Other Projects > Other Games

Epic Free Game of the Week

(1/50) > >>

Iduno:
Epic brings us a free game every week (sometimes there are repeats), but posting about them seems to fill up other threads. Hopefully someone else has played them and can tell us why they did or didn't like them, so we can figure out if we'd like them or not.

This week's game is Unrailed: a multiplayer game about trying to get resources to build more train tracks to prevent a train from becoming derailed, and has both co-op and competitive modes.

Iduno:
It's a new free game starting in less than 2 hours. Cook, Serve, Delicious 3?!

I've not played any of the CSD games, so I don't really know how they work.

AlStar:
CSD games are basically a combination of time management, memorization, and typing skills.

You have a menu, which, in CSD3 is based on your location. Different meals have different complexities, with more complex items generally bringing in more money and/or the possibility of tips for perfectly-made food. Recipes can be 'complex' in several different ways - either because the item itself is complex (like lasagna; which requires many alternating key presses to put down the layers of meat, cheese, and noodles), or because the customer gets a lot of customization options (like a salad).

Items can be as simple as fries (I don't have the game available to double check, but from memory it's dunk fries into oil, let them simmer for about 30 seconds, pull them out, then hit them with salt) to something like a hamburger, which requires you to select the type of bun the customer wants, fry up the meat, then add on any requested toppings.

Now, if it was just one recipe at a time, that'd be easy. But you're dealing with multiple customers - especially during the lunch and dinner rush. If they wait too long, they'll get unhappy and eventually leave; so you need have have multiple things all going on at the same time; making sure nothing burns while you're busy prepping a different meal.

It's fun, in a "oh my god, everything's burning down at once and what do you mean we've just entered dinner rush and the toilet needs to be unclogged?!" way.

Robsoie:
Checking a video it feels a lot like a flash game (that name is escaping my memories but i guess some other people may recognize it) i played years ago, not in visual but in gameplay.
While it was fun for a dozen of minutes, it was not really much after that, but i guess it was just not the kind of game i enjoy.

And looking at next week "freebie" that is not a game but a dlc for one of the hundred of "online multiplayer fornite/battleroyale/ffa"  clones, it looks like epic is running out of their Fortnite money, could it mean their strategy of giving away a great (most of the time) title every week that went on for a couple of years failed to bring them more customers ?
The kind of games that they're now giving away since a couple of months seems to indicate just that.

Iduno:

--- Quote from: Robsoie on August 11, 2022, 12:30:16 pm ---And looking at next week "freebie" that is not a game but a dlc for one of the hundred of "online multiplayer fornite/battleroyale/ffa"  clones, it looks like epic is running out of their Fortnite money, could it mean their strategy of giving away a great (most of the time) title every week that went on for a couple of years failed to bring them more customers ?
The kind of games that they're now giving away since a couple of months seems to indicate just that.
--- End quote ---

It seems to be a few small games, then a big one (usually as a way of advertising a sequel). Borderlands 3 wasn't that long ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version