons that are stuck in opponents out, or to steal items that you've grabbed with your hand. With wrestling.

You'll bleed when you pull weapons out, though.

And having a dagger in your head = BADASS.

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »

Addendum: It's shift-i instead of alt-i.

Usually when something's stuck in my current adventurer, death quickly follows at the hands of the fellow who wants it back. :/

Cegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »

If something is stuck in you, you can move one square and you'll either take it, or they'll get it back.

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:07:00 pm »

That's only if the person who stuck the object in you is still holding it. And succeeds in it's grapple check to "maintain possession of -item-". If the enemy fails, it's still stuck in you like a primitive form of body piercing.

Varil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 01:00:00 am »

I bet that's a real conversation starter, though.

"Hello! Would you like to buy-DEAR HEAVENS."

Somagu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 01:43:00 am »

Yeah, I have a character I started, dwarven swordsman, I happened to be talking about Big Boss to one someone on MSN at the time, he got an arrow straight through the eye, guess what nickname he earned.   :p

Anyway, I'm at an indecision as to what to do, pull the arrow out and risk bleeding to death, or walk around with an arrow sticking out of my eye socket?

Telok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Somagu:
<STRONG>Anyway, I'm at an indecision as to what to do, pull the arrow out and risk bleeding to death, or walk around with an arrow sticking out of my eye socket?</STRONG>

Interestingly it dosen't seem to make a difference. I had one guy go a while with an arrow in his leg. I didn't know how to take it out and it didn't seem to do anything to him so I left it in there.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 06:12:00 am »

Well, something sticking out of you could make you bleed in an inapropriate moment if an enemy were to (by accident) grab that object and pull it out. That's about the only downside and unlikely considering the AI. :P

You could safely remove something if you're standing at the edge of the current map since moving on the world map heals anything.

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 07:47:00 am »

Aye, the downside of being a walking weapons rack is if something grabs a protruding handle and *twists*, you'll feel it.

Somagu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 11:51:00 am »

Ah, yes, thank you, I forgot the AI could do that!

Well anyway, I pulled the arrow out, and it stopped bleeding before the end of the turn, for a split second, I saw "Bleeding" but it was a really distinct bright red, so it could have been "BLEEDING!"

[ September 07, 2006: Message edited by: Somagu ]