Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Perfect Team  (Read 2394 times)

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Perfect Team
« on: September 08, 2006, 11:02:00 pm »

it consists of my guy

a bowman all points into it
3 other bow uses I think 2 cross and 1 bow.
2 swordsmen.

This results in a masterful unit, because with 4 bow users, there is generally a hit. and a hit with a bow is deadly as you all know. as soon as the enemy hits the ground everyone just moves in and beats it to death with thier bows... and surprisingly smash the crap out of things. Are bowusers that powerful? would a team of 6 bowusers be unstoppable?

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Perfect Team
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:22:00 pm »

Well, I think they could work well until they all ran out of ammo... after that all they will be able to do is wack people with the bows turned clubs...

My idea of the perfect team is to create and play oh say 6 differnt charactors and get them up quite a few levels of skill and improve their strength, agility, toughness to very high levels. Then once they are high enough Take them to the same town in your world and retire them. After I've got 6 (well ok maybe less, that would be a lot of play time.) I will start up my best one, and then recruit the rest of my guys.(and yes i have done it before but they were really crappy then) Now that is what I consider the perfect team!   :cool:

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:00 pm »

Only because of the ranged attack bugs making them uber-deadly, and only until they run out of arrows and then they become the stick-basher squad since there isn't yet a way to reload comrades' quivers.

A group of archers should be nice and deadly (but not guided-missile-of-doom deadly, they way they are now), until warriors manage to get past their arrows (using terrain, shield, numbers, speed...).

[ September 09, 2006: Message edited by: PvK ]

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:49:00 am »

Dont forget stealth! I got tired of being ripped apart from uber arrows of death so I started sneaking everywhere I went. Im now up to 2500 in sneaking. Sneaking at this level doesnt hinder your movement speed AND all those levels up make you extremely fast. I can sneak up to anyone and get the first hit in before they see me. I havent tested this theory against an elite archer yet but nobody sees me until I get in the first hit  :)

Plasma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:59:00 pm »

I got a better team...
DRUNKS!
And as many as you can find!

Seriously though, they make great scouts/cannon fodder because tehy keep wandering away.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »

I had a multi-legendary shield user who seemed to be completely unhittable by anything, except when unconscious.

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 05:54:00 am »

I usually take the relaxing team of my guy - a maceman with some points into armor/shield/wrestling - and an axeman. Maces seem to work well against anything (especially undead - of course!) and axes... Yeah, them chopped off parts everywhere ^.^

I used to take a spearman but he gets weaponless way too often when he pierces someone.

(hi everyone!)

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 01:04:00 pm »

Heya krige!

When I go out hunting I usually choose a good hammer, when you get a really good one you can explode people. Especially fun when you cave in their chest and send them exploding in an obstacle, sometimes even other enemies. I always have bad luck when taking spearmen with me, they almost always become wrestlers by a few dungeons. Also, Archers are extremely good, but once they run out of ammo, or get really close, they go melee and usually lose.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 11:25:00 pm »

Spears tend to get stuck on the enemies and sometimes the dwarves will lose their grip on them.  Since npcs can't pick up weapons yet, they lose it forever.

Weapons that don't get stuck are best for your fodder.

SigiLee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:52:00 am »

Talking about bowmen and crossbowmen, what are good places to find ammo for yourself?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 11:05:00 am »

goblin civilizations.

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 11:19:00 am »

Kobolds too.  Don't be put off by the arrows being copper, you can still easily mangle hippo hearts with a single shot.

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »

Personally I like spears because of their high critical chance. Just make sure you get your character up to at least *Mighty* before going up against anything dangerous. I've had my spear user put a 1-hit kill on a mintaur, and that critical chance really makes all the difference. If they're going to be fodder anyway, may as well be "dangerous" fodder.

[ October 30, 2006: Message edited by: CogDissident ]

Keiden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 11:48:00 am »

The perfect team is all drunks...to bad that drunk ain't a playable race.

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 02:20:00 pm »

Hopefully one day we can all make grizzled alcoholics.
A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

Pages: [1] 2