Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Shadow Empire - Galactic Republic vs League of Hoboken - AARs and shit, maybe  (Read 11618 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

E.Albright and I are playing a PBEM duel in Shadow Empire.
This thread is for whatever purpose we might think of as we play. Maybe there'll be some (outdated, surely) AARs, maybe some banter, maybe some maps, maybe some propaganda and fake news. Maybe nothing. We'll see how it goes. It's a first PBEM in this game for both of us, so we'll see what's feasible and what we feel like doing.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:07:13 pm by Il Palazzo »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm setting down enough information to do comprehensive AARs. Dunno if I'll persist; it's taking longer some turns to take notes than it is to take turns, and that's *before* I convert the notes to narratives. We're only a year in (7 seasons to the year) so it'll be a while before I'd be comfortable posting detailed accounts of my travails in any case, though.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, show us your planet generation at least!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planet Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farming Details (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planetology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Biosphere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nasty little beasties (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Colonization (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dissolution (click to show/hide)

The displayed part of the last report doesn't particularly suggest it, so it might just be that we both got really !LUCKY!, but there's a lot of radiation around both of us.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 04:10:52 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For my part, I've made this wonderful map of Hoboken as it looked at the beginning of its titanic struggle against the evil Galactic Empire Republic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My neighborhood is pretty similar except the crocodogs are made out of metal. Well, okay, they're more like emus, but with light autocannons.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, there is more than just crocodogs in Austrelia. So far we've met sneks, pigs, frogs, cows, and kangaroos. Some of them are pink, and all are terribly fond of biting our heads off.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bet they taste great though!

(I actually hate how the aliens being edible fills the map with neolitic hunter civs. Bro, how are you hunting anything without a main battle tank?)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Bet they taste great though!

(I actually hate how the aliens being edible fills the map with neolitic hunter civs. Bro, how are you hunting anything without a main battle tank?)
Quantity has a quality all it's own...

Glad to see this! Both combatants are nobles of the highest order for doing this.

I love how the Planet is described as "An Arid Planet with minimal surface water" when it has more rainfall than the US.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And now there's spiders too!

Hey, E.A. I hope you're not smashing through those walkers on your side too rapidly. Because in Hoboken things are very... incremental.

BTW, the game sure could remember my UI settings, instead of resetting them each time I load my turn.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, fear not. While the trans-emuists are the only non-humans we've met, as year 2 comes to a close we've killed 30 of them. That's 3 whole 10-member cyberemu chain-marriages. The only reason we've done that well is b/c we learned from our ancestors' mistakes millennia ago in the first great Emu War and mounted anti-tank guns on trucks instead of machine guns. In return, they've killed somewhere between 1500-2500 of us, and two BDE commanders.

And lest you worry that irradiated post-emu cybernetic murder-machines are all that are troubling us, we're literally at war with every one of our neighbors, who are a sloppy mix of raiders, slavers, rebels, and presumably feather-suited emu-fancier perverts. Wemus?

On an unrelated note, we rapidly approach the end of an epoch. While our first age was unabashedly positive, I have a hideous vision of it being followed up with an era of mistrust or somesuch...

[Edit: oh, lovely. The new epoch is gonna be a Crisis of Passion, so 13 turns of unrest events. It's not the worst one out there, but it's certainly not good.]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:24:09 am by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Could this be the ancestor to the cyberemu?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today. We Dine. On Kangaroo!

Damn, there not being any other major regimes than the two of us really kills the market. Or maybe it's the latest patches.

Also, fucken hell, never ending radiation.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:41:51 pm by Il Palazzo »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the latest patches. Merchants are a lot less inclined to buy stuff they can't sell, and don't even want to build up stockpiles of it.

I will say the fact that I'm at war with humans on every side of me (b/c tonight we break our teeth trying to dine on robotic bipeds' drumsticks) has meant that I've been able to sell stuff in the market regularly. Ofc, I've also desperately had to.

Also, yeah, the radiation is wild. The apocalypse we rolled up really didn't suggest we'd be seeing this much of it, or that it'd be this heavy where it's at.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the issue is that the traders can't sell much of anything, because there's only the two of us who are buying - but we're desperate to sell to prop up the budget. The prices keep going down until the traders stop buying altogether, and never (?) rebound.
I'm thinking more majors would occasionally take the stock out of their hands. If the minors are buying anything at all, it's just the low-level stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11