Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deadly waterfalls, but not how you think?  (Read 1587 times)

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deadly waterfalls, but not how you think?
« on: August 11, 2022, 09:21:04 pm »

So I've got a waterfall in my fort, it falls through some floor grates. Dwarves who walk under it are usually fine, but sometimes their hands explode, and I'm not sure why. is this a known bug, or something I can fix?

Pics:

This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly waterfalls, but not how you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 09:25:46 pm »

For some reason my dwarves are attempting to swim UP the waterfall. So now just how to stop them I wonder.

Edited to add:

I forbid the waterfall, and now they are scaling the cliff and sitting by the river at the top. No Job. I'm so confused.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:34:53 pm by kenpoaj »
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 12:44:23 pm »

dropping their items on top of other dwarves, perhaps? "explodes in gore" is similar message to when logs fall from tree branches and kill woodcutters

as far as the pathing. I am unsure, but I have seen dwarfs interrupted in pathing suddenly choose to go the longest route.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 01:25:10 pm »

I bet they're getting swamped by water that "cuts off" their path from their perspective (they're not allowed to path through water more than 2/7 deep or whatever) and then, failing to path elsewhere, decide to climb up the cliff to escape. Then many of them are falling and getting injured
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.