Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As A Strict Minimum Dwarven Civs Need 10 Cavern Water Layer To Spawn  (Read 975 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

This post is overly long for the sake of not making title it's description.

Understanding that in order to have a world with necromancers I also need dwarven civs for that I was messing with amount of water in caverns necessary for a dwarven civ to spawn. After all I cannot disable forgotten beasts and at least 1 layer of caverns is mandatory. Even if I killed everyone who would threaten my immortality I still had to deal with dangers of underworld. My world permits 1 dwarven fortress and 1 hillrock to exist. So far in the game forgotten beasts can only destroy fortresses but cannot traverse to hillrocks. I did this in case if I wanted to embark into caverns anyway without having water slow me down too much. I could just camp forever at hillrock in classic and only worry about lowest savagery wildlife.

I like to imagine that my "immortal" adventurer would simply stop training swimming, get skill rusted and die to water somewhere randomly because of fighting.

While I understand that worldgen in classic version of the game pretty much does not include drowning deaths I still think that Steam version may have more advanced worldgen stuff like resuming worldgen generation after it is complete to simply fast-forward history after player made radical changes to it, such as killing every single dwarf to be a lonely human unfazed by aging. Makes me wander if forgotten beasts would traverse surface world between sites after a fortress falls.

Ah, and outsiders are always a risk to account for. You can make as many humans as you like even if they never existed so we are inclined to be huge travelers. Technically future versions could include us coming from outside worlds to make violent missions.

Overall future versions are confirmed to include a slider which decides how crapsack and fantastical a world could be. Technically the concepts of death, suffering or negative emotions could not exist.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.