Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Shadow Empire - Galactic Republic vs League of Hoboken - AARs and shit, maybe  (Read 13532 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Empire - Galactic Republic vs League of Hoboken - AARs and shit, maybe
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2022, 08:04:14 am »

Welp. Soon there won't be much left worth defending in Gapwhite - bunker or no bunker.

Also:
Spoiler: oof (click to show/hide)
I think I have some tanks like that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Empire - Galactic Republic vs League of Hoboken - AARs and shit, maybe
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2022, 12:45:05 pm »

That thing is 100% Zimmer Corp technology. I kinda wanna know what their five-year business plan was before we got invaded, but frankly I think I'll sleep better at night not knowing.

[Actually, I think I've got it, since the third tech they gave me was robotic mining. They were actively planning to dig too deep...]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:02:53 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2022, 04:17:16 pm »

Oh my dear lord. I went and done it. I attacked the nukezookillas. Those losses are not going to be sustainable. Or are they? I'm definitely channelling the Soviet spirit here.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2022, 06:22:20 pm »

...I don't like those casualties numbers any more than you, though I definitely like them more than last turn's. OTOH, if we're on the subject of things you won't like, I got my new anti-tank guns:

I also got the tech that I was whining that I shouldn't have studied Missiles to get sooner, but that still needs prototyped before I can deploy it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2022, 06:23:51 pm »

WE WILL OVERCOME

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2022, 06:29:25 pm »

For perspective, and mostly for the benefit of any peanut gallery that might exist, these are the prior models. It kinda underscores how badly we've been neglecting a number of our units WRT modernization.

(and OF COURSE my screenshot includes a tooltip. Well, at least it's not covering anything...)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2022, 06:35:20 pm »

Hey, I think my AT guns are still like that one in the first row. They've been similarly waiting forever to be upgraded.
Yup. Starting design still.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:42:55 pm by Il Palazzo »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2022, 08:35:47 pm »

The main reason I had the second row is b/c when fighting minors/AI majors I've had a fair amount of success with customizing independent mechanized AT units with RPGs, so I had one of those as a very active unit that wanted better kit. The latest beta's changes to AT guns only make that more attractive, though ofc they're still primarily defensive units.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2022, 06:37:10 am »

Water still goes for ~0.6 per unit on the market. Do you need fuel? Do you need machines? Buy all the stock, make it up with infinite water.  ::)

How's your fighting spirit, btw? From where I'm standing, your technological marvels have made it a hell lot more interesting. The sheer weight of my hordes might still prevail.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2022, 11:26:08 am »

I wish water sold for that much for me. When it sells, it's more in the 0.2-0.3 range, so the merchants hit their saturation point a lot faster.

This coming turn will be the one where I roll out laser rifles, so we'll see how that changes things. I should probably have debuted them at least 10 turns ago; I discovered the tech 20 turns ago but foolishly thought cluster munitions, highspeed->quad-machineguns, and missiles, in that order, were more important. I'm pretty sure I was wrong on all three counts.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2022, 11:28:06 am »

Oh, well. We're rolling those out nearly at the same time then. And here I thought I'd manage to eke out a temporary advantage with those.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 11:29:50 am by Il Palazzo »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2022, 11:41:42 am »

Ouch. Well, so much for any tech offensive edge I could hope for. Aside from the nukezookillas, ofc.

As an aside, thanks for killing off my awful starting Military Research director. Early on I sent him to be an OHQ commander as what I thought would be a swift death sentence only sped along by his general lack of talent in applied militarying, but the incompetent blighter survived at least 70 rounds in that role.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 11:45:05 am by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2022, 11:46:59 pm »

Incompetent at all things, including dying.  :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2022, 06:01:06 am »

I actually have my initial economic director still refusing to die on the frontlines. His happiness constantly hovers around mid-40s, but doesn't ever quite reach the rebellion levels. Over the years of fighting he's become half-decent for a Cap I dude.

The game might be wrapping up. Or maybe just slowing down considerably. We'll see.

In the meantime, considering how I'm sure by now we both have pretty much perfect enough recon on all crucial areas, I see no reason not to share the state of the map on turn 82 as seen by the League of Hoboken:
Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)
The green supply overlay is handy here for showing controlled areas. The capital is Chronchron, on that peninsula to the right of the map.

The whole expansion can be seen in the screenshots here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZSfiMiyRDLIZU9Dfhpt0oQBxzWGwEZn-/view?usp=sharing

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2022, 05:53:16 am »

The front line seems to have collapsed and Gapwhite has fallen. I don't think there's much of a point in continuing, unless you have a couple fresh corps lying in wait somewhere:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even if you do manage to break through with some of these forces, I don't see a whole lot of new units appearing on the front, while I can at this stage replenish all losses and raise a new brigade with independent attachments each turn. It's just a matter of time before you get swamped.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 05:56:43 am by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11