Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Angel or Demon: A 4 Player Game -The Second Sacrifice(Town Win)  (Read 7110 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Music plays as you enter a room overlooking earth. Standing there are 3 people. A chair overlooks the Earth, before turning around.

"Welcome to the Velvet room. Your fate has been twisted, but all that remains is a Decision. Which of these three best suits your persona? Which path will you take going forward? I'll let you decide for yourself, that is if you want to continue."

Welcome to a strange thing. In this game there are four players. 1 of them is the Decider. 1 is the Angel, and 1 the Demon. And 1 is the human at the core of it all. It's the duty of the Angel or Demon to twist the Decider, as they pick off the other options via lynch. If the Decider and human survive, they win. If the Angel or Demon managed to be left alive with the Decider, they win.

The Angel and Demon do not know the other. Days will take 48 hours with a 24 hour downtime. At the end of the day if no lynch can be decided, the Decider will make the final decision. So, what's your answer?

Decider, played by "NQT"
Angel, played by "?"
Demon, played by "?"
Human, played by "?"

Note, there are no Flips in this game. And the Decider can't be lynched.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:59:58 am by TricMagic »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Angel or Demon: A 4 Player Game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 11:39:08 am »

This seems like it'd be a very short game, lol

I'll join this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 11:49:16 am »

This seems hard to win as either demon. You have to convince the decider that you're human, which the human already has to do, and on TOP of that you have to figure out who the other demon is, and point the decider at them D1 because if the human dies first you can't win. And then D2 win a thunderdome against the human.

Compare that to the human, who only has to convince the decider that they're human, and that they don't care which of the two demons dies first. If the decider sees someone pushing hard on just one target, that looks suspicious.

Which means that the best way to not die and lose as both demons and human is to default to "I'm human, the other two are demons, kill 'em." which doesn't seem that engaging. You can't really try to pick the other two apart because if you do you look like a demon; the human already knows all they need to.

IN with a 50% chance that analysis post just hurt my odds of winning lol.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:51:00 am »

Nah, it's just Supersaint with a twist. It'll be short, though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 12:22:32 pm »

will there be flips?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 12:24:50 pm »

I think that if the human dies the game ends, so it doesn't matter. After the launch either the game's over or there's one human and one demon left. Doesn't really matter which demon it is, does it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 01:14:11 pm »

I'll give it a try, I guess. I'm in.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 02:35:15 pm »

I think that if the human dies the game ends, so it doesn't matter. After the launch either the game's over or there's one human and one demon left. Doesn't really matter which demon it is, does it?
No, the game ends if both the Angel and Demon are executed or the Human is executed, so there are definitely flips.

Basically, the Angel and the Demon need to get the other executed and then the Human, but the Human needs to get the Angel and the Demon executed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 02:37:51 pm »

webadict, as a maker of crazy games, do you think it would help or hurt if the Angel/Demon knew who their opposite was?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 02:40:01 pm »

I asked if the game has flips because of the case of the human being first lynch. since not having flips would prevent deadlock D2, and no useful information will come from flips anyway.

can the decider be lynched?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 02:43:58 pm »

I asked if the game has flips because of the case of the human being first lynch. since not having flips would prevent deadlock D2, and no useful information will come from flips anyway.

First one might be a good idea, though at that point the Decider has already lost. The latter, Nope. The Decider is known and unlynchable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 02:46:24 pm »

First one might be a good idea, though at that point the Decider has already lost. The latter, Nope. The Decider is known and unlynchable.

The decider has already lost, but the game can continue if they don't know that they've lost. My concern would be that the game loses a little texture because now all three non-decider roles have the same game plan: get the other two killed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 02:54:27 pm »

The decider has already lost, but the game can continue if they don't know that they've lost. My concern would be that the game loses a little texture because now all three non-decider roles have the same game plan: get the other two killed.

K.. Kinda worried about the Decider getting glum, but sure, can take your advice into account since the game hasn't started..

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 05:28:21 pm »

Ptw
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 07:21:51 pm »

webadict, as a maker of crazy games, do you think it would help or hurt if the Angel/Demon knew who their opposite was?
Tough call.

If you make it against the rule to claim your opponents' role (in retaliation), then it could be interesting, as both the Angel and Demon know who needs to be executed first. It's a good way to start off. I think this puts the Angel, Demon, and Human in the same boat, since there's a lot of mindgames that can be played.

But, I think it's probably better to have their opponent not know. It feels good to have each other figure out who their "teammate" is. The Human kinda needs to pretend to be non-Human for the non-Humans and Human for the Decider.

So, whichever of these sounds more fun is what you should pick.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4