Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Angel or Demon: A 4 Player Game -The Second Sacrifice(Town Win)  (Read 7219 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Angel or Demon: A 4 Player Game -The Second Sacrifice(Town Win)
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2022, 12:41:00 pm »

Yeah the human needs to convince the decider to side with them at least. Refusing to engage with the game doesn’t do that ;)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2022, 12:48:05 pm »

*clap clap clap*

After Maximum Spin's first post I had the feeling he was going to win regardless of what his alignment actually was. He came across right compared Lidku and Egan_BW. I probably would have made the same decisions as NQT, but that doesn't mean I would have won.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:49:43 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Angel or Demon: A 4 Player Game
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2022, 12:51:31 pm »

This seems like it'd be a very short game, lol

lol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2022, 12:53:31 pm »

Yeah the human needs to convince the decider to side with them at least. Refusing to engage with the game doesn’t do that ;)
Engaging with the game is a waste of precious time for all roles. Really, the greatest gift you can give the decider is just telling them who should be left at the end.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2022, 01:01:58 pm »

Engaging with the game is a waste of precious time for all roles. Really, the greatest gift you can give the decider is just telling them who should be left at the end.
It isn’t though, since the decider doesn’t know who the player is they need to keep alive, while the human knows who needs to be lynched to win, while the angel and demon need to avoid lynching the human first, presumably, because the decider loses and it should really end the game at that point.

Consequently, the angel and demon need to figure out the human, while the human needs to convince the decider they’re human.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2022, 01:37:40 pm »

I did change it so there weren't lips, so the human being lynched first would have been fine?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2022, 06:19:39 pm »

I did change it so there weren't lips, so the human being lynched first would have been fine?
Yes that was the right design decision, as this keeps up the ruse that the game is still winnable for the decider. It wouldn't have worked with a D1 flip.

Max definitely had the right approach: addressing me, the decider. Lidku addressed Max in his post, but why would a human need to talk to the angel or demon at all? And Egan disengaging might have made some players second guess themselves, but it was (rightly or wrongly) a big red flag for me.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2022, 07:44:01 am »

This was entertaining. Egan was weirdly convincing in the first post, but the second post sounded a lot like an annoyed demon.  :P 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2022, 03:46:56 pm »

I should have remembered to squeeze in more swearing in the first.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]